Interesting Julius Jones news

2233boys

Benched
Reaction score
Beast_from_East;1250140 said:
MB3 is great as a closer, like Parcells said. Just like in Baseball, you dont put your closer in in the 3rd inning.
I read where Parcells said that, and I think he is stupid too...

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Beast_from_East;1250147 said:
If you think T-Ham and JuJo are the same......WOW:eek:
Yeah, that was a pretty ridiculous statement. Julius at his worst is still better than Hambrick. Still, Julius is nowhere near being a franchise back.

2233boys

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;1250153 said:
Yeah, that was a pretty ridiculous statement. Julius at his worst is still better than Hambrick. Still, Julius is nowhere near being a franchise back.
I said Tapper isn't that much better than Fatty. What is ridiculous about that? I guess if you haven't been watching the Cowboys for the last couple of months you could have missed Tapper's Hambrick type preformances.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
2233boys;1250158 said:
I said Tapper isn't that much better than Fatty. What is ridiculous about that? I guess if you haven't been watching the Cowboys for the last couple of months you could have missed Tapper's Hambrick type preformances.
He's quite a bit better than Hambrick. That isn't saying much, but it's ridiculous to state otherwise.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Beast_from_East;1250101 said:
Why in the world would we trade JuJo when Tuna has said multiple times that you have to have a pair of backs to win, one guy cant do it (unless you got LT of course)
Alexander;1250143 said:
Because you can draft another runner to do the average job that Jones is doing right now.
:hammer:

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Alexander;1250143 said:
Because you can draft another runner to do the average job that Jones is doing right now.

and the purpose of spending a draft pick on a RB, when we can just keep Julius is...?

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I would give him away quick for a high first round pick ...... and I like JJ.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
summerisfunner;1250193 said:
and the purpose of spending a draft pick on a RB, when we can just keep Julius is...?
To get a better one.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
summerisfunner;1250193 said:

To get a back who has a clue?

Jones has yet to overcome the prodding Coach Parcells gives him and honestly has no idea what he is supposed to do.

He has yet to even grasp what he is expected to do and probably thinks he is doing a fine job, despite the evidence.

Shotgun Dave

Reaction score
Wrangler87;1250102 said:
Comes from last years draft. Reports were that the Cowboys attempted to trade Jones to the Jets, and were going to try and draft Lawrence Maroney.

I don't think we trade Jones, but he certainly has to improve in certain aspects of his game.

Funny, he is a 1,000 yards back, but he just doesn't seem like one.

That's because one only has to rush for 62 yards per game to end a season as a 1,000 yard back. Hell, Tuna himself could almost do that.

It wouldn't surprise me one bit to see Jones traded. MB3 has proven, IMO, to be a more punishing, better balanced, downhill-type back than Jones. Also, There are several bigger backs that wil be available in the draft that could serve as a Brandon Jacobs-type role for Dallas.

I could easily see it happening. Plus, Thompson comes back and he could probably do spot duty and maybe more.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Alexander;1250205 said:
To get a back who has a clue?

Jones has yet to overcome the prodding Coach Parcells gives him and honestly has no idea what he is supposed to do.

He has yet to even grasp what he is expected to do and probably thinks he is doing a fine job, despite the evidence.

idk, just seems like a waste of time when the running game is good enough

Alexander

Reaction score
summerisfunner;1250207 said:
but Alex said we could get one just as average

and what if that draft pick proves worse than Julius?

Good heavens!

What would we do without Julius?:rolleyes:

Barber could easily take over the starting job and pair with another runner.

To be honest, a healthy Tyson Thompson could duplicate what Jones is doing right now.

Alexander

Reaction score
summerisfunner;1250211 said:
idk, just seems like a waste of time when the running game is good enough

It could be much, much better.

We cannot establish our ground game from the start because Jones isn't producing.

Luckily for us our passing game, and Romo specifically, is clicking and can convert third downs.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
summerisfunner;1250207 said:
but Alex said we could get one just as average

and what if that draft pick proves worse than Julius?
That's the risk you take.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Funny saying the same thing about Portis and betts around here in DC.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Alexander;1250212 said:
Good heavens!

What would we do without Julius?:rolleyes:

Barber could easily take over the starting job and pair with another runner.

To be honest, a healthy Tyson Thompson could duplicate what Jones is doing right now.

what we have is working, but if you want to spend another pick on a RB

buy a team or something