Is anyone still questioning if Dak can be The Guy?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
This isn't a bash-Dak thread. Nor is it an overly supportive thread.

Just a general inquiry to see if there is anyone still out there who believe Dak isn't such a liability that he can't be our starter and/or shouldn't be re-signed.

Prior to this season, for good reason, a lot of us questioned it; for sure. We all know what I'm talking about - no need to comb through the details.

To me, he's been very steady and consistent this year. We used to think he was the one who's holding the team back, or that he's just a game manager. But now, even in our losses, I don't think we're looking at Dak as the reason for the loss.

What say you? Anybody still not seen enough to be comfortable moving forward with him at $33-35 mil/yr?

Dak has already proven all his doubters dead wrong. Conversation is over.

Xeven

Reaction score
He should go replace Brady so not to waste his career under Garret.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Okay, nvm. This was a stupid thread to make.

I take it back!

There are definitely those who will hate no matter what reality says.

Exactly. You have the clowns that cant handle being wrong so they just say dumb things for attention. LOL

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Dak is good and can be very good at times but he is not elite imho because he doesn't have elite arm talent. After our 1st 3 games i had him moving up from 16 to about 12 as he was scoring TD's at a much better rate but he still struggles against good defenses here. Our passing game is very QB friendly, with good players at all positions and a RB that must be respected even during a bad game.

LOL...…...and somehow you say that like its an insult.

From guys like you Dak has gone from:

-he sucks
-hes backup material
-hes average
-he cant throw the football
-He is very good, but not elite

Just admit you were wrong and move on.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I don't have to show you a stat. The biggest stat will be his lack of paycheck. Every QB is not created equal. Give Ryan Fitzpatrick a good OL and WRs to throw to and he's magic. Short of that he is reckless and tragic.

LOL but Minshew is playing well with a pretty average O-Line. You're actually helping him here.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Point is if Romo was on this team then we would be 6-1. He wins against the Jets and Saints make no mistake about that. Ok he doesn't beat that bad man Rodgers but at 6-1 we would now be concentrating on securing home field advantage in the play offs.

As it is it's a toss of a coin if we or the Eagles win the division and have zero chance of home field advantage in the post season.
Sorry man, I disagree. If Romo is the starting QB on this team he would probably be on IR at this point.

Romo was a good QB in his day. Good but not great. IMO, Romo is overvalued by many Cowboys fans because he was probably the best player we had during a very mediocre era. He won 2 WC playoff games in his 10 years as a starter. Meh.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
He put up 473 yards against the Packers, so too suggest his stats are only tied to the Giants game is false. Even aside from those 2 games he is averaging 251 yards per game, and overall is averaging 303 yards per game. He clearly has a different look this year, largely because the offense is being used more aggressively, and he is being more decisive. The decisions aren't necessarily the right ones every time, but the looks is clearly different than last year.
He looks exactly the same. He’s averaging more yards because of the situations he’s in. The game was over at 31-3, but Dak slobberers love those garbage time yards.
I’ll say it again so Dak slobberers can hear me: take out the Giants game and the wide open pee wee league TD passes they gave up, and he’s 20th in the league in passer rating. So let’s see where he’s at when every other QB has had their Giants game.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
He looks exactly the same. He’s averaging more yards because of the situations he’s in. The game was over at 31-3, but Dak slobberers love those garbage time yards.
I’ll say it again so Dak slobberers can hear me: take out the Giants game and the wide open pee wee league TD passes they gave up, and he’s 20th in the league in passer rating. So let’s see where he’s at when every other QB has had their Giants game.

BUT BUT BUT MUH QBR

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Agree with you there. He does get flustered when pressure comes.

But a lot of QBs do, ya know? Guys like Goff and Brees look very pedestrian when pressure is there
Don't forget brady. That's how the giants beat him in 2 sbs

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Don't forget brady. That's how the giants beat him in 2 sbs

Brady only gets flustered when he is getting pressure up the middle - people act like Brady gets spooked when he is getting pressure from the outside, that is not true.

Dak's problem is when he faces pressure early, he starts to see ghosts even when the pressure isn't there.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Some real defenses coming up and the Glory of "DINK and DUNK Dak and Field Goals galore will once again be the name of the game!
Jerry get a real QB..... lopsided offense do not win Superbowls!!!!

visionary

Reaction score
To be above average with great talent around him and contend for playoffs? Yes

To be an elite team and contend for the SB? No