Is Jerry Jones Influencing Zeke Investigation?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Owners complaining to Goodell is nothing new. It happens all the time. Former ESPN great and current radio host Dan Patrick made that point Thursday when discussing the Elliott situation.

Patrick's information was dead-on, I'm told. But the pressure on Goodell has been more intense than anyone knows, according to sources. That could be an exaggeration, no question. What's clear, however, is that some teams feel if it wasn't for Jones' power, Elliott would have faced punishment long ago.

That could easily be false. But some owners and others believe a double standard is in play.

Jones offered a striking defense of Elliott when he met with reporters at Cowboys camp Monday, saying, "I have reviewed everything and there is absolutely nothing—not one thing—that had anything to do with domestic violence."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...om&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I tend to find humor in these situations. We have many Cowboy fans who feel the League is out to get the Cowboys and yet on the other side those who think the Cowboys are somehow privileged and not being held to the same standards.

Myself I don't think Cowboys are treated special and not one to think the league is out to get them.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I tend to find humor in these situations. We have many Cowboy fans who feel the League is out to get the Cowboys and yet on the other side those who think the Cowboys are somehow privileged and not being held to the same standards.

Myself I don't think Cowboys are treated special and not one to think the league is out to get them.

Where are these fans at....seems many want our players punished to be on their high horse, holier than though attitude to say they told us so....rather rightfully so or not, they want the negative press to tout their own negative agendas

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Yes Jerry is telling Goodell to drag out the investigation to make sure he checks every inch available to find something worthy of suspension......because you know Jerry wants to make sure Zeke is suspended.

Who writes this crap. If anything Jerry and most people want this to conclude so punishment can be told and Zeke has the chance to appeal. Everybody but Dallas benefits from a long drawn out investigation

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think Mara has a view of his own but is only 1 of 32 owners

I think only 2 owners are concerned...Jerry and Mara...
The other 30 can care less. Except secretly a few hope it happens so they don't have to face Zeke, or it can give other teams a better chance at giving Dallas a few losses......LOL...Snyder and Lurie are 2 of them....

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Where are these fans at....seems many want our players punished to be on their high horse, holier than though attitude to say they told us so....rather rightfully so or not, they want the negative press to tout their own negative agendas

I have been at this sight long enough to know many feel the NFL and or refs are out to get them. I don't buy that one bit. I also do not think as other people from other teams feel the Cowboys are treated special. Cowboys draw a lot of attention that is reality anytime a Cowboy player is involved in anything it is headline news.

I am one who thinks as Calvin Hill once said that for NFL players the light shines bright on them and in Dallas that light is even brighter, players have to be mindful and careful of what they do.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Yes Jerry is telling Goodell to drag out the investigation to make sure he checks every inch available to find something worthy of suspension......because you know Jerry wants to make sure Zeke is suspended.

Who writes this crap. If anything Jerry and most people want this to conclude so punishment can be told and Zeke has the chance to appeal. Everybody but Dallas benefits from a long drawn out investigation

I agree with you there. Having an investigation is one thing, I would rather clear the air and move forward but the fact that it is now over a year and the investigation has been completed (at least according to some reports) there needs to be a final resolution.

Doomsday101

Reaction score

Fans from other teams feel the Cowboys are treated differently and somehow carry more favor with the NFL. Much like many feel that way about the Pats

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
I think Mara has a view of his own but is only 1 of 32 owners
I think you've been contrarian for the sake of being contrarian, lately, 101.

Mara, no doubt, is one of the most powerful owners in sports, let alone the NFL. Where Jerry uses his energy for marketing, Mara uses his for political gain within the league. He was behind our and the Commanders CAP penalty. Collusion much? He was behind the Zeke witch hunt (while harboring a repeated woman beater on his squad, and waxing poetic about it at the same time).

Mara is a pillar within the league. He calls some shots he shouldn't be calling. It is what it is, 101.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think you've been contrarian for the sake of being contrarian, lately, 101.

Mara, no doubt, is one of the most powerful owners in sports, let alone the NFL. Where Jerry uses his energy for marketing, Mara uses his for political gain within the league. He was behind our and the Commanders CAP penalty. Collusion much? He was behind the Zeke witch hunt (while harboring a repeated woman beater on his squad, and waxing poetic about it at the same time).

Mara is a pillar within the league. He calls some shots he shouldn't be calling. It is what it is, 101.

well stated

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
I think only 2 owners are concerned...Jerry and Mara...
The other 30 can care less. Except secretly a few hope it happens so they don't have to face Zeke, or it can give other teams a better chance at giving Dallas a few losses......LOL...Snyder and Lurie are 2 of them....

Jazz - have you seen the reports of a Jerry and Bob Kraft meeting where Kraft told Jerry in no uncertain terms if he could do it over again he would've fought the NFL tooth and nail on Brady. He told Jerry to do the same thing with Zeke. Apparently, that conversation really had an impact on Jerry so I think he's going to the wall on this one.

It just feels like the league boxed themselves in. Because they took A FULL YEAR to investigate something that police did in two months and still there's not a shred of evidence of any wrongdoing, they have to justify their resources so they don't look like idiots - thus a suspension.

If they give Zeke two games I think Jerry is going to explode and he's got the NFLPA on his side to boot. He will appeal and appeal and appeal and it will go tot he courts. Meanwhile, Zeke plays and plays and plays and the league looks worse and worse and worse.

Also, you would get testimony from both Goodell and Lisa Friel (if she can drag herself out of her Giants shrine in her house - for those who don't know she's the head of Domestic Abuse for the league and yes - she has a Giants shrine). I'd love to see what they hang their hat on.

I think that's how it's going down - we'll see.

HanD

Reaction score
"Throughout the Elliott investigation, other owners have contacted NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell and stated he's being too soft on the Cowboys regarding Elliott because of Jones' popularity, several team sources explained."

seems to me that owners should worry about their own teams when it comes to player punishment. lobbying for another team's player to get a harsh punishment is sticking your nose in someone else's business IMO.