Is anyone still questioning if Dak can be The Guy?

Swagger

Reaction score
Nah he’s average. There is a big drop between elite and bad not elite and average. Average is middle of the pack which I think Dak is even if I lean more towards the lower end of average.

I believe Dak is giving 100% hence the reason I’m like I rather a better qb. I’m not for Garrett but they both can leave on the same train as far as I’m concerned. If you disagree that’s ok too.
Agree

Swagger

Reaction score
No I don’t have specific names. I’m just saying when a chance presents itself to do like KC did and draft a blue chip rookie that may or may not be a franchise qb you take it. I don’t think Dak is that good of a qb where you shouldn’t take that chance. Most people that aren’t Dakaholics say similar things about not wanting to try to improve because we might draft a bust. That’s true but we could also draft a stud too. I’m just not a believer of staying average just because you might fail. It feels like some are scarred of failure and rather stay average because of it when they know there is something better possible. I disagree on that notion.

I’d be more for drafting a qb. I don’t think I answered that.
Agree

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't think he was the one with the problem against the better teams. Yeah, he made a couple of mistakes, but the receivers were dropping balls left and right, and the running game didn't seem to be there to help loosen up the defenses....and let's not forget penalties counteracting so many of the good plays.
That's about the size of it.

starfan1

Reaction score
the title of this thread is like throwing chum in the pacific and going for a swim. Your going
This isn't a bash-Dak thread. Nor is it an overly supportive thread.

Just a general inquiry to see if there is anyone still out there who believe Dak isn't such a liability that he can't be our starter and/or shouldn't be re-signed.

Prior to this season, for good reason, a lot of us questioned it; for sure. We all know what I'm talking about - no need to comb through the details.

To me, he's been very steady and consistent this year. We used to think he was the one who's holding the team back, or that he's just a game manager. But now, even in our losses, I don't think we're looking at Dak as the reason for the loss.

What say you? Anybody still not seen enough to be comfortable moving forward with him at $33-35 mil/yr?

He is without a doubt capable of going deep in the playoffs and as far as concerns go on this team is down the list. Well down the list. He isnt brady or rodgers or Mahomes but he isnt Eli either

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Minshew? C'mon, the dude is a great story but he's a bum. He's another one of those QBs that have to wait for a busted play, break out left or right and find a WR open as a result. Otherwise don't expect much from him.

What are you basing this on? He's doing what Dak did in 2016 with a less talented team.

You're talking out of your butt here.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
#1 in QBR

#8 in passer rating

1st place in NFC East

But have the village idiots tell it and he’s been a total bum who’s no better than Cooper Rush.

After we got out of our cupake schedule, Dak's stats have yet again gone back to middling.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I don't think he was the one with the problem against the better teams. Yeah, he made a couple of mistakes, but the receivers were dropping balls left and right, and the running game didn't seem to be there to help loosen up the defenses....and let's not forget penalties counteracting so many of the good plays.

The also doesn't do them many favors either. balls behind guys (still catchable), balls way to high (still catchable) etc., His ball placement skills are still lacking. He still benefits from wide open receivers, a respected run game, good TE and one of the best OL.

Reaction score
Pointless to argue.

He can win 8 Super Bowls and it won't matter. Those like him him will like him and those who don't, won't. Ever.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The also doesn't do them many favors either. balls behind guys (still catchable), balls way to high (still catchable) etc., His ball placement skills are still lacking. He still benefits from wide open receivers, a respected run game, good TE and one of the best OL.
He's certainly not perfect, but very few QBs are...and he's definitely getting better.

cowboygo

Reaction score
The easiest way to put it is that if Aaron A-ROD Rodgers or Russell Wilson was the quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys then we would be sitting 6-1 maybe even 7-0 with the Division already wrapped up concentrating on trying to get home field advantage in the post season. That's what paying a quarterback $33 million should get you. Not Dak 4-3 Prescott. I.e. where we will still probably be pipped by the Eagles to win the division and effectively miss out on the play offs.

That's why Prescott is worth around $25 million max. Bus driver who needs more talent around him to get the W.

How has Rodgers got on without Adams and how did Prescott fare without Cooper...?

Simple. For those who do not understand this very simple and basic point then they never will.
Well your top paid QB in Wilson lost to Dak in the playoffs last year. And aaron rodgers went 6-9-1.. wait its like the team around you matters! Its not that SIMPLE.

perrykemp

Reaction score
If 33-35m a year is what it costs for a bus driver in this league, then so be it. Dude was a 4th rounder for a reason, I'm no longer expecting a 1st rounder upside or ceiling. It's when the people here try to compare him to real elite Qb's like Rodgers, Brady and Wilson, using obscure stats that don't translate into wins that sends the forum into a frenzy. Respect him for what he is and what he brings to the table, temper your expectations and stop making him out to be more than he is and you won't be as upset when he throws those passes behind his receivers or the ones where they have to be 7 feet tall to catch.

Great take.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Minshew? C'mon, the dude is a great story but he's a bum. He's another one of those QBs that have to wait for a busted play, break out left or right and find a WR open as a result. Otherwise don't expect much from him.
He’s a bum that’s outperforming Dak... how many All-Pros is he surrounded by?

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
My stance on him hasn't really changed. He has played better this year though so that is encouraging. Dak can be the man as long as he has great talent around him. He isn't going to make a WR 2 look like a WR 1. He isn't going to make an average OL look like a great OL. But as long as we can put top tier players around him and have a solid to great D, we will win games. This issue is going to be once we are up against the cap and we don't have 4 out of 5 best at their positions on the OL, we don't have a coop and gallup out wide. He is not good enough to elevate the players around him, not that I have seen to this point in his career.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
It's always convenient to remove good games for Dak but not throw away good games of other QB's. Great way to support your narrative.
I removed one of 7 games. He’s living off of one game. But keep it in there, at the end of the season it will be 1/16th of his numbers. Where do you think he will be then? Where will you be for that matter? What rock will Dak slobberers be hiding under, extolling the virtues of QBR?