Is Jerry Jones Influencing Zeke Investigation?

diefree666

Reaction score
Jazz - have you seen the reports of a Jerry and Bob Kraft meeting where Kraft told Jerry in no uncertain terms if he could do it over again he would've fought the NFL tooth and nail on Brady. He told Jerry to do the same thing with Zeke. Apparently, that conversation really had an impact on Jerry so I think he's going to the wall on this one.

It just feels like the league boxed themselves in. Because they took A FULL YEAR to investigate something that police did in two months and still there's not a shred of evidence of any wrongdoing, they have to justify their resources so they don't look like idiots - thus a suspension.

If they give Zeke two games I think Jerry is going to explode and he's got the NFLPA on his side to boot. He will appeal and appeal and appeal and it will go tot he courts. Meanwhile, Zeke plays and plays and plays and the league looks worse and worse and worse.

Also, you would get testimony from both Goodell and Lisa Friel (if she can drag herself out of her Giants shrine in her house - for those who don't know she's the head of Domestic Abuse for the league and yes - she has a Giants shrine). I'd love to see what they hang their hat on.

I think that's how it's going down - we'll see.

These so called investigators had nothing else to do but work this case. That is what the NFL claims; that there is a separate team for each player. So in ONE FULL YEAR these so called investigators have not wrapped it up yet? TOTAL HORSE CRAP.

Lets say that dragging everyone in they could think of they interviewed say 50 people. It takes what to do that- maybe a month or two for a dedicated team? After that you compare all the stories and MAYBE go back and talk to a couple of them again. Maybe another month at most. Then with what you are able to get from the cops and where the so called incident happened you put it all together and make a decision. So 4-5 months AT MOST is what it should have taken.

HanD

Reaction score
Jazz - have you seen the reports of a Jerry and Bob Kraft meeting where Kraft told Jerry in no uncertain terms if he could do it over again he would've fought the NFL tooth and nail on Brady. He told Jerry to do the same thing with Zeke. Apparently, that conversation really had an impact on Jerry so I think he's going to the wall on this one.

It just feels like the league boxed themselves in. Because they took A FULL YEAR to investigate something that police did in two months and still there's not a shred of evidence of any wrongdoing, they have to justify their resources so they don't look like idiots - thus a suspension.

If they give Zeke two games I think Jerry is going to explode and he's got the NFLPA on his side to boot. He will appeal and appeal and appeal and it will go tot he courts. Meanwhile, Zeke plays and plays and plays and the league looks worse and worse and worse.

Also, you would get testimony from both Goodell and Lisa Friel (if she can drag herself out of her Giants shrine in her house - for those who don't know she's the head of Domestic Abuse for the league and yes - she has a Giants shrine). I'd love to see what they hang their hat on.

I think that's how it's going down - we'll see.

i'd love to read more on this if you have a link.

NEODOG

44cowboys22
Reaction score
I think you've been contrarian for the sake of being contrarian, lately, 101.

Mara, no doubt, is one of the most powerful owners in sports, let alone the NFL. Where Jerry uses his energy for marketing, Mara uses his for political gain within the league. He was behind our and the Commanders CAP penalty. Collusion much? He was behind the Zeke witch hunt (while harboring a repeated woman beater on his squad, and waxing poetic about it at the same time).

Mara is a pillar within the league. He calls some shots he shouldn't be calling. It is what it is, 101.

Exactly, Mara is pissed about the Brown incident and basically hates that Redneck JJ

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
It's a battle of wills.

The Commish is delaying his response to keep Jerry uncomfortable, anxious, guessing, and to save face.

Jerry continues to voice his opinion concerning the facts so people (the media) do not forget Zeke was never charged anything.

All my opinions, of course; I seriously doubt Zeke will receive any punishment at this point with Dallas so close to the HOF game and Jerry being one of the inductees. How bad would it look for the NFL if Jerry and Roger get into it the week prior to the beginning of the football season?

Last edited:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
It's obvious that it's the Giants owner pushing this with us playing them week 1 and all.

I don't know why any other team would worry about Zeke.

I doubt very seriously that Jerry got involved in deflate gate and tried to persuade Goodell one way or another.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
All my opinions, of course; I seriously doubt Zeke will receive any punishment at this point with Dallas so close to the HOF game and Jerry being one of the inductees. How bad would it look for the NFL if Jerry and Roger get into the week prior to the beginning of the football season?

Or right before Jerry is inducted into the HOF.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I'm as critical as anyone about Zeke and his immaturity and lack of judgment.

But damned if I can point to anything worthy of suspension.

Jerry is right on this.

Zeke is a Grade A knucklehead and on the road to being suspended but he has done nothing that the fans or media know of that is worthy of a suspension.

erod

Reaction score
Zeke is a Grade A knucklehead and on the road to being suspended but he has done nothing that the fans or media know of that is worthy of a suspension.
To me, the only thing possible is if he's in the substance program, and we are not aware of it.

The rest is general tomfoolery that needs a firm warning and nothing more.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
If Jones had nearly the amount of power with the league office as some people think, he would not have been bent over in the Miles Austin uncapped year nonsense.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
If Jones had nearly the amount of power with the league office as some people think, he would not have been bent over in the Miles Austin uncapped year nonsense.
He could have fought it but he caved in because it would have hurt the owners in the long run. Jerry took one for the team. And the other owners knew he would do this.Al Davis wouldn't have put up with that. Jerry Better not give in this time.

RS12

Reaction score
NFLPA is to blame IMO. Whoever allowed Godell to be judge, jury and executioner on discipline during the last collective bargaining agreement should be fired. Seems like they were so worried about revenue splits that they overlooked a few important details and this is the result.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
He could have fought it but he caved in because it would have hurt the owners in the long run. Jerry took one for the team. And the other owners knew he would do this. Better not this time.
Even though Goodell is technically what amounts to an employee of the owners, there are still some very powerful owners, like Jones and Bob Kraft, who have been popped severely by the league office.