Is Dak worth more than Foles 4 yr 88 million?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Your right , plus the next wave of Qb contracts are going to be stupid cashola ; again not saying I am all in on Dak .. it doesn’t matter .. the owners are .. so business wise work out his contract now and we will end up saving money in the long run ... again it’s not IS Dak worth 25-30 million per year .. it’s what will he take and logic has to say he would take less now than in a year
Bingo!!!

kskboys

Reaction score
If your method "saves $28 million"? I'm eager to read about it. Because that's what letting this year play out saves you.
Yeah, but we'll most certainly franchise him or give him an even bigger contract. Why not make a pre-emptive strike?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Likely so. But that doesn't mean I have to be happy about what they do or approve of it. I'm not giving a prediction, I'm giving my opinion and what I think is in the team's overall best interests.

But some fans simply prefer to rubber stamp everything this team does, despite their exercise in futility for over 20 years. Not saying that's you so don't take it that way, but it's obvious that they're here.
And like a husband arguing with his wife, they use only the positive outcomes and conveniently gloss over the mistakes.

It's like that tired defense of Booger's ineptitude with those 3 rings. Hell, 23 years ago, I was buff and had a 32" waist.

kskboys

Reaction score
And like a husband arguing with his wife, they use only the positive outcomes and conveniently gloss over the mistakes.

It's like that tired defense of Booger's ineptitude with those 3 rings. Hell, 23 years ago, I was buff and had a 32" waist.
I was drunk.

cheftjpeck

Reaction score
Likely so. But that doesn't mean I have to be happy about what they do or approve of it. I'm not giving a prediction, I'm giving my opinion and what I think is in the team's overall best interests.

But some fans simply prefer to rubber stamp everything this team does, despite their exercise in futility for over 20 years. Not saying that's you so don't take it that way, but it's obvious that they're here.
Agreed and I’m not taking it that way .., I am more frustrated with how much all these big salaries (which I don’t begrudge a single Athlete from grabbing all the cash they can while they can ) these salaries are just insane :. Players back in the day who were better played for peanuts .. and with how much the college game has changed and the nfl game really hasn’t evolved as quickly , college players while being more athletic aren’t necessarily ready or fit for many nfl schemes .. but we continue to overpay and drive the market up .. oh well I guess I’m just an old curmudgeon

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, but we'll most certainly franchise him or give him an even bigger contract. Why not make a pre-emptive strike?

Not if there's no discount. If that's the case, there's no savings ever and no reason to.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If they have no doubts and do not think they can do better, there is no reason to wait. I still have doubts about him.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Thats a pretty good number to use as a barometer.

Initially I thought Bortyles 3 years 50 million was a good place to start for Dak but since he’s being released by Jags for Foles that might not be a good measuring stick.

If Dak was a FA would he receive this type of Foles deal ? I’m not sure..

Thoughts ...
It is a good number for dak. Will he take it? I’d force it on him. Say here final offer or we tag you.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

Yea, I used to be invincible walking thru brick walls. Now I limp around waving white flags. Lol

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
If your method "saves $28 million"? I'm eager to read about it. Because that's what letting this year play out saves you.
Saves more than $28M. It saves the amount it would take to sign him an additional year at the end of the contract lol.

You understand that if we extend him thr remaining year on his contract doesn't just get torn up, right?

Reaction score

Initially I thought Bortyles 3 years 50 million was a good place to start for Dak but since he’s being released by Jags for Foles that might not be a good measuring stick.

Thoughts ...
I think the Foles contract would be a fair contract. I thought $18-$20M initially but that seems highly unlikely.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Go back and reread everything I've said, I haven't the time to reiterate everything from the beginning.
I don’t have patience either.

No doubt it cost us more this year. That’s an obvious given but it could save us next year and down the road.

But if we’re not sold then you wait. If you are then you sign now. It’s pretty straight forward. And I’m not saying I’m sold . I’m speaking on what the Cowboys thinking has to be.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

Thoughts ...
Foles has multiple playoff wins. and was the superbowl MVP.... does Dak have any of that? or capable of that?