Interesting QB cap fact I heard this morning

Ken

Reaction score
You wanna be sick?

Mahomes cap hit next year is 46 million.
Dak's cap hit next year is 49 million.

Mahomes cap hit in 2024 is 44 million.
Dak's cap hit in 2024 is 52 million.
Why would you be sick?

Neither will actually be at that cap hit when the season starts.

Guaranteed.

gtb1943

Reaction score
QB salaries have gone idiotic so its hard to really compare 15 years or so ago with now.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
QB salaries have gone idiotic so its hard to really compare 15 years or so ago with now.

Not really.

You pay these non elite QBs you don’t win squat.

Heck if you pay the elite QBs you still may not win squat but at least you can validate the pay.

You can’t validate paying Dak.

If Dak had won a Super Bowl on his rookie contract I’d have been all for paying him but he didn’t and now he never will.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
In both games we had what most teams dream of. We had the ball with over 2 minutes and 3 time outs and a 40 million dollar QB to deliver the win. What happens next is some of the worst QB play and pathetic possessions that you will ever see in your life. A first down seemed all but impossible let alone an actual game winning drive. Dumb dumb should have been running for his life but he has his money now so you can forget about that.

Aven8

Reaction score
You wanna be sick?

Mahomes cap hit next year is 46 million.
Dak's cap hit next year is 49 million.

Mahomes cap hit in 2024 is 44 million.
Dak's cap hit in 2024 is 52 million.
It’s because Mahomes signed a 7 year 250 dollar deal. Remember Stephen wanted that 5 year deal to spread it out and ended up having to overpay by the time the deal was done. Negotiated against himself….

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Not really.

Heck if you pay the elite QBs you still may not win squat but at least you can validate the pay.

If Dak had won a Super Bowl on his rookie contract I’d have been all for paying him but he didn’t and now he never will.
Yes they have, do you know watson has something 220+ mil in dead money right now.

People made a big deal bout dak getting 75mil at signing. Watson got 230 mil at signing. His whole contract is basically all guaranteed

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Ok, but you did this last offseason too and his cap hit was 20.

So you like making yourself sick over nothing?
I also said Dak sucks and is a weak link.

He was overpaid last offseason also.

Again, Cowboys fans understand this. We get it that you don't, Dak fan.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Money isn’t the reason why this team doesn’t win. Dallas was by and large the better team than SF last Sunday. They didn’t lose bc their roster is inferior. They lost bc their qb sucked. Not bc how much money he makes. And before people chime in; we’ve seen Dak on a rookie deal and this dumb front office did nothing close to going all in. So let’s not even go down that road.
In no way am I defending Dak or his performance...but thinking our roster is BETTER is why we are here 28 years later. And as a GM/front office....winning at the highest levels takes MORE than the most talented roster. That may have been the case in the 90s. Which is why we won again AFTER Jimmy left...but you need more than that today. If you had put Purdy in Dallas last week..with our roster and coaching staff (not to mention our owner going nose to nose with our kicker in the pre-game)...Dallas would have gotten blown out!

Ken

Reaction score
I also said Dak sucks and is a weak link.

He was overpaid last offseason also.

Again, Cowboys fans understand this. We get it that you don't, Dak fan.
most Cowboys fans are casual fans.

I expect casual fans to think this way.

If i formed all of my opinions about football/cowboys from ESPN, this is what I would think too.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
most Cowboys fans are casual fans.

I expect casual fans to think this way.

If i formed all of my opinions about football/cowboys from ESPN, this is what I would think too.
You'd be better off with adopting ESPN's opinions as your own.

Because your own opinions are horrible and wrong.

Ya know, like that bet you lost to me because you thought with your heart instead of your brain.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Not really.

Would you pat Watson 230 mil over 5 yrs? All of it guaranteed?
Pay Allen 180 mil over the next 4 yrs.
Tannehill is getting 74 mil over 22 and 23 seasons, Dak 68 right now but most likely will go down with a restructure
Cousin 67.6mil over the same 2 yrs.

Imagine what Herbert is going to get and he has to sweat it til the last week to make the playoffs.

It's just the qb market

MikeB80

Reaction score
after the loss to the rams in the 18 playoffs it was beyond obvious Garrett and Marinelli were done....yet they came back the next year and promoted kellen moore as the big change.

after the loss to the niners sunday it is beyond obvious Dak/McCarthy/Moore are done. I bet they are all back and do nothing different next year....then jerry will make major changes a year to late....Like he did when Mike Shannahan became available after the 09 season. After the miserable loss to the vikings it would have been a perfect time to put Romo in Shannahan's offense. Yet he hung with wade, romo got hurt, the team quit and wade got fired.....Then there was no big time coach to hire in 11 so garrett was promoted. Same thing a year later....Andy reid was available.

If the jones cared about winning over money they would have dropped everything and hired shannahan or Reid....just like they did with Parcells. They are not interested in that though.

Ken

Reaction score
You'd be better off with adopting ESPN's opinions as your own.

Because your own opinions are horrible and wrong.

Ya know, like that bet you lost to me because you thought with your heart instead of your brain.
Nah...I will put my track record of everything Cowboys against literally anyone on this board.

The sun shines on a dog's butt at least once a day bud.