Is Dak now the 2nd Best QB in the NFC

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
true. I just don't put much into scouting reports as a proof of somebody after 6 years in the NFL.

I also don't get the incessent bashing. like obsessively excessive bashing and you have joined the chorus. you are obsessed at this point.
I'm more obsessed with correcting falsehoods regarding players than anything else.

I can't just sit back and watch people spout of nonsense without speaking up about it.

kskboys

Reaction score
You can find 100s of wrong scouting reports. They happen every single year.

This does not mean that Dak's is one of them though.

The issues from his scouting report are still issues for him right now.

Brady, Manning, and Leaf proved their reports to be inaccurate. Do you really honestly believe Dak has proved his to be inaccurate? I mean, even you can admit that it's much on the nose than wrong, right?
The good scouting reports are mostly accurate. That's because they simply report on the player's skillset and how it might relate to the NFL.

The scouting reports that are often off are the ones making stupid predictions, the ones that go off of college stats and irrelevant skillsets. For instance, speed and size are mostly irrelevant w/o lateral agility.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I'm more obsessed with correcting falsehoods regarding players than anything else.

I can't just sit back and watch people spout of nonsense without speaking up about it.
what falsehoods? and you are singularly obsessed with Dak.

have you looked at Zeke scouting report and correct falsehoods about him? Gallup? Lawrence? Gregory? parsons? etc.

if you singularly and only post, 98% of the time on one player, you are obsessed.

and I updated the response after you responded, but the scouting report from 6 years ago is irrelevant to proof of anything, otherwise every player would be what their scouting report says and they never improve. not sure what the scouting report is proving..... the issue is why are some of these are still problems after 6 years. and Dak is not the only one that has the same issues in Dallas.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
what falsehoods? and you are singularly obsessed with Dak.

have you looked at Zeke scouting report and correct falsehoods about him? Gallup? Lawrence? Gregory? parsons? etc.

if you singularly and only post, 98% of the time on one player, you are obsessed.

and I updated the response after you responded, but the scouting report from 6 years ago is irrelevant to proof of anything, otherwise every player would be what their scouting report says and they never improve. not sure what the scouting report is proving..... the issue is why are some of these are still problems after 6 years. and Dak is not the only one that has the same issues in Dallas.
You only read Dak threads. That's your problem. I talk about all the Cowboys players. Venture out a little more and you'll see.

Post up other Cowboys players scouting reports and lets talk about em. Why get upset when you're not doing anything but fueling the Dak is great fires that people like me have to come in a extinguish? You're here, upset in another Dak thread because other Cowboys players aren't being brought up in it? That's just weird. IT'S A DAK THREAD AND YOU'RE MAD THAT RANDY GREGORY ISN'T BEING TALKED ABOUT IT IN. Think about that for a second.

The scouting report from 6 years ago proved that it was accurate and spot on. It's not irrelevant at all. It can be used as a barometer on how far a player has come since college. What this shows for Dak is that he has not come far at all. And your question about why some of these are still an issue for Dak after 6 years is very, very, very simple. It's because he is what he is. We've seen his celling. They wrote that scouting report for a reason and Dak was a 4th round pick for a reason. He is who he is. Accept it.

If I was you I'd prepare myself for a regression from him next season now that the cupboard is getting more bare. Cooper saved his career and changed the trajectory of the team. Is there another savior going to step up?

doomsday9084

Reaction score
which matters how? they will pick each other off with most all in one division. only one will be in the SB to challenge whichever NFC team makes it and its no guarantee..mighty Joe young burrows lost to the NFC..rcent history says who give a flying steaming glob of poo!

jeez rankings mean squat head-to-head, right! they guarded each others WRs LOL last time dak met Wilson in the playoffs Dak won, guess hes better.. eli beat Brady twice guess hes better. Dak beat Herbert, guess hes better...

There are some that evaluate QB's by wins, some by playoff success, some by stats like passer rating or QBR. I just don't see any measure where Dak is better than Murray, regardless of which one is your preference.

Ken

Reaction score
No idea what the purpose of you repeating what I said is.

Divisional titles ARE a team accomplishment. When did I go away from this?

What's wrong you with? Are you okay?
Division titles are team accomplishments but super bowls aren't?

Gotcha!

So consistent in your arguments. lol

Ken

Reaction score
Stafford would have lead us to a Super Bowl win in 2016 and 2021 easily if he was our QB.
He didn't easily lead the Rams to a title...lol

He hit a defender in the chest with the game on the line in the CC game and it was dropped. LUCKY!

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Division titles are team accomplishments but super bowls aren't?

Gotcha!

So consistent in your arguments. lol
I didn't say they weren't.

Yes, I am consistent in my arguments. The fact that you're playing mental gymnastics trying to interpret things I say differently than I said it shows that you are not confident in your already very weak opinions.

Ken

Reaction score
I didn't say they weren't.

Yes, I am consistent in my arguments. The fact that you're playing mental gymnastics trying to interpret things I say differently than I said it shows that you are not confident in your already very weak opinions.
Ya you did, multiple times. You don't even realize you are minimizing Dak's team accomplishments by calling them team accomplishments then pumping up Brady's super bowls as the difference in their abilities.

This is after saying they are team accomplishments.

Try and keep up with your own inconsistency.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score

You mean make things up and put false statements into people's mouths? Lying? That's all you do. The amount of time you spend on worrying about how many "likes" you get and trashing one player is disturbing dude. You need help.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Ya you did, multiple times. You don't even realize you are minimizing Dak's team accomplishments by calling them team accomplishments then pumping up Brady's super bowls as the difference in their abilities.

This is after saying they are team accomplishments.

Try and keep up with your own inconsistency.
Wait.....

Are you saying that the QB, the most important position on a team, does not have a huge impact on team success? That their abilities as a QB does not make a huge impact on the trajectory of where that team goes?

Is that what you're trying to insinuate here?

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
You mean make things up and put false statements into people's mouths? Lying? That's all you do. The amount of time you spend on worrying about how many "likes" you get and trashing one player is disturbing dude. You need help.
You mean like when you said Dak was elite and I told you if you believe in him so much then lets do an account bet and you refused because you don't really believe in him like you pretend you do?

Ken

Reaction score
Wait.....

Are you saying that the QB, the most important position on a team, does not have a huge impact on team success? That their abilities as a QB does not make a huge impact on the trajectory of where that team goes?

Is that what you're trying to insinuate here?
Not at all. Maybe we should just drop the convo because you obviously are not keeping up with the discussion?

BermyStar

Reaction score
Stafford winning a Superbowl doesn't vault him into any new stratosphere. Eli won 2 and he's mediocre.

GINeric

Reaction score
I remember there were a couple of dummies posting that Wentz was better than Dak. LOL!!!! Its funny how "geniuses" like that have quickly disappeared into obscurity.