Video: Is Dak worth 30 Million? *MERGE*

cern

Reaction score
Stephen doesn't even know what Dak will be paid yet. So I'm certain no one else knows either.

rags747

Reaction score
I thought he was pretty good when we had him healthy for whatever length of time it was but at this point I would have to think he is pretty much done. $ must be running out, everyone finds those extra and misused brain cells when faced with flipping burgers...Amazing how that works! Saying all of that, I wish him the best. It’s not easy being young and having to make real life decisions when confronted by Millions of $. Good luck Rolondo...

Hadenough

Reaction score
What's interesting about that video is that I can agree and argue every point and that's the way this entire Dakcussion has been going ever since it started. Other than some outlandish points, there are very valid points on both sides of this.

However, I keep coming back to Avril's point about the market and lack of options if they don't extend him.

Is he worth 30M? No, I don't think so but if that's the price of QB1's being established, why should he take less? I think the point about increased expectation coming with the 30M is valid but he also left out the unwritten rule of all NFL players, the job is to drive the rates up. Players do not like the term "team friendly contracts" because they see that as "owner friendly contracts".

Think about this. 6 years ago Flacco won the SB playing in the last year of his contract and got 20M a year. In just 6 short years, the top QB salary has increased 75% and within 8 years will have doubled to 40M.

One thing I disagree with in that video is Merriman citing stats like his 300 yard passing games. Did Aikman get paid on his stats? Or did his W-L stats get more consideration? A D guy is really making a point about 300 yard passing games? Cutler had 27 and he was 11-16, so, who ya gonna call? Marino had 67 300 yard games and 4 in the playoffs, he was 1-3 in the playoffs.

Dak Prescott will not be paid to get stats other than that 66% winning stat. He will be paid to manage the offense and lead the team, just like Aikman was.
It's going to be interesting to see how this whole thing plays out because without kicking the can down the road they wont be able to take care of all the good players on this team and they will be losing some guys.And like Wiley said Dak is liked right now but every locker room has envy and if Dak gets 30 mil he better be performing.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Didnt I hear Wiley say the best way to view a QB is look at the throws he stays away from or doesnt want to make. And then Wiley said PFF ranks Dak 30th.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I loved romo as much as anyone..romos body cost him his job..not dak
Romo sustained a significant preseason injury, which temporarily sidelined him. The injury provided an opportunity for his backup, Prescott, to replace him. Prescott performed remarkedly well for a rookie, despite what his detractors state.

However, Romo, the starter, did not sustain a season ending injury. He was medically cleared to return. It was only due to him not being reinstated as the starter that allowed Prescott to remain the starter. Essentially, Romo's body did not cost him the starting job. It is more accurate to state Jerry Jones (who was mostly responsible in the decision making process in my opinion) and Jason Garrett who cost Romo his job by blocking him to resume playing the position.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why do our fans post this crap? Is it some kind of self immoluzatiion?

Why? Well it happens to be one of the biggest decisions concerning our Team .....let me repeat that our TEAM ....since Jimmy left.
If you can't comprehend that giving Dak(Sub-Par QB) a cap busting deal will do to our team then maybe you should start watching tennis.
Best!

P.S. If its hard for you to understand forget what I'm posting just watch the video and hear what Football folks are saying bud!