Is Dallas working the phones?

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
You still have to stand in awe of that quote.

It's amazing.
My head fell on the table with that quote. I just... I still cannot fathom the depths of the admitted incompetence of this guy.
"I don't know why we don't do things... I can't put my finger on it. I mean, we're open for business and stuff..."

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
My head fell on the table with that quote. I just... I still cannot fathom the depths of the admitted incompetence of this guy.
"I don't know why we don't do things... I can't put my finger on it. I mean, we're open for business and stuff..."

He even acknowledged that overvaluing our own players was part of it. This means they kind of know what the issue is yet they continue to knowingly and actively do it. That is an insult to the fan base.

DXIS11eXcAEUXqP.jpg

ThrowuptheXDez88

Reaction score
You realize we're a year removed from 13-3?
Sure I realize it, but the year after a bit of success, we stand pat and do zero to make our team any better... Do something with your picks and get a legit star to take the next step, and if it doesn't work, and Dak isn't the guy, then use your pick to try and get the next Carson Wentz

Corso

Reaction score
He even acknowledged that overvaluing our own players was part of it. This means they kind of know what the issue is yet they continue to knowingly and actively do it. That is an insult to the fan base.

DXIS11eXcAEUXqP.jpg
I have no words. Well... I have tons of words, but none that would escape the filter here...
I guess I'm a "whiner" now.
I always considered myself the "resident nut".

BigCowboysHomer

Reaction score
Now how many of those teams have had the same GM and Director of Personnel all those years?

I'll wait.

Keep waiting, I have better things to do with my time than look that up for you. But it doesn’t really matter if it is the same FO personnel who failed a team continuously all those years, or if they had a succession of people who failed to get the job done, the bottom line is those front offices have failed longer than Dallas has to build a team able to at least get to the Super Bowl.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Not a chance. We love our players and our draft process. Because it has been rock solid for the last 2 decades plus.

Puke. We refuse to make any moves to better this team and it's pathetic. We need safety help in the worst way and one of the best out there is available in Earl Thomas. Go get him! He instantly improves this defense. We have an abundance of draft picks. We don't need all those. Get someone who has experience in this league and will be good to go from day one. Our sitting on our hands and waiting for trash scraps we try and sell as 'gritty' players is getting old year after year.

The 2 teams in the Super Bowl last year went and got better. Pats got Cooks because Edelman was hurt. Eagles made moves. We do absolutely nothing. Pathetic.

Corso

Reaction score
Keep waiting, I have better things to do with my time than look that up for you. But it doesn’t really matter if it is the same FO personnel who failed a team continuously all those years, or if they had a succession of people who failed to get the job done, the bottom line is those front offices have failed longer than Dallas has to build a team able to at least get to the Super Bowl.
Easy answer brother: NONE. NOT ONE. ZERO. NADA. Nobody.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not just in the NFL, all of professional sports. Ever-shifting and reactive philosophies, no true vision (outside of marketing) and our biggest sin, no real accountability for decision makers.

That's the biggest one. If another GM and front office screws up? See ya! Bye!

If Big and Little Enos screw up?

2445502342_d14c97e6c4_o.jpg

Just Another day at the office.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If the Cowboys work the phones it won’t be until draft day and players start coming off the board. With the Cowboys history of trading down they’ll certainly get some calls. Jerry loves acquiring as many picks as he can. Trade a #2 for a couple of 7s and a 6th this year and a 7th next year.

ThrowuptheXDez88

Reaction score
Not a chance. We love our players and our draft process. Because it has been rock solid for the last 2 decades plus.

Puke. We refuse to make any moves to better this team and it's pathetic. We need safety help in the worst way and one of the best out there is available in Earl Thomas. Go get him! He instantly improves this defense. We have an abundance of draft picks. We don't need all those. Get someone who has experience in this league and will be good to go from day one. Our sitting on our hands and waiting for trash scraps we try and sell as 'gritty' players is getting old year after year.

The 2 teams in the Super Bowl last year went and got better. Pats got Cooks because Edelman was hurt. Eagles made moves. We do absolutely nothing. Pathetic.
Exactly, we have 10 picks and if the morons in the front office believe Dak is the guy, and you have your quarterback in place, you've put so much $ into the o-line, go get some freakin help with your picks and go get a legit superstar at a position we need to fill in the worst way! With the way these bums run the draft, we'll probably only have 2 or 3 of the 10 picks on our team in the next 3 years

Corso

Reaction score
That's the biggest one. If another GM and front office screws up? See ya! Bye!

If Big and Little Enos screw up?

2445502342_d14c97e6c4_o.jpg

Just Another day at the office.
I haven't seen that movie in a month of Sundays! Good ol' Burt. I still try to laugh like him sometimes.

cern

Reaction score
jerry's doing it his way. it's just that his way isn't working. but he's created one hell of an exit strategy for himself.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Exactly. You got better things to do than lose this debate. You're desperate. You want to attribute losing seasons to people not currently running a team. Why? Because no current front office in the NFL has failed as much as the one in Dallas.

Maybe if you weren't a "BigCowboysHomer" you'd know that already.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Exactly, we have 10 picks and if the morons in the front office believe Dak is the guy, and you have your quarterback in place, you've put so much $ into the o-line, go get some freakin help with your picks and go get a legit superstar at a position we need to fill in the worst way! With the way these bums run the draft, we'll probably only have 2 or 3 of the 10 picks on our team in the next 3 years

Could not have said it any better. People have this idea we are better at drafting now. We really aren't. Byron Jones and Taco were terrible picks. Jaylon, Gregory, Escobar, Chaz Green. These were just in the past few years. We hit on our 1st round picks more often now but after that, we are still bad. All we do is draft for past mistakes rather than to add to the depth of the team. Endless cycle.

pavalley

Reaction score
I guess I do not get some fans. Exactly how many teams are doing any trading and why. Philly has to make trades and cuts to get under the salary cap i.e. something we did a lot of for years. Rams are shedding the guys they don't want and bringing in a couple who they hope can help. Philly won the Super Bowl using second and third tier free agents last year and one upper tier guy on a one year make or break but our fans think we should sign every big name free agent or trade for every washed up guy there.

Tell me how Bennett would have helped us and if he is so good why did Seattle take a box of chocolates for him. Denver released a good CB due to money and having a younger cheaper guy behind him they believe could do as good a job. Dallas is just resigning their own

Other than maybe Kirk Cousins which free agent is so great that would put Dallas over the top. And if they are that great why didn't their own team hang on to them.

Nice to complain but after years of salary cap hell we appear to be doing the right thing, you know drafting well and two straight years of winning records. Is New England trading or signing any big names, don't see it yet. They manage the cap well, sign low cost free agents, and oh be in the playoffs every year for about the last 20. Now that is what I am hoping we do.
Exactly my point ! Well said sir !