Interesting Shedeur Sanders quote

gtb1943

Reaction score
Shaddeur is solid. He has a live arm and he's mobile. I'm not sure he's Michael Vick-mobile.

He's polarizing because of his dad and the NIL hype so about 50% of the football world (fans, GM's scouts, coaches, media) will hate him.

Beck is good. He's very "safe."

Watch out for Riley Leonard, formerly of Duke and now, much to my chagrin, he's at Notre Dame. He doesn't have the elite arm strength you want in an NFL QB, but he consistently finds way to make plays, and now that he has better weapons, he could put up a ton of TDs.
most of the greatest QBs of all time did not have elite arms. Montana was not that strong; Brady neither, Peyton Mannings was average at best.
Elway and Aikman are some of the few mentioned in that argument that had top arms; and Elway arguably the best combination of arm and head ever.

gtb1943

Reaction score
Former Trojan and current Ole Miss QB Jaxson Dart can fling it. The A&M and Penn State QBs seem to have strong arms but I need to watch more.

I really like Ohio State's Will Howard (formerly Kansas State) and DJ Uiagaleilei (formerly everywhere) as far as arm strength. DJ has elite arm strength.
Love your comment about DJ from everywhere

morat1959

Reaction score
I was wondering what happened to Dart once Williams went to USC.
Thank you. Ole Miss is just one team I just don't follow.
OM is my college team. Dart isn’t there yet but he can make a big move up the draft board with a solid senior season.

kskboys

Reaction score
Shaddeur is solid. He has a live arm and he's mobile. I'm not sure he's Michael Vick-mobile.

He's polarizing because of his dad and the NIL hype so about 50% of the football world (fans, GM's scouts, coaches, media) will hate him.

Beck is good. He's very "safe."

Watch out for Riley Leonard, formerly of Duke and now, much to my chagrin, he's at Notre Dame. He doesn't have the elite arm strength you want in an NFL QB, but he consistently finds way to make plays, and now that he has better weapons, he could put up a ton of TDs.
Yeah, I doubt if anyone would know who he was if not for his dad.

kskboys

Reaction score
Lol. Moving ahead on draft boards when no games have been played, no workouts observed. Y'all will believe anything.
Then why in the world did you enter this thread? Why don't you go find a thread about something you'd like to discuss?

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

It is good to be self confident but based on what I have seen so far, I don't believe he is near the athlete Vick or his father was. As far as the Brady part, his team was trash last year, but he has a ways to go on that one.

Hyping is fun….I believe I’m a combination of Santa Claus and Pat Mahomes…I believe I will win the lottery.
I wouldnt say Shedeur is Mike Vice/Tom Brady

Tom yes, Vick...nah i don't see him as having that athletic speed like vick although he can move

i'd say more Tom Brady/Alex Smith or John Elway

the kid can ball
In his one year as a starter in a power 5 conference, this kid has won 4 of his 12 starts. He needs to show a lot more than what’s he’s shown so far to convince me he’s more than a good college QB…of which there are at least 100. Great college QBs? There are maybe 5 each year. He’s not one of those yet.

gtb1943

Reaction score

Yikes. :rolleyes: The Bruce Lee of BS? :muttley:

IF the reporter does nothing else but spew insults then actually I agree with the ban.
I am not Deion's biggest fan but if you have someone that will never give you a break then why give him anything?

RS12

Reaction score
IF the reporter does nothing else but spew insults then actually I agree with the ban.
I am not Deion's biggest fan but if you have someone that will never give you a break then why give him anything?
I think Deion showed you exactly who he was when he dumped the bucket of ice water over Tim McCarver's head in the Braves locker room back in the 90's. I am glad he helped the Cowboys win a ring but I have thought he was the part of the body where the sun doesn't shine ever since. He has always been thin skinned and trying to control the narrative, That is what I believe is happening here and if you read the article on his tenure at CU football it wasn't a positive at all.

gtb1943

Reaction score
I think Deion showed you exactly who he was when he dumped the bucket of ice water over Tim McCarver's head in the Braves locker room back in the 90's. I am glad he helped the Cowboys win a ring but I have thought he was the part of the body where the sun doesn't shine ever since. He has always been thin skinned and trying to control the narrative, That is what I believe is happening here and if you read the article on his tenure at CU football it wasn't a positive at all.
As I said I am not a real fan of him; but at the same time too many so called sports reporters or whatever are garbage anymore

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Shadeur Sanders has a long way to go. He’s a good college QB with a good not great arm, average mobility and a great hype machine.

He’s had some good moments but he’s also only played one year against Power 5 competition. He threw way too many picks last year and needs to show he can lead a team to more success than the 4 wins they had last year. I see Sanders at this point as an NFL backup unless he really improves this year.
As a CU Buffs guy, I went to all the home games in Boulder last year. I’ve got to say, Sanders does pass the eye test in person when you compare him to other college QBs. He just looks better in most facets of the game. Live arm, good mobility, makes some tough throws in tight windows, etc.

His offensive line last year had him running for his life nearly every play. It was actually stunning how poorly they blocked and it really impacted his ability to play the position the right way.

Based off what I’ve seen, I think he has the potential to be a very good NFL QB and we will be able to evaluate him much more clearly this season since the talent around him will be better this year.

reddyuta

Reaction score
Carson Beck? really?.man i am not feeling these new QBs but if Bo Nix can get drafted in RD 1 then anything is possible.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
If Colorado doesn’t do a better job protecting him this year none of this will matter. Guy got mauled every game.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Carson Beck? really?.man i am not feeling these new QBs but if Bo Nix can get drafted in RD 1 then anything is possible.
Bo Nix reminds me of Drew Henson. Great arm. Looked the part. His mechanics though…nothing easy or fluid. That type never makes it in the NFL.