Is a Manziel trade already in the works?

rynochop

Reaction score
Jerry must know johnnys dad or grandad thru the oil biz. I still contend he's just being nice to him with the draft and now trade talk.

Wrangler87

Reaction score
Meredith, Namath and Stabler were all bigger and had stronger arms than Manziel.

Maziel's arm strength is more than adequate for the NFL. Just as strong as Romo. Manziel has mobility and awareness much like Roger did. Manziel is six feet tall, taller than Russell Wilson and the same height as Drew Brees.

Wrangler87

Reaction score

All that and he still won the Heisman Trophy and was a dominate college QB. That speaks volumes about his skills and athleticism. Can you imagine how good he could be if he did study and prepare correctly. Ask Brett Favre. The Falcons bailed on Favre for the exact same reasons that the Browns are probably going to bail on Manziel. The Packers took a chance on him, he buckled down, to some extent, and look how that turned out.

Verdict

Reaction score
I look at Manziel the same way that I do with any other player, it is a risk/reward decision. With Manziel I highly doubt that anyone will give up a 3rd round pick for him. Its not only the pick that you give up to get him, if you trade for him, you also take on his first round contract.

I don't think we would pay him first round money to sit on the bench and accept the risk of his antics. I think Cleveland will cut him, eventually. If so, he becomes a little bit more of an enticing risk/reward proposition, but the smart money says that he will always be a problem off the field due to his personality. It doesn't matter where he goes, his personality (disorders) will not change. The best you can do is to manage personality disorders and that is exhaustive ........and never ending.

Killerinstinct

Reaction score
I look at Manziel the same way that I do with any other player, it is a risk/reward decision. With Manziel I highly doubt that anyone will give up a 3rd round pick for him. Its not only the pick that you give up to get him, if you trade for him, you also take on his first round contract.

I don't think we would pay him first round money to sit on the bench and accept the risk of his antics. I think Cleveland will cut him, eventually. If so, he becomes a little bit more of an enticing risk/reward proposition, but the smart money says that he will always be a problem off the field due to his personality. It doesn't matter where he goes, his personality (disorders) will not change. The best you can do is to manage personality disorders and that is exhaustive ........and never ending.

It's a late 1st rd contract. The dollar amount is different than picking a QB at no 4. His contract is perfect for our needs.

IAmLegend

Reaction score

CX43Z6sUwAAu2VX

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
I just don't see it with Lynch.

Not sure what you don't see. There are boxes that we can't check, since none of us will likely be able to talk to him about an NFL offense (or would have his understanding), but the boxes we can check, are just about all checked. At 6'6 245, he has an NFL frame, and he has more than enough mobility. He's got an NFL arm, capable of making any throw and has displayed pretty good accuracy. Now, how much of his accuracy is based off the scheme he's in, I won't pretend to know, but scouts will quickly recognize which it is once they begin to study him on film. On top of all the physical tools, he was highly productive, throwing 28 TDs to only 4 INTs and passing for more than 3700 yards. He's far from a sure thing, as is any prospect, but if you don't see it, it's likely because you don't want to.