Is anyone still questioning if Dak can be The Guy?

Philmonroe

Reaction score
He needs someone to get open and catch the ball. A descent line to give him time and he has been fortunate to have Elliot. I am wondering if they have put more on Dak this year to throw it or maybe because Elliot wasn’t around for TC, was assuming they would use our other RB.

And don’t call me obtuse. Lol
I don't know if you're all the way obtuse but on this Dak talent issue I'm sorry I have to call it as I see. If Dak doesn't have top level talent at every level his play falls off the cliff and people that are pro Dak never seem to speak on that.

Darthkuriboh

Reaction score
you should always question whether anyone can be "the guy." Everyone has bad games, but how do you pull yourself out of them and be better next time?

leeblair

Reaction score
Enough people have noticed that there is something missing in Dak, and they can't be all wrong.
He's an outstanding athlete, and serviceable at quarterback in this system.
But each time he has had to be the difference in a tough game, he has failed.
It's not all his fault. After the 2016 season Jerry and Jason protected him and didn't make him earn his spot.
As a result, he struggles when things aren't going well.

the_h0wey

Reaction score
This isn't a bash-Dak thread. Nor is it an overly supportive thread.

Just a general inquiry to see if there is anyone still out there who believe Dak isn't such a liability that he can't be our starter and/or shouldn't be re-signed.

Prior to this season, for good reason, a lot of us questioned it; for sure. We all know what I'm talking about - no need to comb through the details.

To me, he's been very steady and consistent this year. We used to think he was the one who's holding the team back, or that he's just a game manager. But now, even in our losses, I don't think we're looking at Dak as the reason for the loss.

What say you? Anybody still not seen enough to be comfortable moving forward with him at $33-35 mil/yr?
Unfortunately yes because the world is full of idiots

risco

Reaction score

Just a general inquiry to see if there is anyone still out there who believe Dak isn't such a liability that he can't be our starter and/or shouldn't be re-signed.

Prior to this season, for good reason, a lot of us questioned it; for sure. We all know what I'm talking about - no need to comb through the details.

To me, he's been very steady and consistent this year. We used to think he was the one who's holding the team back, or that he's just a game manager. But now, even in our losses, I don't think we're looking at Dak as the reason for the loss.

What say you? Anybody still not seen enough to be comfortable moving forward with him at $33-35 mil/yr?
If it's not a Bash Dak thread then what is it? You know the members of this forum is either for or against Dak - probably more towards against. If it's not a Bash Dak thread then it will be before it's over.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If it's not a Bash Dak thread then what is it? You know the members of this forum is either for or against Dak - probably more towards against. If it's not a Bash Dak thread then it will be before it's over.
Thought people could be more objective than they are. And if you read through this, it's really not a "bash Dak" thread at all

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score

I definitely have not seen enough. I don't know how anybody could say they have. We haven't won anything. We haven't beaten winning teams this season. We have a poor record against winning teams under Dak. People will say, there are only a few who have winning records but I would say that if you are going to pay a guy the top salary in the league, he should be among those few. So unquestionably, I am among those who do not believe I have seen enough, and keep in mind, I assume this takes into account that we are signing to a long term deal and not just a few years.

Colombiacowboy

Reaction score
All that QB experience, and you think Wilson is a "system QB" LOL

But not Dak though. Plug him in anywhere and he'd be the best. Gosh, if only the Browns had this mighty Dak with the talent to play in any system.

I don't think I said that Dak wasn't a system QB. I understand you have no faith in the guy, but if you can't see he is better than MOST starting QBs at this moment, then I don't know what else I can say to you.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I don't think I said that Dak wasn't a system QB. I understand you have no faith in the guy, but if you can't see he is better than MOST starting QBs at this moment, then I don't know what else I can say to you.

I see that Dak, even when he's without Smith or Collins, still has a good offensive line. Most QBs don't have this. Many QBs are putting up with coaches worse than Garrett, can you believe that? Garrett isn't god awful coach. Some QBs are working with no good WRs. Some with no good RBs.

Are you factoring in everything or just looking at raw statistics? Your list becomes discredited when I see you calling Wilson a system QB. This is the same crap I heard about Brady for like 8 years. It was always a silly thing to say and it's silly to say about Wilson.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
He's been sacked 10 times in seven games. Find a new slant
Wait so you believe he doesnt take unnecessary sacks??? :laugh::laugh:

didnt he take a sack vs Miami because he wanted to preserve his rating? :laugh::laugh:

and i dont want to hear about other QBs. Dak is notorious for it

@DakPresgoat u actually “liked” that post? :laugh: Be better

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Enough people have noticed that there is something missing in Dak, and they can't be all wrong.
He's an outstanding athlete, and serviceable at quarterback in this system.
But each time he has had to be the difference in a tough game, he has failed.
It's not all his fault. After the 2016 season Jerry and Jason protected him and didn't make him earn his spot.
As a result, he struggles when things aren't going well.

This is a good side bar discussion, probably deserves it's own thread to be honest, but I've kinda wondered about this as well. Of course, if you are not completely in on every single aspect of the Pro Dak discussion, you are labeled as a Hater or whatever new term is being used today but, I've wondered if the situation that Dak has faced at every level has been a bit of a disservice to him, a hindrance, if you will. He has been the starter at every level without competition, as has been reported in the past. While it's been a fortunate situation for Dak, I do wonder if it's created a negative effect in his development?

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
I think Dak has looked good most of the season. The losses we had can't be pinned on him, particularly not GB or NYJ. And to be honest, there are not many starting QBs out there right now that I would take over him. In fact, there are only four that I definitely would take over Dak.

Kyler Murray--NO
Matt Schaub--NO
Lamar Jackson--NO
Josh Allen--NO
Kyle Allen--NO
Mitch Trubisky--NO
Andy Dalton--HELL NO
Baker Mayfield--NO
Joe Flacco--NO
Matthew Stafford--NO
Aaron Rodgers--YES
Deshaun Watson--NO
Jacoby Brissett--NO
Gardner Minshew--NO
Matt Moore--NO
Philip Rivers--NO
Jared Goff--NO
Ryan Fitzpatrick--NO
Kirk Cousins--NO
Tom Brady--YES
Drew Brees--YES

Daniel Jones--NO
Sam Darnold--NO
Derek Carr--NO
Carson Wentz--NO
Mason Rudolph--NO and not Big Ben either
Jimmy Garoppolo--NO
Russell Wilson--MAYBE
Jameis Winston--NO
Ryan Tannehill--NO
Case Keenum--NO
Mahomes (when healthy)- YES

Agreed except I’d take Wilson over Dak.

starcity214

Reaction score
He needs someone to get open and catch the ball. A descent line to give him time and he has been fortunate to have Elliot. I am wondering if they have put more on Dak this year to throw it or maybe because Elliot wasn’t around for TC, was assuming they would use our other RB.

And don’t call me obtuse. Lol

That's the point.

What QB, in College or in the NFL, wouldn't have success with those things?

A WR that constantly gets wide open..

An Oline that can give you 5 seconds in the pocket and a Top 5 RB that can carry the load, catch the ball, and pick up the blitz..

What QB wouldn't have success with that?

That's what makes Dak Average/ non special as any other QB could do the same thing. Imagine having to pay that guy 35 million plus a year lol

In this league, things rarely go according to plan. Injuries happen. They will continue to happen. So if Amari gets injured, we shouldn't even tale the field? If an Oline man is injured, should we forfeit the game? Is that how much Dak sucks?

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Based on undeniable evidence, I can honestly guess Jerry and Stephen are among those who appear to question if Dak is "the man" or not.

Otherwise, they'd have already seen fit to give him his financial desires. Who knows when they'll capitulate to his desires, or vice-versa? ;)

Last edited: