Is anyone still questioning if Dak can be The Guy?

Philmonroe

Reaction score
All that QB experience, and you think Wilson is a "system QB" LOL

But not Dak though. Plug him in anywhere and he'd be the best. Gosh, if only the Browns had this mighty Dak with the talent to play in any system.
You can't listen to QB version of Al Bundy. I played QB through HS lol. Hell in a lot of places all you have to do is show up and you can be on the team but that doesn't mean you are any good at it. If he were any type of decent why didn't he play past HS? Inquiring minds would like to know since he trying to use that as some authority card smh.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
It shouldnt be a question...

He aint it

• 1.58:1 Td to int ratio. Yet another season of not throwing 30 TDs.
  • Going several games without a passing TD. 14 0 TD games (10 since 2017- 2nd highest in the league).
  • 93.5 passer rating since week 2
  • 8td 7int
  • Still has poor pocket presence
  • Still takes unnecessary sacks
  • 19 games in which his offense scored under 20 points (34%)
  • Seemingly cant win a game when his LT is out
He's been sacked 10 times in seven games. Find a new slant

glimmerman

Reaction score
He can do the job. But like most QB he needs some talent around him.

ghst187

Reaction score
Just say you’re a Dak lover on the football field and be done with it. This remedial qb has folks giving out every excuse for why nothing is his fault. Y’all treat him like a good looking girl y’all sucking up to. If he had better ball placement he might have less ints. Also why do you Dak fans always do this super disingenuous thing of saying everybody misses throws, reads, etc like people say you have to make every play? Y’all are trying to eliminate criticism by pushing this junk. Show a poster that has said no qb makes mistakes at all. You can’t find it because it don’t exist.

I’m neither a Dak lover or hater just observant. I didn’t say that anyone said that but the constant criticism is largely just not realistic. He has his flaws but take a look around....all the QBs do. Outside of the top 5-7 QBs currently starting in the NFL who do you want over Dak? Have you seen Mayfield lately? You want Ryan or Stafford? IMO those guys are chokers.
Rivers? Same. And those guys can’t move the sticks with their legs like Dak can.
You want a Brady or Brees or Rodgers...join the other 28 or so teams. They would too.
I think I’ve been pretty consistent that Dak isn’t without his flaws but he has continually improved and he’s better than most of the other starters right now in the league. And the second part to that is....even pretty good is hard to find at QB.
I also just don’t see how Dak is inside the top 25 reasons this team isn’t better than it is....

Philmonroe

Reaction score
I’m neither a Dak lover or hater just observant. I didn’t say that anyone said that but the constant criticism is largely just not realistic. He has his flaws but take a look around....all the QBs do. Outside of the top 5-7 QBs currently starting in the NFL who do you want over Dak? Have you seen Mayfield lately? You want Ryan or Stafford? IMO those guys are chokers.
Rivers? Same. And those guys can’t move the sticks with their legs like Dak can.
You want a Brady or Brees or Rodgers...join the other 28 or so teams. They would too.
I think I’ve been pretty consistent that Dak isn’t without his flaws but he has continually improved and he’s better than most of the other starters right now in the league. And the second part to that is....even pretty good is hard to find at QB.
I also just don’t see how Dak is inside the top 25 reasons this team isn’t better than it is....
The constant criticism is usually just a counter to the constant praise so where is your post speaking on that? I want the Boys to do like KC and move up and draft a qb if it’s feasible. All them QBs we can’t get so I don’t really speak on them but them on Dallas team I think would be better with their qb skill set over Dak. Dak as a qb is average at best. Dak also rarely runs for first downs so I’m not giving him that.

I don’t care about no dang 25 reasons I just know average inaccurate QBs aren’t nothing more than average and would rather draft a replacement. He’s most likely staying so I hope he improved but he’s getting close to the he is what he is point in his career.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He looks exactly the same. He’s averaging more yards because of the situations he’s in. The game was over at 31-3, but Dak slobberers love those garbage time yards.
I’ll say it again so Dak slobberers can hear me: take out the Giants game and the wide open pee wee league TD passes they gave up, and he’s 20th in the league in passer rating. So let’s see where he’s at when every other QB has had their Giants game.

Dak slovberrers … lol - you seem to have an irrational tendency toward childish anger over nonsensical issues you create in your mind.

In any case, we will have to agree to disagree. But you still aren't making sense. Which of those 463 yards against Green Bay was "garbage time"? Not a single one, right?

And you are ignoring several key points.

1. We have gone run heavy in the 2nd half when we have had a big lead.
2. Even if you take away the 1st 3 comfortable wins and only county the last 4 games, Dak is averaging 301 yards per game.
3. Every other NFL QB gets credit for his "garbage time" yards, yet you want to treat Dak differently.

IheartRomo

Reaction score
I'm convinced people don't watch games just see stats and listen to what people on tv who have their similar pov say. Outside of the first 3 games he hasn't been that good. He's had some good throws like the one to Amari in the Eagles game but overall he's been his old average self. Not good not bad.

"Outside of half of the data population that I've selectively removed...". I do hope the irony isn't lost on you here.

IheartRomo

Reaction score
Forget the first three games, if you remove just the Giants game he drops all the way down to 20th in passer rating and 12th in adjusted yards per attempt. He's living off one game where the Giants left everyone so open, my grandmother would have had 5 TD passes. He's the same guy.

Now what if you also removed each quarterback's best game of the season? Or in this study are we only allowed to remove Dak's best game? Maybe we remove the other QBs' worst games for more favorable results?

mattjames2010

Reaction score
"Outside of half of the data population that I've selectively removed...". I do hope the irony isn't lost on you here.

This is silly. The context of those first 3 games actually matters.

Dak was facing bad teams, bad defenses, and teams we now see in utter chaos (Giants have improved with their Daniel Jones start)

Your argument is piss poor - Dak has consistently got worse this season with only his Philly game being an improvement. His stretch from the Saints to the Jets were bad. That's a pretty good chunk of a season, dude - and we took Ls in all three games, one against a winless team and it was in part due to Dak.

Please, you folks have got to stop with this. It's just embarrassing now.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Now what if you also removed each quarterback's best game of the season? Or in this study are we only allowed to remove Dak's best game? Maybe we remove the other QBs' worst games for more favorable results?

If a QB has only got Ws against losing teams and teams in disarray, then yes, I'd criticize those QBs just as I do Prescott.

Again, this is getting embarrassing.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score

Dak was facing bad teams, bad defenses, and teams we now see in utter chaos (Giants have improved with their Daniel Jones start)

Your argument is piss poor - Dak has consistently got worse this season with only his Philly game being an improvement. His stretch from the Saints to the Jets were bad. That's a pretty good chunk of a season, dude - and we took Ls in all three games, one against a winless team and it was in part due to Dak.

You've been an embarrassment since you got here. That's why you're so universally loved. It has nothing to do with your cherry picking, vague and unsupported arguments, condescension or bitterness. This take is as dumb as all the rest of yours. Enjoy your weekend because you'll be back under your bridge next week.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
You've been an embarrassment since you got here. That's why you're so universally loved. It has nothing to do with your cherry picking, vague and unsupported arguments, condescension or bitterness. This take is as dumb as all the rest of yours. Enjoy your weekend because you'll be back under your bridge next week.

This isn't a counter, and I'm not interested in your opinion of me.

Either make a valid counter-argument or go back to not posting. "This is wrong" and "no u" responses reflects poorly on you. Who is up next?

IheartRomo

Reaction score

The context is absolutely relevant. However, I see no attempt to similarly adjust the other QBs in the league's stats similarly. The argument is typically "remove Dak's best games and then compare to all other QB's total body of work". That is an exceptionally poor and intentionally misleading method for comparison purposes.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Yeah I hope the irony isn’t lost on you faux smart guys that I didn’t say jack expletive about removing any stats. Why can’t yall learn how to read instead of being in your feelings and misrepresenting what I posting?

IheartRomo

Reaction score
If a QB has only got Ws against losing teams and teams in disarray, then yes, I'd criticize those QBs just as I do Prescott.

Again, this is getting embarrassing.

There is nothing wrong with criticizing Dak. But the basis of the criticism has to be sound or else it is simply hypocritical. Removing Dak's best games because they were against poor competition means you must similarly do the same for the other QBs you're comparing him to. And, yes, of course all QBs play worse against good competition than they do against bad. I'd venture a guess that there may be no exception to this over a large sample size.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
There is nothing wrong with criticizing Dak. But the basis of the criticism has to be sound or else it is simply hypocritical. Removing Dak's best games because they were against poor competition means you must similarly do the same for the other QBs you're comparing him to. And, yes, of course all QBs play worse against good competition than they do against bad. I'd venture a guess that there may be no exception to this over a large sample size.

I just pointed out to you that Dak playing poorly when he's not facing trash fire teams is a pretty valid point to make. Stop ignoring this. You, supposedly, read my comment. Why are you pretending you didn't?

And great QBs don't play poorly against every good team they face. That's what Dak has done this season. My god.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
He can do the job. But like most QB he needs some talent around him.
The disingenuous talent again. Why do y’all keep pushing this agenda? Everybody needs talent it’s the type of talent Dak needs to be successful that people are talking about. I don’t get why
some have to go obtuse when it’s been said many times the type of “talent” Dak needs to be successful.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
The context is absolutely relevant. However, I see no attempt to similarly adjust the other QBs in the league's stats similarly. The argument is typically "remove Dak's best games and then compare to all other QB's total body of work". That is an exceptionally poor and intentionally misleading method for comparison purposes.

I have defended multiple QBs on this forum when people try to downplay their success - you know, when people have tried it with both Brady and Wilson.

glimmerman

Reaction score
The disingenuous talent again. Why do y’all keep pushing this agenda? Everybody needs talent it’s the type of talent Dak needs to be successful that people are talking about. I don’t get why
some have to go obtuse when it’s been said many times the type of “talent” Dak needs to be successful.

He needs someone to get open and catch the ball. A descent line to give him time and he has been fortunate to have Elliot. I am wondering if they have put more on Dak this year to throw it or maybe because Elliot wasn’t around for TC, was assuming they would use our other RB.

And don’t call me obtuse. Lol