Is Moore everthing that Garrett was supposed to be?

Brax

Reaction score
The article was an interesting read. I have to admit watching our last so called "genius" for about 12 years has left me skeptical of unproven geniuses. Nevertheless I have to agree with you, I can't picture Garrett sitting around studying the X's and O's like what they said about Moore.
When Garrett settles on a game plan, that is THE game plan. Plan A is plain old vanilla; There's no plan B, and no adjustments.

So I hope Moore has a free hand to run his own Goffense and ditch Garrett's vanilla Noffense.
I guess it's a chance we have to take.
I guess the boy genius had no input into the offense for the last few years, everyone ignored his genius last year in Dallas, now he is the savior. Do not know if he is good or bad, only time will tell but it should make every one really wonder why his talent (if any) wasn't tapped long before this.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
The more I read about Moore the more I like him. The problem for me hearing about a new young offensive genius was that this was exactly what we heard about Garrett. We all know how that turned out. But Garrett was a smart guy so everyone simply assumed that would translate into being a football genius. Which it definitely hasn't. The more I read about Moore the more it seems that he has what Garrett is lacking. That football intelligence and inquisitive creative mind. Lets just hope they give him autonomy.

http://www.espn.com/blog/dallas-cow...from-a-kid-collecting-playbooks-to-cowboys-oc

Answer: Ask me after the first 6 games in 2019. If his offenses average as many PPG as Garrett's, when he was OC from 2007-2013, I'll be happy. An extra 7 points/game should make us contenders with our D

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I’ve always said kid was football smart. Wish he had worked with better coaches than Scott and JG. Wish he was working for a different coach that might would give him free reign over the offense I just have a feeling JG’s thumb print will be there. Wish he had spent a few more years as a QB coach. I am very interested in seeing what he brings to the table

I agree. We heard the same thing when Linehan came on board. I tend to agree with you but who knows right? We really won't be able to tell until he is actually in the job for a couple of seasons, I would think.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
I guess the boy genius had no input into the offense for the last few years, everyone ignored his genius last year in Dallas, now he is the savior. Do not know if he is good or bad, only time will tell but it should make every one really wonder why his talent (if any) wasn't tapped long before this.

Good points Brax. I don't know if he's as sharp as they say or not, but we didn't have any choice. We've got him whether we like it or not,
so I'm hoping for the best.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Good points Brax. I don't know if he's as sharp as they say or not, but we didn't have any choice. We've got him whether we like it or not,
so I'm hoping for the best.

Because the idiot Garrett and the idiot Linehan were in control of the offense.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Moore's evaluation and Garrett's evaluation sound similar:

Nick Saban said of Garrett "So I didn't really want to do it. I fought it. But finally we were at the Senior Bowl and Jason happened to be there and I said, 'OK, I'll talk to the guy now. ' So I talked to Jason Garrett for about five minutes and I knew that this is the right guy to be with. I couldn't believe the level of intelligence, the level of understanding that he had of what it took to develop a quarterback, the fundamental understanding that he had from the good coaches I guess he had as a player and being a bright guy. He took all those things with him and he did a really, really good job for us."

Kirby Smart said of Garrett "He's a hell of a competitor,'" Smart said. "He's got the best stop jump shot I have ever seen. He's hard to defend. Tall. Athletic." And what else?
"Intelligent," he said. "Super intelligent. Very organized."

So Moore is the next Jerry Jones wonder boy to replace the two 4 time Super Bowl Cowboy winning Head Coaches named Tom Landry and Jimmy Johnson that Jerry Jones fired. How has that worked so far?

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score

Nick Saban said of Garrett "So I didn't really want to do it. I fought it. But finally we were at the Senior Bowl and Jason happened to be there and I said, 'OK, I'll talk to the guy now. ' So I talked to Jason Garrett for about five minutes and I knew that this is the right guy to be with. I couldn't believe the level of intelligence, the level of understanding that he had of what it took to develop a quarterback, the fundamental understanding that he had from the good coaches I guess he had as a player and being a bright guy. He took all those things with him and he did a really, really good job for us."

Kirby Smart said of Garrett "He's a hell of a competitor,'" Smart said. "He's got the best stop jump shot I have ever seen. He's hard to defend. Tall. Athletic." And what else?

So Moore is the next Jerry Jones wonder boy to replace the two 4 time Super Bowl Cowboy winning Head Coaches named Tom Landry and Jimmy Johnson that Jerry Jones fired. How has that worked so far?
Yeah, but... does Moore have that stop jump shot?

Buzzbait

Reaction score

Yeah, too bad all that brilliance didn't translate into a brilliant football HC.