Is anyone still questioning if Dak can be The Guy?

Reaction score
I removed one of 7 games. He’s living off of one game. But keep it in there, at the end of the season it will be 1/16th of his numbers. Where do you think he will be then? Where will you be for that matter? What rock will Dak slobberers be hiding under, extolling the virtues of QBR?
The reason you don't like QBR is because it doesn't support your narrative.

If Dak were 27th in QBR, you'd be extolling it's virtues endlessly.

Where do I think Dak is? Somewhere around 8th-12th best in the league. Doubtful he will ever reach top 5. My opinion only. Which of course, you will trash. But so be it.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
So what is it, wins are or aren't a QB stat? Having good stats doesn't count? Because if its the eye-test, then you know our 4-3 record is not because of the QB.

Ws are a team stat. Your suggestion that "Prescott beat Wilson" is just a stupid argument. Prescott made some throws against the Seahawks defense and helped get a W.

Eli Manning got two wins over the Patriots on the biggest stage - who is the better QB, Eli Manning or Tom Brady?

Colombiacowboy

Reaction score
I think Dak has looked good most of the season. The losses we had can't be pinned on him, particularly not GB or NYJ. And to be honest, there are not many starting QBs out there right now that I would take over him. In fact, there are only four that I definitely would take over Dak.

Kyler Murray--NO
Matt Schaub--NO
Lamar Jackson--NO
Josh Allen--NO
Kyle Allen--NO
Mitch Trubisky--NO
Andy Dalton--HELL NO
Baker Mayfield--NO
Joe Flacco--NO
Matthew Stafford--NO
Aaron Rodgers--YES
Deshaun Watson--NO
Jacoby Brissett--NO
Gardner Minshew--NO
Matt Moore--NO
Philip Rivers--NO
Jared Goff--NO
Ryan Fitzpatrick--NO
Kirk Cousins--NO
Tom Brady--YES
Drew Brees--YES

Daniel Jones--NO
Sam Darnold--NO
Derek Carr--NO
Carson Wentz--NO
Mason Rudolph--NO and not Big Ben either
Jimmy Garoppolo--NO
Russell Wilson--MAYBE
Jameis Winston--NO
Ryan Tannehill--NO
Case Keenum--NO
Mahomes (when healthy)- YES

cowboygo

Reaction score

Where do I think Dak is? Somewhere around 8th-12th best in the league. Doubtful he will ever reach top 5. My opinion only. Which of course, you will trash. But so be it.
Yup. and in a few years with retirements, he will be a consensus top 10 QB. I'd rather categorize him in tiers, since lists are fluid, he has set himself to be in the tier as a franchise QB, which warrants a second contract and being "The Guy".

Under the elite QBs, right there with his draft peers in Wentz and Goff, who he has outperformed at times.

mattjames2010

Reaction score

Dak's recent QBR since Miami

NO - 78.9
GB - 33.8
NYJ - 71,4
PHI - 60.1

You, and many posters on this board, thought Dak played well against GB and Philly. Yet, your very own metric shows he didn't play well in those games....

But even taking that as a whole, he's been pretty middling since the Dolphins game.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
It shouldnt be a question...

He aint it

• 1.58:1 Td to int ratio. Yet another season of not throwing 30 TDs.
  • Going several games without a passing TD. 14 0 TD games (10 since 2017- 2nd highest in the league).
  • 93.5 passer rating since week 2
  • 8td 7int
  • Still has poor pocket presence
  • Still takes unnecessary sacks
  • 19 games in which his offense scored under 20 points (34%)
  • Seemingly cant win a game when his LT is out

cowboygo

Reaction score
Ws are a team stat. Your suggestion that "Prescott beat Wilson" is just a stupid argument. Prescott made some throws against the Seahawks defense and helped get a W.

Eli Manning got two wins over the Patriots on the biggest stage - who is the better QB, Eli Manning or Tom Brady?
My suggestion was that it isn't that simple to see that if Wilson or Rodgers were our QB, we would be 6-1 or 7-0. Its not as simple as changing the QB, highlighting that Dak beat the seahawks in the postseason, and Rodgers went 6-9-1 last year.. because the team matters. Which thanks, you proved my point.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I think Dak has looked good most of the season. The losses we had can't be pinned on him, particularly not GB or NYJ. And to be honest, there are not many starting QBs out there right now that I would take over him. In fact, there are only four that I definitely would take over Dak.

Kyler Murray--NO
Matt Schaub--NO
Lamar Jackson--NO
Josh Allen--NO
Kyle Allen--NO
Mitch Trubisky--NO
Andy Dalton--HELL NO
Baker Mayfield--NO
Joe Flacco--NO
Matthew Stafford--NO
Aaron Rodgers--YES
Deshaun Watson--NO
Jacoby Brissett--NO
Gardner Minshew--NO
Matt Moore--NO
Philip Rivers--NO
Jared Goff--NO
Ryan Fitzpatrick--NO
Kirk Cousins--NO
Tom Brady--YES
Drew Brees--YES

Daniel Jones--NO
Sam Darnold--NO
Derek Carr--NO
Carson Wentz--NO
Mason Rudolph--NO and not Big Ben either
Jimmy Garoppolo--NO
Russell Wilson--MAYBE
Jameis Winston--NO
Ryan Tannehill--NO
Case Keenum--NO
Mahomes (when healthy)- YES

LOL you wouldn't take Deshaun Watson over Dak Prescott? And MAYBE Russell Wilson? LOL Jesus.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
My suggestion was that it isn't that simple to see that if Wilson or Rodgers were our QB, we would be 6-1 or 7-0. Its not as simple as changing the QB, highlighting that Dak beat the seahawks in the postseason, and Rodgers went 6-9-1 last year.. because the team matters.

No, your post was clear, you specifically made it seem that Dak was competing with Wilson and vice versa. That is simply not the case.

How do you think Wilson would have done behind our line in 2016? Do you think Wilson would played as poorly as Dak did in 2017 when he lost Smith and Zeke for a couple games? Wilson was playing behind future uber drivers for three years. Some aren't even in the league anymore. Do you think Wilson would have played as poorly as Dak last year without having a #1 WR? He has never had a true #1 WR in his career.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Didn't you read! If you take away all his good throws, his touchdowns, and completions, he doesn't have the #1 QBR!

This is the second post your playing dumb on.

His best games of the season came in a 3 game row against bad defenses.

He has been bad to middling since the New Orleans game going by QBR. A QB getting progressively worse as the season goes on is not a good sign. You're ignoring this for personal bias.

Please, stop acting stupid. Thanks.

Colombiacowboy

Reaction score
LOL you wouldn't take Deshaun Watson over Dak Prescott? And MAYBE Russell Wilson? LOL Jesus.

I am glad you find that funny. Watson is inconsistent...more inconsistent than Dak. Wilson is good, and I like him, but my opinion is he is a system guy--kind of like Steve Young.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
You must be “special.”

#1 in QBR is “middling”?
:thumbup:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/2577417/dak-prescott

More emojis without an actual argument. You're not good at debating...at all. You refuse to improve.

How has he looked since the New Orleans game GOING BY QBR. Going by QBR, he was absolutely terrible against GB and around below average against Philly. Suddenly, you will disagree with this....

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Pointless to argue.

He can win 8 Super Bowls and it won't matter. Those like him him will like him and those who don't, won't. Ever.
This statement is junk. Let him win one SB where he’s a big reason and not just on the team and then get back to us with this lazy take.

Flamma

Reaction score
What are you basing this on? He's doing what Dak did in 2016 with a less talented team.

You're talking out of your butt here.

Aah no. Dak threw a lot of passes from the pocket in 2016. In fact, I saw Romo do more sneaking out than dak did, and I'm a big Romo fan. Minshew is garbage. He's a backup QB at best.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I am glad you find that funny. Watson is inconsistent...more inconsistent than Dak. Wilson is good, and I like him, but my opinion is he is a system guy--kind of like Steve Young.

LOL Watson has a higher rating than Dak right now. So, obviously no, Dak is more inconsistent, especially since he had a perfect rating in his first week and has dropped so far.

And Wilson a "system guy" - Yes, a system where he plays behind a piss poor offensive line. You're out of your freakin' mind dude. Wilson will be an MVP this year, Dak will never get that title. Never.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score

I like QBR just fine and I like the idea behind coming up with a stat that’s better than the aging QB Rating. Until ESPN reveals more about how it works I’m not going to run around pretending that it’s the official final word stat of the NFL. Dak slobberers love QBR this year, last year not so much.

cowboygo

Reaction score
No, your post was clear, you specifically made it seem that Dak was competing with Wilson and vice versa. That is simply not the case.

How do you think Wilson would have done behind our line in 2016? Do you think Wilson would played as poorly as Dak did in 2017 when he lost Smith and Zeke for a couple games? Wilson was playing behind future uber drivers for three years. Some aren't even in the league anymore. Do you think Wilson would have played as poorly as Dak last year without having a #1 WR? He has never had a true #1 WR in his career.
Man, I'm saying the team matters the hell are you smoking. And never said Dak was elite like Wilson. The reason Dak beat Wilson was because of the team, again I have to state it to be clear lol. Again, the team matters. I don't believe Dak is the reason we are 4-3. The problems lie elsewhere. I highlighted Rodgers, as good as he is, went 6-9-1.. because the team matters.

I don't think you want to see Wilson in a Linehan offense in 2017 without Smith and Zeke, that'd be some sad ****.

Flamma

Reaction score
He’s a bum that’s outperforming Dak... how many All-Pros is he surrounded by?

Ok. Minshew is not getting a 30 million dollar a year contract. He's not getting a 20 mil one either. So go with that.