Is McCarthy on the hot seat this year?

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
I wasn't crazy about the McCarthy hire, but fans thinking changing coaches every 1-2 years is the solution are forgetting the same guys will keep doing the hiring. Keeping JG for a decade was nuts, but flip-flopping coaches every 1-2 years is as well.

They gave him a five-year contract and there are a million excuses for 2020 - some of them legitimate, to be fair. No way does he get fired after this season.

I agree with this. IMO a head coach should have a 5-year window to produce a championship team or a team that is of championship caliber. Firing a coach after 2 seasons would normally be premature, the exception being if there were extraordinary circumstances such as total incompetence or doing something inappropriate or illegal. I don't want this team to ever have a revolving door at head coach.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I agree with this. IMO a head coach should have a 5-year window to produce a championship team or a team that is of championship caliber. Firing a coach after 2 seasons would normally be premature, the exception being if there were extraordinary circumstances such as total incompetence or doing something inappropriate or illegal. I don't want this team to ever have a revolving door at head coach.
Some of those 4th down calls last year should have been illegal. Lol

blueblood70

Reaction score
Injuries including Daks devastating season ending pretty well saved our HC from being held directly accountable for a disappointing year.

Instead with a poor defensive year after several personnel moves losing starters to FA and signing others in FA , the personal moves and coaching schemes was a total failure. Hence a coaching change on defense.

Now that Dak has been signed and our franchise QB is secured our expectations should be back to where they were when we decided this team was under achieving with the base of talent they had.

It’s why we brought in a proven HC like McCarthy because we believed this team should be advancing further and expected to win now.

So, has anything changed ? Are our expectations still the same as last year ?

How do we measure whether McCarthy is getting the most out of the talent base we have . The talent we thought should be taking us further than it did in 2019 and 8-8.

dak and 16 other injurie's, playing with 3rd string ol , 4 QBs, and a FA class that was cut at the BYE and using street FA to cover those holes plus many injuries' over there as well on defense. Yes injuries' saved him, why would he be accountable for all that and finishing one game back of the mighty WEFT team that fans are drooling over..if anything Rivera should be fired for not dominating the east, i mean he wins by one game playing mostly backups on the other teams??

MM should not even have been considered being fired, period..expectations are always high its playoff win or he may be on the hot seat but if dak goes down again and we have lost half our starters again,. who can coach that BB was 7-9 SF was bad we beat them, why? Injurie's and missing players thats why..

people say dont use those excuses, really? those are valid reasons not excuses..

blueblood70

Reaction score
Some of those 4th down calls last year should have been illegal. Lol
desperate situations ie times calls for desperate measures, why not take those risks seems odd at the time but those few extra games we lost were not tanking but helped get us to at least 10th in round 1..in the end its moot argument..he felt they needed to go outside the box to win with bad roster he had to use..

Diehardblues

Reaction score
desperate situations ie times calls for desperate measures, why not take those risks seems odd at the time but those few extra games we lost were not tanking but helped get us to at least 10th in round 1..in the end its moot argument..he felt they needed to go outside the box to win with bad roster he had to use..
Grammar and paragraphs can be your friend .

Diehardblues

Reaction score
dak and 16 other injurie's, playing with 3rd string ol , 4 QBs, and a FA class that was cut at the BYE and using street FA to cover those holes plus many injuries' over there as well on defense. Yes injuries' saved him, why would he be accountable for all that and finishing one game back of the mighty WEFT team that fans are drooling over..if anything Rivera should be fired for not dominating the east, i mean he wins by one game playing mostly backups on the other teams??

MM should not even have been considered being fired, period..expectations are always high its playoff win or he may be on the hot seat but if dak goes down again and we have lost half our starters again,. who can coach that BB was 7-9 SF was bad we beat them, why? Injurie's and missing players thats why..

people say dont use those excuses, really? those are valid reasons not excuses..
I appreciate the response but too difficult to read. Grammar and paragraphs can be your friend.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I appreciate the response but too difficult to read. Grammar and paragraphs can be your friend.
I dont give chat dude, get over it!!

this is a text type of situation and ill use TEXT rules, not doing to clean up any of my …they will spill out and hit send..not here for your benefit or to be graded..

blueblood70

Reaction score
One liners are readable in this text style messaging but not acceptable otherwise.
you dont make the rules!

So take that attitude of constantly correcting others and shove it where the sun dont shine. Its actually not agood look, total DB personality. Bet you are fun at parties..

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
I am afraid MM will be here for the duration of his contract at least... then if change is needed, Jerry has his next puppet in place at OC. The next great JG. That should get us to the year 2030, with Jerry old as dirt. Sorry, lemme go take another one, two, ten shots of tequila, senor.

Mr_Strol

Reaction score
He should have been fired for his time management in the final game of the season.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
So, we’ll be more content with mediocrity as long as we have more proven coaching?

Being as how we were less than mediocre last year, being mediocre or slightly better in 2021 would probably seem an improvement. Being considerably better than mediocre would be like a major blessing from the Football Gods. Funny how low expectations affect us with such a better state of mind when they're eventually exceeded. I'll be surprised if we're not at least somewhat better by the end of the coming season, though. 2020 was the pits! ;)

Last edited: