Is Jerry Jones Influencing Zeke Investigation?

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Even though Goodell is technically what amounts to an employee of the owners, there are still some very powerful owners, like Jones and Bob Kraft, who have been popped severely by the league office.
And I think Kraft was lied too by the league regarding Brady. Roger is making some enemies.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I don't think Jerry is influencing the investigation but I do think he is influencing the league to think twice before coming down on Zeke.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Owners complaining to Goodell is nothing new. It happens all the time. Former ESPN great and current radio host Dan Patrick made that point Thursday when discussing the Elliott situation.

Patrick's information was dead-on, I'm told. But the pressure on Goodell has been more intense than anyone knows, according to sources. That could be an exaggeration, no question. What's clear, however, is that some teams feel if it wasn't for Jones' power, Elliott would have faced punishment long ago.

That could easily be false. But some owners and others believe a double standard is in play.

Jones offered a striking defense of Elliott when he met with reporters at Cowboys camp Monday, saying, "I have reviewed everything and there is absolutely nothing—not one thing—that had anything to do with domestic violence."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...om&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial
I'd say, if anything, the opposite is true.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
To me, the only thing possible is if he's in the substance program, and we are not aware of it.

The rest is general tomfoolery that needs a firm warning and nothing more.

Yeah but even if he's in the substance program he has to fail the test 4 or 5 times before he gets a suspension.

I can't imagine him being in the substance program already.

erod

Reaction score
Yeah but even if he's in the substance program he has to fail the test 4 or 5 times before he gets a suspension.

I can't imagine him being in the substance program already.
I wonder if that text got him in. I'm just saying, if he has 2-3 strikes, we wouldn't know about it.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I wonder if that text got him in. I'm just saying, if he has 2-3 strikes, we wouldn't know about it.

You're right that we wouldn't know about it but I can't imagine that it's legal to put someone in that program based on their words and not actual testing.

erod

Reaction score
You're right that we wouldn't know about it but I can't imagine that it's legal to put someone in that program based on their words and not actual testing.
The NFL isn't required to follow the law regarding this stuff, so that wouldn't matter.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
No Jerry is not....Mara is influencing it as well as that biased Gints fan Friel....they are keeping it going in a negative way....

The notion that Jerry has no influence is laughable. He owns the richest franchise in sports, not just the NFL.

erod

Reaction score
Owners have an unstated agreement not to openly complain about the league's decision on suspensions. "We respect the league's decision, and we'll adhere to it." That is the general response.

However, Kraft threw that out the window last year. And I think Jerry sees and senses Mara's arm-twisting in the background, and there's no coincidence that the Cowboys keep playing the Giants in Week One. Mara wants to benefit from any and all Cowboys suspensions, and Goodell is right down the street from him.

Jerry has probably made it known that he won't go quietly on this if they overreach here.

I think the league has waited so long in hopes of another Zeke incident (which he keeps giving them, but not with enough meat) to justify a suspension for his whole list of silly actions.

That's my take. I think Zeke is going to skate this time, but I also think he's going to get suspended at least once later down the road.

links18

Reaction score
The cops are influencing it by determining he did nothing wrong. Damn cops, always meddling in things.

Its not the cops' job to determine if he did something "wrong;" its their job to determine if he did something illegal.

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
Conspiracy Theory: the NFL has long ago concluded their investigation and found nothing worthy of suspension. They are keeping this investigation on Zeke open...at the request of the Cowboys.

Think about it...as long as this investigation is on going, Zeke will think twice about his actions - knowing that another misstep will take him away from the game he loves.

Sounds cruel, but that actually benefits the Cowboys in a twisted kind of way by keeping Zeke in check.

/end of unfounded rant :D

erod

Reaction score
Conspiracy Theory: the NFL has long ago concluded their investigation and found nothing worthy of suspension. They are keeping this investigation on Zeke open...at the request of the Cowboys.

Think about it...as long as this investigation is on going, Zeke will think twice about his actions - knowing that another misstep will take him away from the game he loves.

Sounds cruel, but that actually benefits the Cowboys in a twisted kind of way by keeping Zeke in check.

/end of unfounded rant :D

Sounds good, except Zeke has had a list incidents during the investigation, so it isn't working.

diefree666

Reaction score
The NFL isn't required to follow the law regarding this stuff, so that wouldn't matter.
actually the whole drug program is very specifically outlined. You have to test positive or have been convicted of drug use to be in the program. Just talk will not do it. This is something no one can do much about- Goodell or the NFLPA.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Its not the cops' job to determine if he did something "wrong;" its their job to determine if he did something illegal.

So the NFL is the morality police now? Have you seen the players in the NFL? Most of them have a hard time following the actual laws. Why create imaginary ones too?

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Fans from other teams feel the Cowboys are treated differently and somehow carry more favor with the NFL. Much like many feel that way about the Pats

Yet, the Cowboys have had the most games missed by suspended players in the entire league in recent years.

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
who are these owners? i'd love to know..

yeah, Jerry and his cowboys sure got some special treatment when Goodell and the NFL retroactively penalized the cowboys for going over the cap in an UNCAPPED season

how bout all that special treatment they received in Hardy's suspension, even though the evidence in that case was shaky at best

Romo getting his fantasy football convention shut down for completely ridiculous reasons? so much special treatment!