Is Ceedee Lamb overrated?

The Natural

Reaction score
Pretty much everything that posted here is my business, and everyone else's.
No it isnt. And if you were so concerned with logic you would have called out the lack of logic behind the post saying no GMs were interested in Dez when he turned down an offer with the Ravens.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Nope. No way Dez could contort and twist his body to make a complete and sudden 90 degree change of direction the way CeeDee did last year. No way.

This play says you're wrong. Dez was running toward the left end zone.. jumped and then reached back against his body over the pile of bodies around his feet WHILE being interfered with to make this catch. You can go watch the whole play on Youtube if you like..

Dez never really had any difficulty defeating gravity.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
This play says you're wrong. Dez was running toward the left end zone.. jumped and then reached back against his body over the pile of bodies around his feet WHILE being interfered with to make this catch. You can go watch the whole play on Youtube if you like..

I think that's the play that looked like he came down awkward and I thought he snapped his knees

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Easy there Cowboy. :laugh: I like CeeDee enough to have bought his jersey, and I'd rather have him than Dez, but that doesn't mean Dez didn't have skills galore.
I'm not saying Dez didn't have skills galore. I'm simply saying there is no way Dez could contort and twist his body and ankles to make a sudden 90 degree change of direction in a split second the way CeeDee did. No way. Dez's body was too big and too thick to do what CeeDee's body can do. That's all. You guys are taking it as a diss on Dez when that is not the intent at all. Just stating a physical and anatomical fact.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

That is nothing compared to the 90 degree split second whole body change of direction that CeeDee made last year at the Vikings. Not even close. Dez's body was too big, thick and heavy to be able to do what CeeDee did.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
LOL! Only reason I even clicked into this thread was to see that the thread went exactly how I thought it would. :laugh:

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
I feel like he just isn't as good as Dez, and Dez isn't a HOFer. I know we didn't have a lot of better options at 17 except Diggs himself and we got Diggs anyway in the second round. But I think it could have been an overdraft considering Noah Brown and Cedrick Wilson have performed just as well in this offense when given their opportunities on a per snap basis. Lamb drops passes, doesn't make tough contested and spectacular catches. He only catches when he's open. He's not Dez even though the Cowboys painfully obviously try to scheme him to get as many chances as he can.

Opinions??
Dez was never on a Cowboy roster full of viable wide receivers. He was always the #1 target by far. Its apples and oranges in that regard. CD is averaging 83 yards a game, thats a pace for 1,400.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I'm not saying Dez didn't have skills galore. I'm simply saying there is no way Dez could contort and twist his body and ankles to make a sudden 90 degree change of direction in a split second the way CeeDee did. No way. Dez's body was too big and too thick to do what CeeDee's body can do. That's all. You guys are taking it as a diss on Dez when that is not the intent at all. Just stating a physical and anatomical fact.
Oh yeah, I'm sure CeeDee is much more flexible than Dez ever was, absolutely!

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
Awe............do you you miss Dez the dope? Overpaid and over rated.

One of my favorite days as a Cowboys fan was when Jerry kicked that pant sagging loser to the curb.

And the best was Dak refusing to throw him the ball covered. :lmao2:
uh oh saggy pants is code, is it code? :)

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I feel like he just isn't as good as Dez, and Dez isn't a HOFer. I know we didn't have a lot of better options at 17 except Diggs himself and we got Diggs anyway in the second round. But I think it could have been an overdraft considering Noah Brown and Cedrick Wilson have performed just as well in this offense when given their opportunities on a per snap basis. Lamb drops passes, doesn't make tough contested and spectacular catches. He only catches when he's open. He's not Dez even though the Cowboys painfully obviously try to scheme him to get as many chances as he can.

Opinions??
No