Is Dak the Future of the Dallas Cowboys?

Is Dak the future at QB?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Darthkuriboh

Reaction score
Yep and then they call us HATERS....Dak will be benched by seasons end this is the only sure thing ...Bet on it...!

Why...cause all he's good for is to hand-off to Zeke and his passing ability's are probably one of the worse for any Starting NFL QB....Dink and dunk them Dak ...your exposed now and you better have a great season 3 or the bench will be your starting position ....i mean really now you dak-bots will run out of players to blame at some point for Dak's inept play lol?????

It's not a sure thing. Like I said, I do not ever want any Cowboys player to fail. I like the kid, I genuinely do. I hope if he does fail as a QB like I think he will, that he will move to another position where he will be more successful (see: tight end or running back).

I will say, as much as I detest agreeing with Bleu about anything, he is right about one thing... Linehan and the Clappy the Clown either have to step it up 4 or 5 notches or get gone.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
68 percent yes..... So 68 percent of our fan base here on the board happens to be level headed patient people. AWESOME........

I guess the DHC is much smaller than I originally thought.... :rolleyes:

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
I will say, as much as I detest agreeing with Bleu about anything, he is right about one thing... Linehan and the Clappy the Clown either have to step it up 4 or 5 notches or get gone.
Every dog finds the occasional bone.

Garrett & Linehan are, in essence, playing a preseason offense all season while other teeams open it up and strategize.

So, while I firmly believe Dak will succeed despite those odds, those two dufuses better give him more flexibility to make calls at the line this year.

rwalters31

Reaction score
Nope.

Lacks the skillset needed to be a franchise QB
At this point your assessment seems good. This off season with the right skill sets being taught, he may do well. You need to ask this question for next years off season. Right now, he looks to be Jag needing a very good offense and defense to be successful. Supper Bowl :thumbdown:

Setackin

radioactivecowboy88
Reaction score
@Reality alright, U can close this if you want, it spiraled into name calling lol I really just wanted to see the numbers from the poll.

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
@Reality alright, U can close this if you want, it spiraled into name calling lol I really just wanted to see the numbers from the poll.

Welcome do today’s world where opinion is confused with fact and those who hold a different viewpoint are mocked.

We’ve devolved into a 3rd grade classroom.

Ken

Reaction score
Thankfully, i couldnt care less what you or any other homers have to say.

Grow up
I'm grown.

Name 1 2nd year qb who has produced more than Dak has. I'll wait.

Your analysis is baseless.

GORICO

Reaction score
So, I wanna start by saying I’m not starting this to have yet another back and forth debate about Dak, it’d be just beating a dead horse at this point for both sides. In almost every thread Dak gets brought up and a debate starts, I just wanna see how many ppl are pro-Dak and anti-Dak.

I’m not adding a “maybe choice” or a “give it one more season” choice cause I think a lot of ppl would pick that just to be safe. I’m drawing a line in the sand, pick a side.
i know i sound wishy-washy..but i could not yet cast that vote....until Dak get more proficient throwing downfiled from the pocket i dont see him as a franchise QB....yes he can run our offense well...but increasing RPO's will expose Dak to NFL pro-linebackers that hit like a ton of bricks...and all it takes is one and Dak is injured....i am concerned about this so called Dak friendly offense that i hear they willl increase RPO's...the QB's that lead teams deep in playoffs on a consistent basis throw effectively down field from the pocket...i have to see Dak improve at this first before i can cast that vote

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
I'm grown.

Name 1 2nd year qb who has produced more than Dak has. I'll wait.

Your analysis is baseless.

Dak has a long way to go as a passer before I’m convinced he’s the long term answer. I don’t care how good he looked his rookie year his flaws are plain to see when you watch him play. He needs to improve his pre-snap reads and he needs to learn to throw with anticipation.

There’s a reason every receiver on the team saw there production drop and his name was Dak Prescott. Defenses don’t respect his ability to throw downfield and the offense suffered because of it.

I’m not saying he can’t improve in these areas. I hope he does. We will see.

GORICO

Reaction score
Shouldn't that be Cooper Rush? He impressed me in preseason action. Eager to see him again in preseason.
the kid threw 6 td's and 0 int's in preseason....he does not have a strong arm but his accuracy and touch is really good...he reminds me of the QB for Atlanta..forgot name...not a strong arm but accurate and won MVP couple years ago

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Thankfully, only 30% agree with your viewpoint as it is wrong.
Does the poll make him anymore accurate will it get rid of the bad passes? The poll is about popularity not facts.

GORICO

Reaction score
HE, O-line stunk it up all last season. The receivers sucked since they couldn't get much of any separation mostly because they don't run clean cuts and better routes. Beasley and Witten were constantly doubled. Dez is terrible at running routes, plus he has slowed down with age. There was no serious deep threat to worry about, and Zeke was suspended for 6 games. Tyron Smith missed time and was always playing injured because of his ailing lower back once again (which he stubbornly refuses to have surgery on to fix it), Leary and Free left which caused two big holes at Left Guard and Right Tackle. Frederick and Martin struggled and got beat 1/3rd of the time during September and October until they finally got their legs and in better shape. The whole Oline stunk last year. It was so obvious. Don't care about the Pro Bowl votes. That's based on popularity. So many things went wrong which caused Dak and the Offense to fail. After Dak getting sacked 8 times at Atlanta (thanks to Chaz Green and his backup at Left Tackle), Dak was shell shocked, constantly on his heels and never fully trusted his backside blocking. He never fully recovered. Can't blame him. Romo or Aikman would not have lasted the whole season with the type of hits Dak took. Good thing Dak is built like a linebacker, but dagnamit, everyone contributed to Dak and the Offense's failures, including Linehan and Garrett.
i must agree with your assessment of O Line...we were not dominant..certainly not best O line in league last year...glad we got rid of O line coach and got the vet coach from Cincy