Is Dak gonna be signed this week?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They will wait to see how Trey Lance looks in TC and PS games. Dak may cave and sign a lower deal in fear of being replaced. :muttley::popcorn:

Or Dak will have some leverage if Trey does not look as good. However, if Trey does look great, then any offer may be off the table. :popcorn:

shabazz

Reaction score
https://cowboyszone.com/threads/poll-will-they-extend-dak-by-march-13th.522566/

What did you vote?

Don't worry, once this week comes and goes without a deal you Dakky Poo Doomsday Prophets will pick a new "for sure confident" date.

Stay wrong. Stay losing.
I've got to admit that I was wrong on that as well. It wasn't because he deserved to be signed but it would fall in line with Jerry's OLD way of doing business as usual.

After I realized that Jerry is changing his MO and not rewarding failure, my opinion has changed.

He's rebuilding.

shabazz

Reaction score
They will wait to see how Trey Lance looks in TC and PS games. Dak may cave and sign a lower deal in fear of being replaced. :muttley::popcorn:

Or Dak will have some leverage if Trey does not look as good. However, if Trey does look great, then any offer may be off the table. :popcorn:
I just don't see Dak caving because he doesn't have to and I doubt his agent would let him without a fight.

Dak and his agent have been extremely shrewd and have made the Jones look like amateur hour in the business of contracts

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I just don't see Dak caving because he doesn't have to and I doubt his agent would let him without a fight.

Dak and his agent have been extremely shrewd and have made the Jones look like amateur hour in the business of contracts
Yes I know. just trying to lighten things up a bit and have some fun with it.

shabazz

Reaction score
Yes I know. just trying to lighten things up a bit and have some fun with it.

This place can always use a little levity

The thing is that every Cowboys fan should want to see Lance play at a high level no matter how they feel about Rayne Dakota. Cooper has been a decent backup but he's not the long term answer.

Cant wait to find out if Jerry struck gold getting this kid

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
Why would Love be the highest paid QB? Because we laid down for him in the playoffs? That had 99% more to do with the Cowboys than any other factor.

Wangchung83

Reaction score
That’s exactly what a lot of the fans want. They want Lance to be the starter just for the hell of it and see how it goes. :rolleyes:
Incorrect a lot of us would like to either see what lance can do and if shows no improvement with game time then go to free agency or use it to pick a high draft pick. Right now we are wasting other players prime for a guy who sucks in the playoffs and can’t elevate players around him.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Incorrect a lot of us would like to either see what lance can do and if shows no improvement with game time then go to free agency or use it to pick a high draft pick. Right now we are wasting other players prime for a guy who sucks in the playoffs and can’t elevate players around him.
He elevated Tyron and Tyler Smith, Martin and Lamb to an All Pro year and Jake Ferguson to the Pro Bowl.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I think Jerry Jones is fine with his accomplishments in life and does not need another Super Bowl trophy to make him feel better about himself. Fans want the Cowboys to win a Super Bowl now. That’s understandable. Let’s not assume Jerry Jones has the same sense of urgency.
Nobody really knows how Jerry feels, you saying "I think Jerry Jones is fine with his accomplishments in life..." is just as big an assumption as somebody saying he is not.

You are just guessing just like I am just guessing..............the only person that really knows if Jerry Jones is satisfied with his life accomplishments is Jerry Jones.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
What I said is correct and what you just said, proves it. You and a lot of other fans want to see what Lance can do for the hell of it. A lot of you want him thrown in the starting lineup regardless if he doesn’t look good in practice or in preseason games. If it doesn’t work out with him, just go to free agency or draft QB with a high pick. That formula is how you end up losing a lot of games year after a year and missing the playoffs. You end up going to free agency every year or two, bringing in a castoff and burning high draft picks on QB’s, desperately trying to find one. No QB is going to elevate the defense we have in the playoffs. No QB is going to help reduce the league leading penalties we get almost every year. The problem with the Cowboys are the Joneses. It all starts with them.

We were already down 7-0 to Green Bay before Dak ever saw the field. I just pointed out to another fan that three Hall of Fame QBs, Dan Marino, Dan Fouts and Warren Moon had losing playoff records. None of them played great in the playoffs because they didn’t have good enough teams around them. They were having to carry their teams. No QB can elevate a team that’s not good enough. No QB can elevate a defense that’s being manhandled and quits. One of our own players admitted the defense quit against Green Bay.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
That is all the Cowboys are doing with Dak.
He wouldn’t be the starting QB after eight years and wouldn’t be making the kind of money he’s making and will make either by us or someone else, if we were seeing what he could do just for the hell of it. QBs you throw in the starting lineup just for the hell of it usually don’t last very long.

mldardy

Reaction score
I hope not. Let that dude walk after this season. Even if he lucks up and wins the Super Bowl he'll want way too much money because his price tag will be ridiculous.

DuncanIso

Reaction score

Yup.

There really is no need to rush anything.

Also, our cap is jacked.

CD will get paid before Dak.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He wouldn’t be the starting QB after eight years and wouldn’t be making the kind of money he’s making and will make either by us or someone else, if we were seeing what he could do just for the hell of it.
He can't win a super bowl. We all know that and it's been proven. He can barely win in the playoffs. At this point all the Cowboys are doing is throwing him out there for the hell of it.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
He can't win a super bowl. We all know that and it's been proven. He can barely win in the playoffs. At this point all the Cowboys are doing is throwing him out there for the hell of it.
The team hasn’t won a Super Bowl in almost 30 years. It’s been that long since our defense was good enough to win a Super Bowl. It took a couple of game changing plays on defense to win our last Super Bowl. Dak still has time to win a Super Bowl but we don’t have a good enough team around him. No QB is going to win a Super Bowl with this team. QB isn’t the problem.