Irving: Call me when NFL changes weed policy

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I don't think anyone is bashing weed. We're bashing the idiot who finds it more important than a multimillion dollar career that could set him and his family up for life.

Exactly. I think he has a problem when getting stoned is more important than playing ball. Ricky Williams left the NFL for a while because he was more interested in getting high than playing football. He later returned. It is the players choice and while I think it is stupid to him playing ball is the least of his concern. So enjoy

Doomsday101

Reaction score
You say he's an idoit (judgement), you say he has little self control (judgement). I ask you, do you know this man? Have sat down and had a conversation with him? Do you know what's important to him?

Your basing your judgements off what you would do or what's important to you. Your not David Irving, so you don't know what he should be doing. He may not even like football.

Well we know between football and getting high evidently getting high takes priority. I don't need to know him he has stated as much. NFL will either change their policy or he is not going to play. I think the NFL will survive without him and he gets what he wants as well. At least until the money runs out

perrykemp

Reaction score
If he don't talk about it then how will it change, isn't that how society becomes better. So you saying you just want him to "Play ball and shut up"

He is willing to throw away his career over weed?

Who appointed him the weed crusader?

lukin2006

Reaction score
No problem, thanks for clarifying. My point was that David Irving is simply doing whatever he wants, and whatever is easiest for him right now. He's not "standing up" for himself nor anyone else. He's just taking the easies route and the point of least resistance.

I could respect it I felt he was putting in any work to get the current rules and laws changed, but he's not. He's laying around getting high and complaining about rules in the contract he signed on for. And that's lame.

This is true. He could have become an active member of the players union as a representative. Because if they want weed legal in the NFL, then the players union has to negotiate it. Someday it will be legal in the NFL.

gambit187

Reaction score
He is willing to throw away his career over weed?

Who appointed him the weed crusader?
FUNNY notice the PRONOUN YOU used........HIS CAREER...not your life my dude, not your fight unless you're walking in shoes and have gone through his life issues. I am 1 million % sure Ricky Williams is happy....how do I know I HAVE ASKED HIM.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Maybe you missed the point where I said I'm 48, Look late 20's my last physical the Doc said Early 30's. I don't catch colds(if I feel one coming on I eat some super hot kimchi noodles) so immune system effects I don't know. Also I'm pretty sure inhaling burning girl coals is something that would never be legal or a thing.....please stop it ...lmao

Marijuana is also legal, and my comment has absolutely nothing to do with your physical wellbeing... or David's.

glimmerman

Reaction score
This is true. He could have become an active member of the players union as a representative. Because if they want weed legal in the NFL, then the players union has to negotiate it. Someday it will be legal in the NFL.
I think it will have to be federally legal before the NFL even considers it.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Umm wrong again...NOT EVERYONE SHOT IN THE HEAD DIES.....Look that up...Also look up 50 cent as a reference.....you keep losing YO.....

It's an anecdote. You didn't even get the point. Just because weed doesn't kill does not mean it isn't a drug that is addictive.

gambit187

Reaction score
It's an anecdote. You didn't even get the point. Just because weed doesn't kill does not mean it isn't a drug that is addictive.
My last with you. Prescribed pills, tobacco, and alcohol are all legal and kill way more people. You people are sheep until big companies owned by a majority of a certain color of stockholders start making it legal. You will all sit back and defend tobacco and alcohol until weed becomes legal in all states and people close to you start profiting off it or people you are cool with coming out the closet as smokers or start smoking.....Oh and your anecdote about everyone that gets shot in the head dies......yeah never use that again.....it's been fun gotta run

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
My last with you. Prescribed pills, tobacco, and alcohol are all legal and kill way more people. You people are sheep until big companies owned by a majority of a certain color of stockholders start making it legal. You will all sit back and defend tobacco and alcohol until weed becomes legal in all states and people close to you start profiting off it or people you are cool with coming out the closet as smokers or start smoking.....Oh and your anecdote about everyone that gets shot in the head dies......yeah never use that again.....it's been fun gotta run

Interesting points, none of them relevant to mine. Marijuana is a drug: Fact. David Irving is addicted: Opinion with strong factual support. David Irving's drug addiction will cost him the greatest opportunity of his life: That one is somewhere between the haze of opinion and fact.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
During your suspension, go back to the ghetto and smoke all you want. But it won't be the NFL after you, it will be the poh leece.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

No thanks to anything from David Irving.

Doomsday101

Reaction score

Yeah and groups have gone head over hills to put the hurt on tobacco companies with massive law suite. I really do not care what Irving choose do to, Cowboys were not planning on resigning and I don't blame them after all Cowboys are supposed to be a football team not a halfway house. If Irving want to quit playing ball and get stoned very day that is his business on the other hand NFL says any player who is test positive for any banned substance can and will be suspended and that is their business.

gambit187

Reaction score
Yeah and groups have gone head over hills to put the hurt on tobacco companies with massive law suite. I really do not care what Irving choose do to, Cowboys were not planning on resigning and I don't blame them after all Cowboys are supposed to be a football team not a halfway house. If Irving want to quit playing ball and get stoned very day that is his business on the other hand NFL says any player who is test positive for any banned substance can and will be suspended and that is their business.

Kind of like if a woman wants to have unprotected sex and pay for her plan b or pay for her abortions we ain't got nothing to say about HER BODY

Doomsday101

Reaction score
My last response to you and this is a REAL AND RAW as I can keep. Marijuana is illegal because the white man was scared of it and made it A DRUG AND ILLEGAL, and the white man is the one that is going to capitalize off of it, while tons of minorities rot in jail. Tobacco is a drug also by the way. This is a fact also get it, got it ...ok we done.

I don't care, Personally weed is not a big deal to me and if Irving wants to get stoned instead of playing ball that is his choice. However NFL has choices as well and are a business of their own and can legally put in rules from dress codes to drug testing. It is alright for a player to have rights I agree it is also alright for any business to have rights. Lastly seems the ones getting very rich are south of the US border as it is cartels growing and selling it. I don't see too many white guys running the cartels. I know Tobacco is a drug, so is coffee.

ItzKelz

Reaction score

https://247sports.com/nfl/dallas-co...-off-on-NFL-weed-policy-suspension-129814277/

"Well once they do that, give me a call," he wrote. "[Because] it's bull**** how I have Xanax bars and hydros right next to me to take — given to me by the NFL, of course — however we can't smoke the same weed the staff itself smokes." ....

"I’m in the NFL because I’m great at what I do," he wrote in a recent IG post. "I’m not in the NFL because I’m an Eagle Scout, or the perfect model citizen. I didn’t put on a mask or kiss *** to be where I am. I'm here on natural ability.

"This is God’s plan. Not mine. Trust me, I’m adjusting to it as well. Once I step on the field and stop performing, then we have a problem.

"So does anyone have anything to say about my play?"

Surprisingly this is a well thought out and true statement. Didnt think I would be saying this but well done Irv.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Kind of like if a woman wants to have unprotected sex and pay for her plan b or pay for her abortions we ain't got nothing to say about HER BODY

Yep but I do not have to pay for it, according to the law no abortion can be funded by tax payer money. Now of course that is a bit of a lie since certain organization claim they are not using tax payer money but I think most of us know different.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Surprisingly this is a well thought out and true statement. Didnt think I would be saying this but well done Irv.

True and I'm glad he is not on this team. Dealing with injuries is beyond the players control but getting suspended for being stupid is correctable and glad to see he is taking the step to correct it by leaving. Cowboys can now focus on finding players they can depend on and Irving can concentrate of finding the best primo weed in town. Win/Win