Internal answer while Gallup's out?

Mannix

Reaction score
If Booger and Chuckles had kept their mouths shut about cutting Cooper, we could have cut Gallup.....like we should have....and drafted another great receiver with our high pick. But of course that didn't happen. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

_sturt_

Reaction score
I didn’t miss read anything

Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Sorry, that's an incorrect answer. You can argue a lot of things, and will... but you wrote what you wrote, and I wrote what I wrote, and those are different things.

LWR_Recording.png

Can't admit even that minor thing, not really seeing any productive purpose in continuing to engage you, my friend. Wish you well, but will mark you down on the "best-to-ignore" list over here on my side of the internet.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If the Cowboys figure out during the season that they screwed up by trading Cooper they may end up having to make another trade during the season for a WR. In 2008 they made an in season trade for Roy Williams when they were struggling at WR. That trade didn’t work out. Everyone remembers the trade for Cooper during the 2018 season when we were struggling at receiver and that did work out. We appear to have left ourselves in another precarious situation at WR entering the 2022 season.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Sorry, that's an incorrect answer. You can argue a lot of things, and will... but you wrote what you wrote, and I wrote what I wrote, and those are different things.

LWR_Recording.png

Can't admit even that minor thing, not really seeing any productive purpose in continuing to engage you, my friend. Wish you well, but will mark you down on the "best-to-ignore" list over here on my side of the internet.

I know exactly what I wrote and what you’re suggesting, you’re just looking to argue. Go ahead and put me on ignore. lol

_sturt_

Reaction score
No team rotates number two WRs during a game, especially with an RB. You’re really screwed up if you’re having to do that. If you don’t have a receiver you can count on to play that position then you’re in trouble entering the season. Not having Amari Cooper is going to create a big problem for the Cowboys. Most think Gallup will start the season on PUP. He’ll miss several games if that happens. When he returns he’s not likely to be back to form after missing all that time. It usually takes a receiver a full year to recover from an ACL and return to form. There’s rumors the Cowboys were trying to move up in the first round of the draft for a WR. If that’s true

PerfumedWellmadeGrassspider-small.gif

then they’re very concerned about their WR position

_sturt_

Reaction score
Go ahead and put me on ignore.

I don't do that. Is that even a thing on this board? Doesn't matter. I don't do that. It's silly to me that people would do that. If only for the purposes of a good laugh at times, it's good to be able to read everyone's posts... and who knows, sometimes even the proverbial blind squirrel finds an acorn. All I do is what I just said I do, and that's reasonable... hehe... like just now... you telling me that I'm the one who is "just looking to argue," after irrefutably, your own words betray yourself as that guy?... hehehehehehe

_sturt_

Reaction score
That was exactly my response to your OP. lol

Yes, it clearly was. We agree. Which explains the "misread"... nope... to the contrary, just never read it at all.

_sturt_

Reaction score
You brought up the ignore list.

Good to see you're reading entire posts now.

And, my mistake for not explaining that, when I said...

LWR_Recording.png

... I really meant on my side of the internet... here... my list... not on a server, not online.

I'll try to do better.

But enough of this... any last words to this exchange beyond this post will be yours. No time for this, and that, even though I have all kinds of time (somewhat obviously) today.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Good to see you're reading entire posts now.

And, my mistake for not explaining that, when I said...

LWR_Recording.png

... I really meant on my side of the internet... here... my list... not on a server, not online.

I'll try to do better.

But enough of this... any last words to this exchange beyond this post will be yours. No time for this, and that, even though I have all kinds of time (somewhat obviously) today.

I didn’t read your entire post only the first few sentences. lol

KeepinTime

Reaction score
Please…no Cole Beasley. He’s been a pretty good slot receiver in this league…emphasis on pretty good. I’m not anti-Beas, just have never been that impressed to begin with.

Beas averaged about 31 yards per game while here in Big D. With some good years in Buffalo his career yds per game is still only about 35 yds per game. That’s the definition of overrated. Having him here would not be anything I would consider an upgrade and would probably just occupy a roster spot we could use to develop a young receiver with more upside.
Beasley can **** off.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This calls for creative thinking and imagination from the Cowboys, when was the last time you saw that? McC once converted a WR to RB out of necessity but he had more control in GB than he does here.

_sturt_

Reaction score
Beasley can **** off.

Again, I would prefer a vet, and I wouldn't rule out anyone that we know has chemistry with Dak, though he very plausibly might rule himself out and/or the FO might do that. Dunno.

But this thread is about how we compensate internally... this WR room is a significantly-less proven WR room than we've had the last couple of years.

Obviously, I'm not presuming the best of Washington, a player who has went from 10 to 7 to 2 starts, and 80 to 56 to 44 targets, and 44 to 30 to 24 catches, and 735 to 392 to 285 yards. He's not a credible starter. He's a fill-in starter for a single game if that's what you have to do. He's welcome to prove me wrong, and he could... but don't pretend the evidence isn't the evidence, and that optimism is not actually that well-grounded that he's going to justify starting the several games it's anticipated Gallup will miss.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Not recommending this necessarily, but it occurs to me that Pollard came into the league considered a hybrid RB/WR by many.

Count me as one of those uncomfortable with going from Cooper/Gallup/Lamb as our primary 3 receivers to Lamb/3rd Rd Draft Pick/Replacement-Level FA to start the year. So, I'm pretty firmly in the camp of those who want to see another addition to the WR room, maybe a Cole Beasley or a Keelan Cole.

But let's say that doesn't happen.

Think KM would look to incorporate Pollard more into the passing game as a receiver. Not suggesting he would be a full-time receiver, but that perhaps the idea would be to fill the Gallup void "by committee," with Pollard being a prominent member of that committee.... ??? (Yes, that's a question, not a statement wrapped in a question. :) )

3 or 4 games is no big deal. Much to do about nothing, now if it’s half the year that’s a bigger deal.

visionary

Reaction score
I just enjoy the game and I don't worry about another man's money. I've never said that Dak is great or Elite, but the haters keep insisting that he sucks because they can't live vicariously through him or don't accomplish enough of their own to be happy. I don't make excuses for players, but I don't hate on them either.....insecurity is a bad thing.

Ok now the difference between us is becoming clearer. You “enjoy the game” so you don’t care whether Cowboys win or lose, I am a fan of the Cowboys and I want them to win SBs and anything preventing that makes me unhappy

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ok now the difference between us is becoming clearer. You “enjoy the game” so you don’t care whether Cowboys win or lose, I am a fan of the Cowboys and I want them to win SBs and anything preventing that makes me unhappy
I grew out of that a long time ago. I enjoy the game, win or lose. We all want to win, but I won't waste my time crying about it if we don't. I don't blame you for how you feel, most feel like you do....i don't anymore. I'm happy if we win, but I'm not miserable if we don't.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
right.
but i still think tolbert has more talent/up-side than ced.

Definitely. I’m talking about the short term. If Gallup is sidelined for a while, our WR corps will be very inexperienced. Even CeeDee has never really proven he can be an effective #1. So you’re gonna hope that CeeDee can step into a #1 role and a rookie can step into a #2 role. There’s a lot of unknowns there.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Pollard's not a WR. To expect him to step up in a role he hasn't played isn't the best option. You're far more likely to get production from the rookie.
I agree he is not a WR but he can do all the routes Beasley can do from the LOS to +10 yards. I would dare say that may be worth looking at since it would get him out in space and take advantage of his speed and quickness once the ball is in his hands.