Is Dak now the 2nd Best QB in the NFC

Hadenough

Reaction score
Even Tim Tebow has had a nice game or two, so that doesn't really mean anything. Wentz got his spot taken by a backup quarterback who's probably not even in the league right now.

Dak got a solid contract for a reason.... while Wentz is bouncing around the league like a Spaulding basketball. For all the dummies that said Wentz was better than Dak, THEY are living in a nightmare.
Its not so much that Wentz had a nice game. Its that Dak had a full squad of healthy players and he couldnt muster more than 10 points. But thats nothing new he does that crap all the time when the better teams come to town. Had it not been for Anthony Browns int the Cowboys walk out of that loss to 49ers with 14 points. The nightmare is being stuck with Dak and all those careers like Parsons are going to be wasted. Wentz was better than Dak has even been in 2017. Wentz had a 70 percent conversion rate on 3rd and 7+. Wentz injuries have ruined him but at least the teams that he was on knew it was time too move on and got rid of him. Dak beats up on the crappy division and Jerry pays him like he is elite. Heck ar least Wentz has a ring that he contributed too.

morat1959

Reaction score
Its not so much that Wentz had a nice game. Its that Dak had a full squad of healthy players and he couldnt muster more than 10 points. But thats nothing new he does that crap all the time when the better teams come to town. Had it not been for Anthony Browns int the Cowboys walk out of that loss to 49ers with 14 points. The nightmare is being stuck with Dak and all those careers like Parsons are going to be wasted. Wentz was better than Dak has even been in 2017. Wentz had a 70 percent conversion rate on 3rd and 7+. Wentz injuries have ruined him but at least the teams that he was on knew it was time too move on and got rid of him. Dak beats up on the crappy division and Jerry pays him like he is elite. Heck ar least Wentz has a ring that he contributed too.
BAM!

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I like how Dak is "trash" and the team around him doesn't matter.

But now that Matthew Stafford is off the Lions and with the Rams he's suddenly elite. How many people pre-2021 would put Stafford in the same breath as Brady and Rodgers? Just asking.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Wilson to the Broncos, Brady gone, what's your thoughts, I'm not sure it even means anything!!
Look out Coog, we have to see where Watson goes. Right now, with Watson pending Dak is like 5th or 6th.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score

But now that Matthew Stafford is off the Lions and with the Rams he's suddenly elite. How many people pre-2021 would put Stafford in the same breath as Brady and Rodgers? Just asking.

No one is putting him there now either.

But I had Stafford last year right around where everyone has him now. I think I said right here that he was the 5th-6th best QB in the league.

But let’s look at you comparing Stafford to Dak: do you think Matt had talent in Detroit anywhere near what Dak has right now? Jason Garrett would have been the greatest head coach Stafford has ever had, not to mention McCarthy. Jerry Jones has still accomplished far more in the last 26 years than the Ford family has in their entire ownership career with the Lions. Stafford and Dak are wildly different situations

Hadenough

Reaction score

Stafford has had very limited talent around him and no running game or oline or defense. Dak has had probowl players around him and still done nothing. Daks talent level is trash compared to Stafford. Dak gets by on hard work and limited talent but in no way can he or will he every throw the ball as well as Stafford is capable of throwing it. Dak was lucky he wasn't drafted by the Texans, Jaguars or the Lions he would be another Case Keenum. This isn't a knock on Keenum because he has had a very successful career being a backup and made millions.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Wilson to the Broncos, Brady gone, what's your thoughts, I'm not sure it even means anything!!
If he is, it is time for the NFC to take a 2-year hiatus and cleanse itself of poseurs.
Lofty thoughts is me bag, ruffians.

DFWJC

Reaction score

Sounds like you are comparing those awful teams teams Stafford was on to what Dak has had….not sure, but it sounds like that.

And I dont think many put him on par with Rodgers or Brady
Hes Below them, as is pretty much everyone

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
There's a big gap between Stafford and the rest of the NFC QBs. If Dak still sucks at reading defenses next year like he struggled in the 9 games this year then he won't be the best QB in the division.
He could potential be the 3rd best QB in the division if the Giants or Eagles go after Watson.

GINeric

Reaction score

Well there are a few quarterbacks that beat up on crappy divisions for years... like Tom Brady. He faced the weakest division for almost two decades. Dolphins, Bills, and Jets for 20 years?? Yeah ok. And no im not saying Dak is better than Brady.

Haven't heard many people personally or in and around the game say Wentz is better than Dak. Like I said, Dak has better numbers than Wentz and takes care of the ball better than Wentz. Also, the best ability is AVAILABILITY. Dak is more durable than Wentz.

Yes Wentz received a ring because he contributed and was still on the roster... but their 3rd string QB, backup positional/special teams and practice squad players also got a ring for their contributions to the Superbowl winning season.... And??? Wentz wasn't capable of LEADING them or the Colts to a Superbowl victory, but the Eagles backup Nick Foles did. If Wentz was capable of leading a team to the Superbowl, he would have done it with the Colts last year, but he didn't and the Colts had weapons with a very good offensive line,, so that talent excuse is out the door. If I recall, I believe he couldn't even lead them into a victory over the sorry *** Jaguars which would have clinched a playoff birth at the end of the season. Please...

Now you said Dak had a full squad, but couldn't muster 10 points??? True. When we played the Chiefs, I believe Mahomes only scored one maybe two touchdowns with a full healthy squad... and he's the best QB in the game. Im not say Dak is better than Mahomes, but what's your excuse for Mahomes only scoring low, or Brady losing to Washington and a sorry *** Saints team?

I can't believe you even brought up a Superbowl ring and Wentz in the same sentence. LOL. I guess he's better than Marino and Jim Kelly too, because they've never "contributed" to a Superbowl ring huh....

Wentz is bouncing around the league for a reason, give me Dak over Wentz everyday of the week and twice on Sundays.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Watson could easily go home to Carolina...or maybe Philly (but I think he doesn't want to go there and has a trade clause)

GINeric

Reaction score
No, we’re living in reality. Dak got the contract because JJ is clueless. He’s won nothing and never will. Dak sux!

Payton Manning got paid before he ever "won something". John Elway got paid before he "won something". Trent Dilpher won a Superbowl and Marino didn't.... does that mean Dilpher was a better qb than Marino?? Daks pay was dictated by his numbers, winning percentage and basically the market price nowadays for quarterbacks.

Real quick question... if Dak "sux" why is he ranked in the top ten most of his career??

Why is he only one of 4 or 5 other quarterbacks in the 100 year history of the NFL that has put up numbers in his first 5 years that only 5 quarterbacks out of thousands of quarterbacks that came into the league?? I don't wanna hear the weak bull **** about the new "passing league, because only Russell Wilson and Dak Prescott have accomplished these numbers in present day NFL. There have been hundreds of quarterbacks to have come through the NFL within the last 20 years of the "passing league".

So again, how could a quarterback that "sux" do something that only 4 or 5 other quarterbacks in 100 years, that thousands of other quarterbacks couldn't do?? I notice alot of the resident haters NEVER answer this question. Maybe you can...

I'll wait....

Motorola

Reaction score
Really not concerned with rankings.
Just was Prescott and the rest of the offense to play better in the playoffs than they did two months ago.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
The things we tell ourselves to make ourselves feel better as we sit huddled into the fetal position, rocking softly, in a darkened room.