Is football ready for Gay Player?

TonyS

Reaction score
I don't understand this whole gay thing anyway. You should be able to love a man without wanting to "have his kids." I love my dad and brothers and some really close male friends, but don't want to engage in a sexual relationship with them.

My take on homosexuality is that it is unnatural and people predisposed to it have a cross to carry. But it has been proven that you can regain heterosexual desires and live a happy, healthy life through counseling and spritual guidance.

Why we don't look at homosexuality as a social disease, similar to alcoholism, adhd, etc..., I do not know. It can be as self-destructive in some cases. If people could face these facts, we might be able to help people, instead of teaching our kids a potentially harmful lifestyle.

I honestly feel for anyone who desires someone of the same sex and think that if a player "came out" they would be, call it right or wrong, treated differently.

Mike 1967

Reaction score
WV Cowboy said:
I hope I'm dead before our society condones homosexuality, or accepts it as normal.

But it probably will happen someday.

I mean, having a child out of wedlock used to be frowned upon.
It was an embarassment to the family.
It broke fathers' hearts.

It used to be socially frowned upon to cheat on your spouse, ... now it is winked at.

People are so confused.

It will be nothing new.

The Greeks practiced their original Olympics in the nude. Songs/poems were written about the young athletes by older men who would watch them perform. It is common historic fact that these "poets" had sexual relations with athletes.

Valentines day originated in Rome. On the 17th (or 18th) birthday, a Roman teenager (male and female) was taken to colliseum to have open sex with all the other 17 and 18 year olds. There were also many Roman Gods...and some of the Temples had male prostitutes....and their customers were not female.

The list could go on and on.

What always gets me is how we are supposedly "evolving" to a higher level of intelligence.....and.....50 years from now we will be smarter than we are today....so 50 years from now we will be more accepting because we will be more "civilized".

Open your history books people.

Nations come into being....they become powerful....the moral standards decay...then fall.

And history repeats itself.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
fortdick said:
From a fan's perspective, say the Commanders had a player come out. Would you ever day anything bad about him on this message board?
:lmao: :lmao2: :lmao: :laugh2: :lmao2: :laugh1: :skins: :shootme: :suxskins:

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
WV Cowboy said:
I hope I'm dead before our society condones homosexuality, or accepts it as normal.

It used to be socially frowned upon to cheat on your spouse, ... now it is winked at.

People are so confused.
My thoughts exactly, WVC.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
Mike 1967 said:
It will be nothing new.

The Greeks practiced their original Olympics in the nude. Songs/poems were written about the young athletes by older men who would watch them perform. It is common historic fact that these "poets" had sexual relations with athletes.

Valentines day originated in Rome. On the 17th (or 18th) birthday, a Roman teenager (male and female) was taken to colliseum to have open sex with all the other 17 and 18 year olds. There were also many Roman Gods...and some of the Temples had male prostitutes....and their customers were not female.

The list could go on and on.

What always gets me is how we are supposedly "evolving" to a higher level of intelligence.....and.....50 years from now we will be smarter than we are today....so 50 years from now we will be more accepting because we will be more "civilized".

Open your history books people.

Nations come into being....they become powerful....the moral standards decay...then fall.

And history repeats itself.
Good post, Mike.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
This thread is headed to another forum. I wonder which one.

LOL.....

Portland Fanatic

Reaction score
WV Cowboy said:

People are so confused.

I agree...this crap drives me nuts! I'm Repulican with four kids...the lines of morality and what's ok keep moving backwards IMO.

Infact to the point where we have reverse descrimination on sexuality. In this day and age...i'm supposed to accept this crap. I'm sorry, but NO!

I'm doing the best I can to keep my kids educated and prepare them for the real world...working hard...finances...being educated...marriage. This is a battle I should not have to deal with.

I don't share my sex life...I sure don't want to know abou theres...straight or gay.

If it makes them feel better...go back in that closet and yell...I'm gay at the top of their lungs and be done.....

Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Mike 1967

Reaction score
fortdick said:
So I guess the answer to the question is no!

From a fan's perspective, say the Commanders had a player come out. Would you ever day anything bad about him on this message board?

No

I would tell him that his choice of lifestyle is wrong...and I would not condone it.

But I would also not condone cheating on your wife....and I was still a fan of Michael Irvin (as a football player)

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
I hope this doesn't shake the faith in anyone here. But Dexter Clinkscale is gay.

There was a fan board a few years ago prior to the ones we see now. There was a discussion about this. One of the MODS met him once in a bar. After a while it became apparent that Dexter was hitting on the guy.

Of course I wasn't there, but this was not the only time I heard this, and not by this one source.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
TonyS said:
But it has been proven that you can regain heterosexual desires and live a happy, healthy life through counseling and spritual guidance.

That is totally false and a misrepresentation of psychological science. These therapies have been roundly blasted by the psychological community -- they represent bad science.

If a person holds strong religious beliefs and wants to pursue a lifestyle that conflicts with his or her feelings to be more in line with their beliefs, that is their choice. But don't call those therapys proven treatments -- all they are is junk science.

Everlastingxxx

All Star
Reaction score
WV Cowboy said:

People are so confused.

You know what’s worse than these things?

...the Holier than Thou additude. Congrats.

Lifetimeboyzfan

Reaction score
Who friggin cares about someone's sexual preference? It is absolutely no one's business. I could care less if an athlete or anyone else for that matter is gay. It is the year 2005, shouldn't we be over this whole topic now?

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Everlastingxxx said:
But i think generally, they gravitate to fashion or anything female related. I know because i am forced to watch some of my gf shows on TLC.

Wow -- what a good way to learn about gay people!

But really -- like any group, there is considerable variability in what gay men are interested in. I've had friends who were gay Marines, gay college professors, gay office workers, gay just about everything except fashion designers and hair stylists.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Portland Fanatic said:
I agree...this crap drives me nuts! I'm Repulican with four kids...the lines of morality and what's ok keep moving backwards IMO.

If it is a simple breakdown in the fabric of morality and no other factors influence it, how can our staunch conservative vice president have a gay daughter?

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Lifetimeboyzfan said:
Who friggin cares about someone's sexual preference? It is absolutely no one's business. I could care less if an athlete or anyone else for that matter is gay. It is the year 2005, shouldn't we be over this whole topic now?

Word.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Lifetimeboyzfan said:

Society is what it is, good or bad. The fact that this question is being asked would seem to indicate that Society is not ready to accept this. In short, the answer to your question is no.

It is still an issue with Society.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Everlastingxxx said:
You know what’s worse than these things?

...the Holier than Thou additude. Congrats.
Don't start, I'm not holier than anybody, I have just been taught right and wrong, ... thanks Mom & Dad ! (notice I didn't say Mom & Mom or Dad & Dad)

Portland Fanatic

Reaction score
Alexander said:
If it is a simple breakdown in the fabric of morality and no other factors influence it, how can our staunch conservative vice president have a gay daughter?

Here's the thing with that....I don't want to know! That's my main point.

The reason I throw out I'm repulican is that it usually on the conservative side...and that's how I am. Being Gay will not have boundries....but I just don't want to know!