Is anyone still questioning if Dak can be The Guy?

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Aah no. Dak threw a lot of passes from the pocket in 2016. In fact, I saw Romo do more sneaking out than dak did, and I'm a big Romo fan. Minshew is garbage. He's a backup QB at best.

HE THREW FROM THE POCKET BECAUSE HE HAD THE BEST O-LINE IN THE LEAGUE. You know, like Brissett is doing....

Show me a stat that Minshew doesn't make plays from the pocket.

cowboygo

Reaction score
This is the second post your playing dumb on.

His best games of the season came in a 3 game row against bad defenses.

He has been bad to middling since the New Orleans game going by QBR. A QB getting progressively worse as the season goes on is not a good sign. You're ignoring this for personal bias.

Please, stop acting stupid. Thanks.
Would you even enjoy if Dak wins the ship? Or would you rather it be someone else. Be honest

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Man, I'm saying the team matters the hell are you smoking. And never said Dak was elite like Wilson. The reason Dak beat Wilson was because of the team, again I have to state it to be clear lol. Again, the team matters. I don't believe Dak is the reason we are 4-3. The problems lie elsewhere. I highlighted Rodgers, as good as he is, went 6-9-1.. because the team matters.

I don't think you want to see Wilson in a Linehan offense in 2017 without Smith and Zeke, that'd be some sad ****.

Your point was still randomly put out, and you're still doing it - there is no "Dak beat Wilson" in any context. None. Dak made some plays against the Seahawks D. You're not getting this, the way you are wording it automatically pits two QBs against each other - that's your attempt to one up the other. Your wording is misleading and you know this.

Nobody is suggesting you ONLY need a QB - actually, the person you are responding to is actually downplaying the QB position a bit by pointing out backup QBs winning. He's not even disagreeing with your point.

CPanther95

Reaction score
Your point was still randomly put out, and you're still doing it - there is no "Dak beat Wilson" in any context. None. Dak made some plays against the Seahawks D. You're not getting this, the way you are wording it automatically pits two QBs against each other - that's your attempt to one up the other. Your wording is misleading and you know this.

Nobody is suggesting you ONLY need a QB - actually, the person you are responding to is actually downplaying the QB position a bit by pointing out backup QBs winning. He's not even disagreeing with your point.

Breaking up an internet fight is a party foul.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Would you even enjoy if Dak wins the ship? Or would you rather it be someone else. Be honest

I have no personal bias in this - I supported Dak at the beginning and then I saw his limitations. Unless Dak gets a #1 defense, he's not winning a Super Bowl. It is too hard to build a defense like that in this league, FA tears them apart too fast. Show me a defense that has stayed at the top for more than 3 years. The last defense like that was the Steelers, and they had about a 5-6 year run from 2004 to about 2008.

I have no choice but to want someone else because we aren't winning it all with Dak. I also don't want him to be paid 30+ a year.

cowboygo

Reaction score

Oh well sorry for hurting feelings with wording. Its not that deep. Dak is gonna get a second contract here as much as people hate the idea of it.

romonumberone

Reaction score
I do not question it one iota. I know Dak is NOT the guy. He is the leader of a 4-3 team.... 1-3 outside of the mighty NFC East.

Dallas will probably go 9-7 this year.... 6-0 in the division. 3-7 outside of the division. Keep up the great work!!!!!

Dallas wins- Dak gets all the credit.

Dallas loses- Garrett gets all the blame.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
This isn't a bash-Dak thread. Nor is it an overly supportive thread.

Just a general inquiry to see if there is anyone still out there who believe Dak isn't such a liability that he can't be our starter and/or shouldn't be re-signed.

Prior to this season, for good reason, a lot of us questioned it; for sure. We all know what I'm talking about - no need to comb through the details.

To me, he's been very steady and consistent this year. We used to think he was the one who's holding the team back, or that he's just a game manager. But now, even in our losses, I don't think we're looking at Dak as the reason for the loss.

What say you? Anybody still not seen enough to be comfortable moving forward with him at $33-35 mil/yr?

He's shown good abilities, but IMO 33 - 35 is too much. I would like to see him signed for about 25. If not, I'd rather draft a QB in the first round and let Dak walk. IMO Dak is a good QB, not elite. He's Mark Rypien type of good, which is NOT a put down. Rypien was a good QB who the Skins won a Super Bowl with. You can win with a Rypien type if you've got a very high quality team around him, a good running game (which the '91 Skins had), excellent pass protection (which they had), superb receivers (which they had), and a great defense (which they had). And of course, a smart coach and good system (which they also had). Neither Dak nor Rypien were elite types a la Joe Montana/John Elway/Roger Staubach. Thus, IMO, we should offer Dak money appropriate for a good, but not elite, QB. If he won't accept that, then use the first-round pick, traded up to the highest spot needed, to draft the best QB available. Is it a guarantee the new guy will be elite? No, but there are no guarantees in the NFL. It worked when the Colts drafted Peyton Manning. It failed when the Chargers drafted Ryan Leaf.

Nav22

Reaction score
https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/2577417/dak-prescott

More emojis without an actual argument. You're not good at debating...at all. You refuse to improve.

How has he looked since the New Orleans game GOING BY QBR. Going by QBR, he was absolutely terrible against GB and around below average against Philly. Suddenly, you will disagree with this....
So his 60.1 QBR vs Philly was “below average”...

Even though that same QBR would rank 9th in the NFL this season?

Keep embarrassing yourself, clown.
:thumbup:

Reactions: CWR

Flamma

Reaction score
HE THREW FROM THE POCKET BECAUSE HE HAD THE BEST O-LINE IN THE LEAGUE. You know, like Brissett is doing....

Show me a stat that Minshew doesn't make plays from the pocket.

I don't have to show you a stat. The biggest stat will be his lack of paycheck. Every QB is not created equal. Give Ryan Fitzpatrick a good OL and WRs to throw to and he's magic. Short of that he is reckless and tragic.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He's literally been the same guy as he as ever been this year. He's living off of all of the stat padding that happened against a clueless Giants defense. When the season and it all averages out he's going to be in the same spot as always.
He put up 473 yards against the Packers, so too suggest his stats are only tied to the Giants game is false. Even aside from those 2 games he is averaging 251 yards per game, and overall is averaging 303 yards per game. He clearly has a different look this year, largely because the offense is being used more aggressively, and he is being more decisive. The decisions aren't necessarily the right ones every time, but the looks is clearly different than last year.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Playing at a top 5 level, with a WR and RB also playing at a top 5 level and the O line is starting to play better. With other promising potential.

Yet some fans seem pissed about it. Must be a super fun life.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Playing at a top 5 level, with a WR and RB also playing at a top 5 level and the O line is starting to play better. With other promising potential.

Yet some fans seem pissed about it. Must be a super fun life.
Being a disingenuous poster like yourself must be a super fun life

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He's shown good abilities, but IMO 33 - 35 is too much. I would like to see him signed for about 25. If not, I'd rather draft a QB in the first round and let Dak walk. IMO Dak is a good QB, not elite. He's Mark Rypien type of good, which is NOT a put down. Rypien was a good QB who the Skins won a Super Bowl with. You can win with a Rypien type if you've got a very high quality team around him, a good running game (which the '91 Skins had), excellent pass protection (which they had), superb receivers (which they had), and a great defense (which they had). And of course, a smart coach and good system (which they also had). Neither Dak nor Rypien were elite types a la Joe Montana/John Elway/Roger Staubach. Thus, IMO, we should offer Dak money appropriate for a good, but not elite, QB. If he won't accept that, then use the first-round pick, traded up to the highest spot needed, to draft the best QB available. Is it a guarantee the new guy will be elite? No, but there are no guarantees in the NFL. It worked when the Colts drafted Peyton Manning. It failed when the Chargers drafted Ryan Leaf.
Love your take on it. Definitely agree