Is Dak only a Tier 2 QB?

Creeper

Reaction score
The biggest difference between Mahomes start and Daks end last season was coaching.

Moore REFUSED to adjust. Reid and Bieniemy adjusted. Moore saw what wasnt working. But like his mentor Garrett refused to change anything.

And no. I am not saying Dak and Mahomes are the same or even close. Just that this coaching staff did no favours for the struggling offense.

Also, "it's not how you start, it's how you finish" has something to do with it too.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Why are these the only years that really matter? Because it suits your narrative? Was he not playing those other 6 seasons? Look I think Cousins is a legitimate NFL starting QB. He does not suck.. but I do think he chokes and he plays too conservatively trying to protect his passer rating (IMHO) instead of taking shots to help his team win. He's also a C-minus athlete so if you have a good pass rush you can absolutely neuter him. H
So you think 5-8 years ago matter more than the 4 most recent years?

Just seems logical to me that they do not.
We are talking about now, after all.

If you think older years are more important (or even as important) as now, go right ahead and think that. Fine with me.

Maybe we should bring back Philip Rivers or Romo
Or maybe Matt Ryan now is as good as he was 6-7 years ago.
Or inversely, Josh Allen.
QBs should improve with time until age overtakes them

I use the most recent 4 years for Cousins because he was with a legit team with the Vikings and also that, well, it is more recent data.

Last edited:

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Why are these the only years that really matter? Because it suits your narrative? Was he not playing those other 6 seasons? Look I think Cousins is a legitimate NFL starting QB. He does not suck.. but I do think he chokes and he plays too conservatively trying to protect his passer rating (IMHO) instead of taking shots to help his team win. He's also a C-minus athlete so if you have a good pass rush you can absolutely neuter him. H
In all seriousness.... this is a very good description of Dak.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
So you think 5-8 years ago matter more than the 4 most recent years?

Just seems logical to me that they do not.
We are talking about now, after all.

If you think older years are more important (or even as important) as now, go right ahead and think that. Fine with me.

Maybe we should bring back Philip Rivers or Romo
My go to line at ladies night down at the Loyal Order of the Buffalo Lodge...

"Hey sweetie, I may not be as good as I once was but I can be as good once as I ever was".

DFWJC

Reaction score
There are two ways to discuss a QB
1) how their total career has been
2) how they are now

This discussion is about how these players are expected to be now

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Serious albeit somewhat rhetorical question.

How are you 'taking care of' anything? What have your efforts accomplished?

Seems to me you just create even more of the very drama you pretend to dislike.

Make this make sense to me, please.
Unfortunately you have to waller in the mud and get dirty when you take on this type of element. It’s not a pretty site. But needs to be done.

But it’s purpose is to present more balanced threads to derail their narrative of creating negative and bashing threads blaming our lack of success on our QB saying he suks and is a Lemon. And bashing and insulting other fans who oppose them.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You better get your facts str8!!!!

https://cowboyszone.com/threads/are...he-quarterback-for-the-dallas-cowboys.492042/

80% are not happy Dak is our QB!!!!!!!!!!
Jeez, man.....
Isn’t it interesting how I can make a general comment and the crap can come out if it’s hole to respond .

This segment I generally refer to know exactly who I’m taking about. And their existence is threatened by it.

And the stupid pole represents 472 fans . Lol
Yea, that’s how 80% of Cowboys Nation feels . More trolling.

Let’s just assume everyone isn’t happy with Dak. Like many other contributing factors they aren’t totally happy with. Are they all blaming him solely for our lack of success?

Last edited:

phildadon86

Reaction score
Also, "it's not how you start, it's how you finish" has something to do with it too.
Yeah. However without coaching intervention last season Mahomes would have continued to play the way he did the first half. Dak was failing for the same reason mahomes was. Mahomes was always looking for the big play. Dak was doing the same thing instead of taking what he was given. And then due to poor line play he got gun shy and the offense went to crap.

that’s where a veteran coach reigns the QB in. It didn’t happen though. It is what it is

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If we need these Dak trolls for entertainment value and we must also consider some make a financial contribution , I suppose we can tolerate their existence. But we don’t have to take them serious.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Unfortunately you have to waller in the mud and get dirty when you take on this type of element. It’s not a pretty site. But needs to be done.

But it’s purpose is to present more balanced threads to derail their narrative of creating negative and bashing threads blaming our lack of success on our QB saying he suks and is a Lemon. And bashing and insulting other fans who oppose them.
My question was more about the results of your efforts. I understand your motives. What can you point to as a positive result?

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Isn’t it interesting how I can make a general comment and the crap can come out if it’s hole to respond .

This segment I generally refer to know exactly who I’m taking about. And their existence is threatened by it.

Let’s just assume everyone isn’t happy with Dak. Like many other contributing factors they aren’t totally happy with. Are they all blaming him solely for our lack of success?

That poll was from post game show of the playoff loss....pretty sure everyone was ready to move on from the team at that exact moment...lol

Diehardblues

Reaction score
My question was more about the results of your efforts. I understand your motives. What can you point to as a positive result?
Unfortunately results are often difficult to measure. This is a new venture so it could take awhile before we know the impact. Sometimes it’s more about drawing attention to the issue.

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Hey, the members voted so get off my case there bud.....don't you believe in the power of the vote???o_O

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
So glad he's the Cowboys quarterback. The Jones' got themselves another good one!
I recall McNabb getting all jealous when Romo got that big contract w/Dallas. Jealousy at its finest lol.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Hey, the members voted so get off my case there bud.....don't you believe in the power of the vote???o_O
A very small select ( 472 fans polled) doesn’t necessarily represent the pulse of Cowboys Nation.

But I’d imagine a poll after the loss wouldn’t have been favorable of many aspects of the team.

I don’t think that means that 80% of the tens of millions Cowboy fans out there or thousands of fans here think Dak suks or is a Lemon blaming him solely for the Cowboys loss.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
If we need these Dak trolls for entertainment value and we must also consider some make a financial contribution , I suppose we can tolerate their existence. But we don’t have to take them serious.
I'm sure we join the masses in their lives by not taking them seriously.

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A very small select ( 472 fans polled) doesn’t necessarily represent the pulse of Cowboys Nation.

But I’d imagine a poll after the loss wouldn’t have been favorable of many aspects of the team.

I don’t think that means that 80% of the tens of millions Cowboy fans out there or thousands of fans here think Dak suks or is a Lemon blaming him solely for the Cowboys loss.

Whatever the # is it's just another accomplishment of Dak's as he has divided Cowboy nation to its core!
One glace over on Twitter and you will get a taste of another negative Mr.Imposter QB has brought to our fan base!
Here's something funny as last week I joined to play a 3 shooter game and one of my teammates' names was Don't blame Dak.
True story.....heck, I laughed so hard the Aliens ended up killing me.....:muttley: