Interesting stat- Garrett’s record after a bye

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
ok, I think you answered your own question. Jerry is Horrid, yet Garrett is at fault!!! not sure if what you said really makes sense.....

Not complicated at all really. Jerry is an idiot that hires idiots like Garrett.

Garrett sucks as a coach, which leads to losing games we should win.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
As long has Jerry hires idiots like Garrett to run his team, we will never win a SB. Never.
The only time we did was with Switzer but even then we let one get away and it eventually ruined the team.

And why we are a talent dependent franchise. Any weaknesses in our talent is exposed much like we see with key injuries.

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Not complicated at all really. Jerry is an idiot that hires idiots like Garrett.

I think we’d all like a legit HC and then Jerry get out of the way.

What do you think the likelihood is of that happening?

You think Jerry is finally ready to give it up and let a named HC swoop in and take all the credit? Who are we going to attract even if Jerry did want to bring someone in.

Shoot, Jerry isn’t even willing to give his own son more credit for assuming some of his role.

Firing Garrett doesn’t necessarily resolve our issues if we continue hiring Puppets. Sad but true!!

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Our dysfunctional organization calls for solutions which go against the norm. When you have an Obstacle and Handicap you have to look for ways to overcome or circumvent the issues.

Our Obstacle is an owner who refuses to hire named HC’s who could become the face of the franchise gaining most of the credit for the success.

So, how do you overcome this Obstacle?
You hire subordinates or Puppets who can influence the process and instincts of the Obstacle . You then attempt to surround the Handicap with as much support and talent as possible.

Doesn't everyone agree on the most part the process has been better in recent years? Every time we add additional support( like in asst coaches which doesn’t seem to intimidate the Obstacle) and talent we see better results.

Jerry- Obstacle
Jason- Handicap

Last edited:

silvrNblue

Reaction score
Not to worry chaps, ole JJ has a grandson playing QB and will soon either be taking DP's spot, or perhaps the newly invented GM position in Dallas... it's all golden in jerry world!

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Not to worry chaps, ole JJ has a grandson playing QB and will soon either be taking DP's spot, or perhaps the newly invented GM position in Dallas... it's all golden in jerry world!
Jerry won’t even give his own son credit and promote him.

The grandson isn’t NFL caliber QB but I could see giving him a token job in the organization.

Unfortunately I don’t expect to see Jerry give it up until Mother Nature calls which could go well into his 80’s.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
Jerry won’t even give his own son credit and promote him.

The grandson isn’t NFL caliber QB but I could see giving him a token job in the organization.

Unfortunately I don’t expect to see Jerry give it up until Mother Nature calls which could go well into his 80’s.
yea, I just tossed in the Dak part for dressing, we all know he will either open a spot, or invent one to place him. Just what this team needs is more meddling family members running it

Diehardblues

Reaction score
One thing I respect about Jerry is he doesn’t mind taking the heat. He’s always said the buck stops with him. And he takes on the Damage Control about as well as anyone I can recall in sports Mgmt.

But I don’t think he’ll ever place any of his family in the same position. And I’m not sure they’d want it. Jerry has unique flamboyant entrepreneurial skills who not only embraces but cherishes the celebrity spotlight. He loathes good or bad press.

He’s been able to deliver his load of crap and sell it mostly because of his early success. He’s a master promoter and salesman. Much like most Oilmen are. You convince everyone there’s oil in the hole then when there’s not you move to the next hole.

Seems I recall Jerry’s wife saying she wouldn’t want any of her children taking on the public scrutiny and humility Jerry has. Plus with equal partnership between the siblings after his passing assuming it doesn’t go to his wife it’s not clear who would take majority ownership.

In that scenario I’d look for Stephen to take the Pres role and hire a GM and begin operating Cowboys Football in a more traditional NFL style. Otherwise the sibling or family member GM would be subject to ousting if unsuccessful by a vote of the other siblings and or family members who cumulatively would have power.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
We need to talk about Garrett's record after a bye week , because there isn't anything to talk about Garrett's post season record .

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

so it starts with Jerry...and it will continue as such...insert name for the name coach and we pretty much will have same results while Jerry is in charge.....its been that way for 27 years. almost three decades and given we will have a new coach next year, I don't expect much to happen next. if we hire Riley, I defnitley don't think we accomplish much the next two years as he would be learning NFL coaching...

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
so it starts with Jerry...and it will continue as such...insert name for the name coach and we pretty much will have same results while Jerry is in charge.....its been that way for 27 years. almost three decades and given we will have a new coach next year, I don't expect much to happen next. if we hire Riley, I defnitley don't think we accomplish much the next two years as he would be learning NFL coaching...

Garrett still sucks.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
so you agenda and intention all along despite all the responses is to say "garrett sucks"....given my response had to do with Jerry and the next coach, yet you diverted to "garrett"....

No, my point is always the same. Garrett sucks. You keep trying to change the subject to Jerry jones. who also sucks.

kumizi

Reaction score
Not surprising considering Garrett goes out his way to tell us he doesn’t game plan much. “We’re just worried about taking care of what we do.”

it’s the same reason we fall apart when there’s an injury. JG isn’t smart enough to adjust the game plan week to week like Belichek, Reid, etc.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
No, my point is always the same. Garrett sucks. You keep trying to change the subject to Jerry jones. who also sucks.
I didn't change the subject, seemingly you got into an argument regarding jones with other posters...you even said jerry sucks and there is no argument...I didn't bring that up.. you agreed that garrett is a puppet..and all I did was ask a simple question, now you seem all upset.....

you can't be this forgetful, however its all in this thread so you can follow your own posts...

its really simple...jerry sucks. every coach outside of parcells and jimmy that worked for jerry SUCKED and parcells and Jimmy were ran out of town....Jerry is a joke, thus as a result this franchise is a joke, the coach is a joek and even firing garrett isn't going to change anything...another puppet....another joke of a coach and same arguments...

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
"We didn't execute well enough..." - Jason Garrett

10 years of hearing that , is why Garrett is garbage .

Execution starts with game-planning, scheming , & a good playbook .

Execute What ? <--- Players need to execute something , but after 10 years of garbage post season results ., its undeniable garrett offers hot garbage as HC .

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
It's a shame,the players love Garrett and play hard for the him. You would think he would reward them by giving them a solid game plan and put them in the best position to reward their efforts:(
3fi9vw.jpg

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I didn't change the subject, seemingly you got into an argument regarding jones with other posters...you even said jerry sucks and there is no argument...I didn't bring that up.. you agreed that garrett is a puppet..and all I did was ask a simple question, now you seem all upset.....

you can't be this forgetful, however its all in this thread so you can follow your own posts...

its really simple...jerry sucks. every coach outside of parcells and jimmy that worked for jerry SUCKED and parcells and Jimmy were ran out of town....Jerry is a joke, thus as a result this franchise is a joke, the coach is a joek and even firing garrett isn't going to change anything...another puppet....another joke of a coach and same arguments...

I don't argue with people that agree with me. That seems to be what you are doing.

As far has firing Garrett its way over due. Anyone is better then clappy the clown. At least Jones had enough sense to fire his butt from the offense.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
That makes his total “after a bye” record as 5-5.
How does that compare with other NFL teams after a bye? Garrett’s teams rank 18th of 32 in post bye matchups since he started in 2011.
Mike Tomlin 6-4

It’s no coincidence that in the last decade plus, these guys have all won a Super Bowl or in BB’s case, several SBs.

Are you really trying to make an argument that Tomlin has a substantially better record?

Pretty sad if you are.