Irvin isn't a real Cowboy fan...

Royal Laegotti

Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy!
Reaction score
Wonderboyromo;2516991 said:
I have no idea about you personally. I'm just saying in general.

Oh! Well you had me pretty much pegged. I've built up plenty of bitter venom over the last 12 years of watching this team, it just comes out naturally not really intentionally!

yimyammer

Reaction score
l2obert;2517005 said:
So why not get JJ to pay Irvin to do motivational locker room appearances twice a week? (One before game, one at half time) :D

Sounds good to me, he can start with the coaches and then work his way down to the team

ladiewolve

Reaction score
yimyammer;2516984 said:
He was walking up the tunnell after the game being interviewed by Joe Trahan.

Here's my best effort to transcribe what he said (courtesy of TIVO):

He was pissed and sounded like he was about to cry

"That's it!!

That's it, that's the bottom line!!

You win this game, you win it for the fans so they can at least say, OK we won the last game at Texas Stadium.

Man, you can't man-up and do that????

Then don't even talk about going to the playoffs, don't even talk....

you can't go down and find something in your GUT??!!

To come up with something......a victory tonight????

SHHHEEEEEEEESHH!!!!!!!!

COME ON MAN!!!!!!!!!"

I love that guy and MISS his passion on the team.

He and the rest of the team of the nineties have spoiled me absolutely rotten

That passion spoiled us all...yet from the few players like T.O. that we do see with passion on the sidelines yelling and trying to pump up the players...well those seem to be the ones dogged the most from the media and the fans.
I for one wish we had more on the team that got mad and yelled and tried to bring some life into the team. They should be showing it!!!

gmb85

Reaction score
yimyammer;2517008 said:
I wish you could have seen and heard it. The written word does not convey how upset he was...I realy think he was almost brought to tears he was so upset
Somebody put it on youtube ASAP.:p:

Royal Laegotti

Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy!
Reaction score
yimyammer;2517011 said:
Sounds good to me, he can start with the coaches and then work his way down to the team
:lmao2: That's pretty good! I never thought about starting with them but if the shoe fits, you know the rest!

yimyammer

Reaction score
ladiewolve;2517012 said:
That passion spoiled us all...yet from the few players like T.O. that we do see with passion on the sidelines yelling and trying to pump up the players...well those seem to be the ones dogged the most from the media and the fans.
I for one wish we had more on the team that got mad and yelled and tried to bring some life into the team. They should be showing it!!!

Me too, but TO has got to take lessons from Irvin. I really think TO feels the same as Irvin, but he can't convey his thoughts in an inspirational way like Irvin can.

I am starting to see what Irvin and Emmit are talking about when they say the team has no leader.

I know this is a crazy thought, but I think Ray Lewis would be worth signing for his leadership & passion alone. Someone with credibility and passion needs to come into the locker room and start busting heads.

DALLAS D

Reaction score
mmohican29;2516942 said:
Dude everyone was disgusted. But guess what? We've got one bullet left and that's all that matters right now. Should we lose in Philadelphia or in the playoffs, re-commence the ripping of the team, rip them now if you want as well: just don't give up hope.

Im reminded of a quote....

Dirty Hairy -" I know what you're thinking. Did he fire six shots or only five? Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya punk?"

We have the team, dont know if they have the heart, but we have the team. I can only hope for a pissed off wade phillps to call a vicious defense..one can only hope..

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31;2516951 said:
Basically said (in a very, very upset and disgusted tone) that it was pathetic how little heart and desire Dallas showed, what with them fighting for a playoff spot and this being the last game at Texas Stadium. Said that real men would have found a way to win that game.

If only a member of the current team would stand up and say something like that... then the cowboys would have the leader they so desperately need.

Randy White

Reaction score
is exactly what this team has been missing. He needs to suit up even if it's just to pace up and down the sidelines.

:bow:

DWhite Fan

It ain't over 'til it's over
Reaction score
yimyammer;2516930 said:
Did anyone see how pissed off Irvin was after last nights game (it was a clip on Dale Hansens sports special tonight)?

He was every bit as disgusted as I and many people who have posted in this forum and had theiir fan status questioned.

At least I know I'm in good company.

"That's it!!

You win this game, you win it for the fans so they can at least say, OK we won the last game at Texas Stadium.

SHHHEEEEEEEESHH!!!!!!!!

COME ON MAN!!!!!!!!!"

I saw that on the news. It reminded me of what I have always admired about Irvin and what I wish this team had........an emotional leader who could fire the team up. Man do I miss Irvin being on the Cowboys sideline :(

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Micheal Irvin isn't a true Dallas Cowboy fan? Micheal Irvin is 1 of the biggest fans this team will ever have and he is 110% right in what he said. Along with Micheals wife and children the Dallas Cowboys are Irvin's family and his life. He is sticking up for the fans, the organizations legends and is the exact football leadership this team is missing.

Once again, Micheal Irvin is 110% right about Saturdays result and in my eyes is as much a real DC football fan as ever. I respect him more for stating the truth and saying something when the owner didn't even have the brass to express it right after the ceremony. You can tell when Micheal came out of the tunnel how ashamed he was about the result even though he was just about to be glorified for past team accomplishments. What a joke Saturday's result is.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
AKATheRake;2517299 said:
Micheal Irvin isn't a true Dallas Cowboy fan? Micheal Irvin is 1 of the biggest fans this team will ever have and he is 110% right in what he said. Along with Micheals wife and children the Dallas Cowboys are Irvin's family and his life. He is sticking up for the fans, the organizations legends and is the exact football leadership this team is missing. I don't like to bash people for their posts but this is the single most ridiculous post I have ever read on here.

You actually think you know better than Micheal regarding this team and the result they got Saturday night? I question if you're a real fan and not some DC PR guy. Once again, Micheal Irvin is 110% right about Saturdays result and in my eyes is as much a real DC football fan as ever. I respect him more for stating the truth and saying something when the owner didn't even have the brass to express it right after the ceremony. You can tell when Micheal came out of the tunnel how ashamed he was about the result even though he was just about to be glorified for past team accomplishments. What a joke this post and Saturday's result is.

Your sarcasm detector needs repairs.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
yimyammer;2517008 said:
I wish you could have seen and heard it. The written word does not convey how upset he was...I realy think he was almost brought to tears he was so upset

Yah, and that's not a real fan. That's someone who does not care about this team [sarcasm]. I believe he was almost brought to tears. That man has so many memories of that stadium and saw it go down to crap right in front of him. Training camp had more coverage and hype this year than a stadium we won 5 SB's in and have almost 40 years of history in. If anyone question's MI's dedication as a fan, I question your level of comprehension.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
AKATheRake;2517305 said:
Yah, and that's not a real fan. That's someone who does not care about this team [sarcasm]. I believe he was almost brought to tears. That man has so many memories of that stadium and saw it go down to crap right in front of him. Training camp had more coverage and hype this year than a stadium we won 5 SB's in and have almost 40 years of history in. You question MI's dedication as a fan and I question your level of comprehension.

I question your ability to process simple sarcasm.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Rack;2517309 said:
I question your ability to process simple sarcasm.

After Saturdays result there is no patience for sarcasm. This team needs to go on lock down. This team is like the restore project in your signature, it just does not finish.

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
AKATheRake;2517314 said:
After Saturdays result there is no patience for sarcasm. This team needs to go on lock down. This team is like the restore project in your signature, it just does not finish.

Zing! :lmao2:

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
AKATheRake;2517314 said:

Nice.

:bow:

lcharles

Negativity King
Reaction score
I am in total agreement with Micheal Irvin. 100%

Btw, there are no players the calibur of him on this team. none.

So, Mike and I are bad fans. Deal with it.:starspin

Daudr

Reaction score
yimyammer;2516930 said:
Did anyone see how pissed off Irvin was after last nights game (it was a clip on Dale Hansens sports special tonight)?

He was every bit as disgusted as I and many people who have posted in this forum and had theiir fan status questioned.

At least I know I'm in good company.

"That's it!!

SHHHEEEEEEEESHH!!!!!!!!

COME ON MAN!!!!!!!!!"

I'm confused. If he said what you posted, then I think he's as much of a fan as any of us. I'm saying the exact same thing. I am disgusted by what I saw. My stomach was literally in knots and I was nauseated for hours after that farce.