Is it time to bench EZ?

I don’t know about benching Eze but I would like to see Lawrence get more reps. Would rather shave some of Gary’s reps.
 
Thats pretty much 90% of elite edge rushers.
Example?

Which "elite" edge rushers had 2.5 sacks in the first 21 games of their career?

Of course, it would be necessary to agree on the definition of "elite". I would say it is an edge rusher with multiple seasons of double-digit sacks and/or Pro Bowl selections as an edge rusher. Do you agree?

They should be very easy to find considering that 9 out of 10 of them fit this description, according to you.
 
I know EZ has been getting some pressure, but he rarely makes plays or has much impact considering he is getting lots of playing time. I would like to see Lawrence and Houston get more of EZ's time on the field. I think EZ is too weak and light to be playing the edge so much. He might be a better fit to play LB.
Who are you going to give those snaps too?

None of the other pass rushers are any better and most are worse.
 
trade for josh sweat.
I was on board with trading for Sweat in the off season because he had a great year in 2025, knew the Fangio/Parker anystem, wanted out of Arizona and wouldn’t cost a high draft pick. Maybe a third or fourth.

I’m a bit leery now and I’m concerned he’d just become an expensive version of what we already have.

2026 hasn’t been good. He showed he was at least alive in week four but he’s had a rough start. Only good news for someone wanting to trade for him is he’s now worth more like a 5th.

Worse though is that he has two years at $17m per. It’s not guaranteed but you still have to restructure and give him some guarantees.
 
Back
Top