Is Dak now the 2nd Best QB in the NFC

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
LOL.

So ROY, Multiple Pro bowls, multiple division titles, multiple Cowboy and NFL records, and you think these weaknesses still are there?

Wow.
2 Pro Bowls in 6 years. Big Deal. It's a popularity contest and apprently the fans don't even like him enough to vote him in.

ROY was BS and you know it. Zeke won the rushing title by over 300 yards and was 1st team all-pro that year. Dak got it because he was a 4th round surprise, lighting in a bottle type of year.

Divisional titles are a team accomplishment.

Cowboys records? Who cares? Are you proud that he put up better numbers than another loser like Tony Romo?

NFL records? What meaningful NFL records does Dak have? What has anything Dak ever done lead to?

Ken

Reaction score
2 Pro Bowls in 6 years. Big Deal. It's a popularity contest and apprently the fans don't even like him enough to vote him in.

ROY was BS and you know it. Zeke won the rushing title by over 300 yards and was 1st team all-pro that year.

Divisional titles is a team accomplishment.

Cowboys records? Who cares? Are you proud that he put up better numbers than another loser like Tony Romo?

NFL records? What meaningful NFL records does Dak have? What has anything Dak ever done lead to?
The one that comes to mind off the top of my head is consecutive completions without an interception. Broke Tom Brady's record.

BTW....Tom Brady's draft profile:

Poor build
--Skinny
--Lacks great physical stature and strength
--Lacks mobility and ability to avoid the rush
--Lacks a really strong arm
--Can’t drive the ball downfield
--Does not throw a really tight spiral
--System-type player who can get exposed if forced to ad lib
--Gets knocked down easily

Also, Dak broke NFL records for Completion percentage for a rookie, QB Rating for a rookie and TD/Int ratio for a rookie.

BUT DRAFT PROFILE! lol

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
The one that comes to mind off the top of my head is consecutive completions without an interception. Broke Tom Brady's record.

BTW....Tom Brady's draft profile:

Poor build
--Skinny
--Lacks great physical stature and strength
--Lacks mobility and ability to avoid the rush
--Lacks a really strong arm
--Can’t drive the ball downfield
--Does not throw a really tight spiral
--System-type player who can get exposed if forced to ad lib
--Gets knocked down easily

Also, Dak broke NFL records for Completion percentage for a rookie, QB Rating for a rookie and TD/Int ratio for a rookie.

BUT DRAFT PROFILE! lol
When you pull out Tom Brady to defend Dak whatever creditability you might've had goes out the window.

Do you really want to attach your credibility to a bum like Dak? Is he really worth that for you?

You're blinded by that star on the helmet and it's a shame. You don't really believe in Dak Prescott. You just believe that you are required to because he plays for the Cowboys. It doesn't make you any less of a fan to be honest about players.

Ken

Reaction score
When you pull out Tom Brady to defend Dak whatever creditability you might've had goes out the window.

Do you really want to attach your credibility to a bum like Dak? Is he really worth that for you?

You're blinded by that star on the helmet and it's a shame. You don't really believe in Dak Prescott. You just believe that you are required to because he plays for the Cowboys. It doesn't make you any less of a fan to be honest about players.
Sorry...i didn't mean to bring up the FACT that Dak BROKE Tom's record. Sorry.

I just thought I would point out the futility of posting draft profiles 6 years into a career that has had such accolades that you refuse to acknowledge bc reasons.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Sorry...i didn't mean to bring up the FACT that Dak BROKE Tom's record. Sorry.

I just thought I would point out the futility of posting draft profiles 6 years into a career that has had such accolades that you refuse to acknowledge bc reasons.
I'm glad that makes you so proud. Brady told Dak have fun with that meaningless record and kiss his rings.

We're 6 years in and those things are still problems for Dak. Brady already had 3 Super Bowl rings after his first 6 years and he didn't start until his second season!

Brady's report is mostly about physically limitations like not being fast or a physical specimen whereas Dak's report is about his lack of skills as a QB.

Ken

Reaction score
I'm glad that makes you so proud. Brady told Dak have fun with that meaningless record and kiss his rings.

We're 6 years in and those things are still problems for Dak. Brady already had 3 Super Bowl rings after his first 6 years and he didn't start until his second season!

Brady's report is mostly about physically limitations like not being fast or a physical specimen whereas Dak's report is about his lack of skills as a QB.
Super bowls are team accomplishments.

Can't have it both ways Chief.

lol.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Super bowls are team accomplishments.

Can't have it both ways Chief.

lol.
I didn't say it wasn't. I don't want it both way.

I'm just pointing out that Brady's abilities actually lead his team to something while Dak's lack of abilities have lead the Cowboys to squat.

So, I'm sure Brady is fine with people like you bragging out some meaningless record Dak had 6 years ago while Brady was competition for actual championships.

Ya know, I remember when Cowboys fans expected better from their players. I miss those days.

Ken

Reaction score
I didn't say it wasn't. I don't want it both way.

I'm just pointing out that Brady's abilities actually lead his team to something while Dak's lack of abilities have lead the Cowboys to squat.

So, I'm sure Brady is fine with people like you bragging out some meaningless record Dak had 6 years ago while Brady was competition for actual championships.

Ya know, I remember when Cowboys fans expected better from their players. I miss those days.
Again, I can't help that Dak broke one of the GOATS records. I also can't help that Tom accomplished a lot of team accomplishments.

So I am glad you think you are making a point but you are just underscoring mine.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Again, I can't help that Dak broke one of the GOATS records. I also can't help that Tom accomplished a lot of team accomplishments.

So I am glad you think you are making a point but you are just underscoring mine.
Nobody wants you to help it. I just believe taking pride in a stupid rookie record when it lead to NOTHING AT ALL is weak and embarrassing. But then again, I must consider the source.

Last edited:

Ken

Reaction score
Nobody wants you to help it. I just believe taking pride in a stupid rookie record when it lead to NOTHING AT ALL is weak and embarrassing. But then again, I must consider the source.
Again, you keep mixing team accomplishments with individual accomplishments. When talking about a players draft profile, unless it specifically says "will fail in team environment in playoffs", it really isn't relevant to the conversation at hand.

Individual NFL records that happen to break a greatest of all times record, should end the conversation about draft profiles every time.

Not with the special brand of "Cowboys" fans though.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Again, you keep mixing team accomplishments with individual accomplishments. When talking about a players draft profile, unless it specifically says "will fail in team environment in playoffs", it really isn't relevant to the conversation at hand.

Individual NFL records that happen to break a greatest of all times record, should end the conversation about draft profiles every time.

Not with the special brand of "Cowboys" fans though.
I'm sorry, but when you take more pride in a record from 6 years ago over actual team success I can't take you seriously.

Individual accomplishments is what you like and value, and that's fine, to each their own, but you shouldn't get butt hurt by us that care more for team accomplishments like winning, competing, and playoff runs. You can celebrate your individual records all you want, but there's no reason to get so upset over us that care about what those records got us as a team.

Ken

Reaction score
I'm sorry, but when you take more pride in a record from 6 years ago over actual team success I can't take you seriously.

Individual accomplishments is what you like and value, and that's fine, to each their own, but you shouldn't get butt hurt by us that care more for team accomplishments like winning, competing, and playoff runs. You can celebrate your individual records all you want, but there's no reason to get so upset over us that care about what those records got us as a team.
Can you tell me who said this?

"Divisional titles are a team accomplishment."

Hint: It was you, just a few posts ago.

You are so wishy washy it isn't even funny....lol

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Can you tell me who said this?

"Divisional titles are a team accomplishment."

Hint: It was you, just a few posts ago.

You are so wishy washy it isn't even funny....lol
No idea what the purpose of you repeating what I said is.

Divisional titles ARE a team accomplishment. When did I go away from this?

What's wrong you with? Are you okay?

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
well, since you like scouting reports and they are so scientific.

what scouts said about
Tom Brady
"is a smart, tough QB who throws accurately, makes more big plays than you expect and rarely makes a big error despite not having a strong arm...he will eventually be a good starting QB, but will always have trouble making the throws that you need to get power behind."

Peyton Manning
Manning is probably the most prepared QB to enter the NFL draft in several years.. He has had a storybook college career, and has been in a top level program with excellent coaching, and he has maturity and great intangibles to go along with his natural skills.. He should be able to pick up the mental aspects of the game early on the NFL level, and should play very quickly. He has great overall field vision. He is a fierce competitor, and all of his mechanics are very solid. He has good arm strength, but not necessarily a “gun” that you might expect from a QB at the top of the draft.. He has adequate mobility and good overall AA, although he is not a scrambler by nature. He has done an excellent job of getting the most out of his abilities, but he is not quite as natural a player as Leaf. One question that some NFL scouts have is the question “will he get any better?”. At times he gives the appearance of being a self-made player, and sometimes those types of players don’t always go on to great NFL careers. In Manning’s case, he may be a solid and productive NFL QB, but he may not have Hall of Fame type skills, but it certainly won’t be for lack of effort

Ryan Leaf
Leaf appears to be the hot QB in this draft, and he led WSU to a storybook season...He is a physically imposing QB with great size and strength....he is very sturdy and durable in the pocket, and is a surprisingly good athlete for his size...He has a strong arm and shows good touch, and can change up the speed on his passes...He has good feet, but is not really a scrambler. However, he can stand in and take the big hits....He is a very naturally gifted player, but could improve on his throwing mechanics, although it is not a major problem....There are no physical or athletic limitations to hold Leaf back from becoming a great NFL QB.

and then there was Mike Mamula and Tony Mandrich,

yeah, those scouting reports are so scientific and accurate.
You can find 100s of wrong scouting reports. They happen every single year.

This does not mean that Dak's is one of them though.

The issues from his scouting report are still issues for him right now.

Brady, Manning, and Leaf proved their reports to be inaccurate. Do you really honestly believe Dak has proved his to be inaccurate? I mean, even you can admit that it's much on the nose than wrong, right?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
You can find 100s of wrong scouting reports. They happen every single year.

This does not mean that Dak's is one of them though.

The issues from his scouting report are still issues for him right now.

Brady, Manning, and Leaf proved their reports to be inaccurate. Do you really honestly believe Dak has proved his to be inaccurate? I mean, even you can admit that it's much on the nose than wrong, right?
true. I just don't put much into scouting reports as a proof of somebody after 6 years in the NFL. is some of the items still true? yes. but if we go based on that logic, then no NFL player would improve over time, because their scouting report says they have these flaws. I don't see this as a proof of anything.

I also don't get the incessent bashing. like obsessively excessive bashing and you have joined the chorus. you are obsessed at this point.