Is Pollard the best RB in the league?

cristglo

Reaction score
If not he's a min top 3.....No way he's leaving

BTW side note...The Titans and Giants are wearing the hell out of Henry and Barkley. Giants and Barkley have DeMarco Murray written all over it.

He and Zeke complement each other very well. Take the money you were going to pay to get OBJ and resign him!

starfan1

Reaction score
Damn right Ronnie.

Check Henry game when they gave him 13 carries. ,,28 yards.

Most games he gets 25+....no matter ave.

Zeke haters are nuts. Bug freak nuts.

For someone that just can’t stand that word you sure use it alot when it comes to zeke

you talk about stats and the one that I see you pinpoint the most is that we don’t give zeke the ball enough and that the only reason the other rbs have better stats is they get the ball more ( I’m paraphrasing). And while I admit that kellen has not used zeke appropriately when he has used running backs on our team rb 2 has surpassed rb1 as a more effective option . I’m just grateful for both.

you spent a lot of time early on telling us about this generational talent that we have in zeke and we are so lucky to have him and that he is so good at everything and while I’m ok with him to me he’s just another guy. He’s a bulldozer but nothing that makes me go man we got to give this guy the ball every down
I hope going down the stretch kellen moore commits to the run more and not try and be tricky and I hope that zeke and pollard are pivotal moving forward as we need both
Had we ran the ball at the right time yesterday Dak may have had 1 less interception. But that’s on our qb1
We all don’t need to revere zeke like you and Ronnie do. Just because we don’t doesn’t mean we’re haters in most cases. (CR may be the exception)

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don’t see Zeke on this list……..:huh:

StuckMojo

Reaction score
Pollard got the carries yesterday but Moore didn’t utilize him much in passing game. He needs to be schemed to have LBs trying to cover him. Although Dak did miss seeing him wide open in end zone when he tried the tough pass to Lamb

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For someone that just can’t stand that word you sure use it alot when it comes to zeke

you talk about stats and the one that I see you pinpoint the most is that we don’t give zeke the ball enough and that the only reason the other rbs have better stats is they get the ball more ( I’m paraphrasing). And while I admit that kellen has not used zeke appropriately when he has used running backs on our team rb 2 has surpassed rb1 as a more effective option . I’m just grateful for both.

you spent a lot of time early on telling us about this generational talent that we have in zeke and we are so lucky to have him and that he is so good at everything and while I’m ok with him to me he’s just another guy. He’s a bulldozer but nothing that makes me go man we got to give this guy the ball every down
I hope going down the stretch kellen moore commits to the run more and not try and be tricky and I hope that zeke and pollard are pivotal moving forward as we need both
Had we ran the ball at the right time yesterday Dak may have had 1 less interception. But that’s on our qb1
We all don’t need to revere zeke like you and Ronnie do. Just because we don’t doesn’t mean we’re haters in most cases. (CR may be the exception)
I won;t go into zeke any further than I already have....Henry and his team PROVE....you feed the big RB...NEALRY 30 CARRIES! and a measely 3.1 ypc. And I used him because the zeke.... critics gush all over him.

And no...I do not like using the term "hater". The main reason being people use it far too often and incorrectly. I certainly *will* use the term "hater" when fans say "zeke sucks...he's done...he is sht". It is simply not true....and anyone who says that kind of crap is clearly hating because they think it makes them cool . Heck even the money thing is ridiculous to incessantly harp on, although I would not use the term on them.

I wouldn't take it so personal...but hey...you are welcome to come at me any and every time I make a zeke comment. It's all good.

superonyx

Reaction score
Yards per carry is the gold standard in measuring running backs.

The platinum standard? Yards after contact per carry. There again Pollard is in top 3 of all backs over past three seasons.

We know the facts offend the fans who bought a Zeke uni, or have a "feed-me" fetish.
Its this type of mentality that is disappointing to hear from Cowboys fans. This false narrative that in order to appreciate Zeke you have to hate Pollard or vise versa.
It's a 13 year olds mentality. The xbox vs PlayStation crowd. McDonalds vs BK.
It reeks of insecurity.

I love Pollard and love watching him get the ball. I also love Zeke and love watching him get the ball.
You guys have become so tribal you need to label and fight non stop.

Come to a cowboys fan forum this morning after a great win and half the post are people calling each other childish names like Zekeoids or Dakstans or whatever names a bunch of middle school kids use to annoy each other and allow themselves to feel better about the idea some may not agree with them.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Pollard got the carries yesterday but Moore didn’t utilize him much in passing game. He needs to be schemed to have LBs trying to cover him. Although Dak did miss seeing him wide open in end zone when he tried the tough pass to Lamb
Giants game plan sent 1 more than we could block forcing DAL to keep RB in or make the very quick pass.
It is also what Tampa did to TP and it reduces his effectiveness because he isn't a good blocker and RB routes take time.

Also the trick play stuff isn't working.
Just line up Zeke at FB and TP at HB when you want both in the game.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Giants game plan sent 1 more than we could block forcing DAL to keep RB in or make the very quick pass.
It is also what Tampa did to TP and it reduces his effectiveness because he isn't a good blocker and RB routes take time.

Also the trick play stuff isn't working.
Just line up Zeke at FB and TP at HB when you want both in the game.

He was good yesterday though. I only counted one time when he missed his assignment .. There may have been others but I didn't notice them. I did notice on at least two occasions him throwing his body in between the blitzer and Dak allowed Dak to get the ball away and the result was a completed pass. Now the beating he took on those MIGHT explain why he was a little less explosive than his usual self in that game. And the fact that they spared Zeke a lot of that beating helped him be MORE explosive than usual. I hear tell those hits taken while blocking hurt even more than getting tackled and take a toll on the back over time.. But it's just a theory.. :cool:

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Its this type of mentality that is disappointing to hear from Cowboys fans. This false narrative that in order to appreciate Zeke you have to hate Pollard or vise versa.
It's a 13 year olds mentality. The xbox vs PlayStation crowd. McDonalds vs BK.
It reeks of insecurity.

I love Pollard and love watching him get the ball. I also love Zeke and love watching him get the ball.
You guys have become so tribal you need to label and fight non stop.

Come to a cowboys fan forum this morning after a great win and half the post are people calling each other childish names like Zekeoids or Dakstans or whatever names a bunch of middle school kids use to annoy each other and allow themselves to feel better about the idea some may not agree with them.
Very much this.
It is pretty clear the team needs both guys.
You don't want Zeke running 25 times.
You don't want TP running 20 times.

There is no such thing as single back systems anymore.

These guys together are the best RB duo and that can take this team far.
A fresher Zeke can drag guys 3 yards per play.
A fresher TP can go get you 20 on any given carry.
Its a great combo.

Hopefully DAL can bring both back next year but we better enjoy this duo while we can. They could BOTH be gone.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
He was good yesterday though. I only counted one time when he missed his assignment .. There may have been others but I didn't notice them. I did notice on at least two occasions him throwing his body in between the blitzer and Dak allowed Dak to get the ball away and the result was a completed pass. Now the beating he took on those MIGHT explain why he was a little less explosive than his usual self in that game. And the fact that they spared Zeke a lot of that beating helped him be MORE explosive than usual. I hear tell those hits taken while blocking hurt even more than getting tackled and take a toll on the back over time.. But it's just a theory.. :cool:
He didn't blow any assignments for sure but its just his body size,
TP is a small guy.
So you'd much rather have him out in patterns but Dallas only had 3 RB pass attmepts yesterday and they went for like 5 yards total because it was instant out with a free rusher.

He has lost a little burst over the last couple weeks as his carries spiked upwards but he gets 10 days of now.
I'd get him back to that 12-15 carry range until I had to ride him in the playoffs.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
He didn't blow any assignments for sure but its just his body size,
TP is a small guy.
So you'd much rather have him out in patterns but Dallas only had 3 RB pass attmepts yesterday and they went for like 5 yards total because it was instant out with a free rusher.

He has lost a little burst over the last couple weeks as his carries spiked upwards but he gets 10 days of now.
I'd get him back to that 12-15 carry range until I had to ride him in the playoffs

This is absolutely logical and I hope they follow this approach. Most sane fans have maintained Pollard's gaudy ypc would come down with more load and it has. Once he returns to the change up back role I think his big plays will come back and his ypc will return to normal. Then the "dump Zeke" chorus will start all over again. You can't escape it. I wish they would have left Pollard as the starter for a couple more games and brought Zeke in off the bench just so we could see Zeke getting the bigger plays and the higher ypc. The gyrations from the Zeke-hater crowd would have been high comedy.

But enough of that. Our favorite team is back on a win streak, our backs are running it well, our QB is throwing it well and our receivers are catching it well. And the defense is back to smothering people. Let us rejoice and be thankful!!!

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
This is absolutely logical and I hope they follow this approach. Most sane fans have maintained Pollard's gaudy ypc would come down with more load and it has. Once he returns to the change up back role I think his big plays will come back and his ypc will return to normal. Then the "dump Zeke" chorus will start all over again. You can't escape it. I wish they would have left Pollard as the starter for a couple more games and brought Zeke in off the bench just so we could see Zeke getting the bigger plays and the higher ypc. The gyrations from the Zeke-hater crowd would have been high comedy.

But enough of that. Our favorite team is back on a win streak, our backs are running it well, our QB is throwing it well and our receivers are catching it well. And the defense is back to smothering people. Let us rejoice and be thankful!!!
I honestly gave up long ago on many/most fans using any sense of logic much having football IQ.
Its hard to tell who is even serious much less who really makes any relevant points.

TP is averaging 69 yards a game, Zeke 64. You put that together and you can win a lot of games.

DAL faced the defensive scheme that has given them the most issues all year and they solved it big time in the 2nd half.
Thats the key to me as they will face this again in the playoffs if not versus Philly.

starfan1

Reaction score
No...exactly the opposite of that. "with care"...

So what's up? Not too friendly this morning.
Nothings up never is . Most of what you’re reading is responses from what you posted after I went to bed last night. I do however think you are no different than the rest of us. Try with all your might to find some stat out there to support your stances

I’m also not sure where you get that 3.1 per carry stat unless it’s a 1 game example
Most of what I seen is higher than that . Even if we look at the entire careers of both them there nothing that tells me zeke was the best choice but that’s spilled milk at this point .

I think many RBs could have put up zeke numbers here if not exceeded them . The line was and is key.
When injuries to the line rears head so does that coincide with declines in both Dak and rb1 production

I still think this line was best 16-18 when we had Leary and before Tyron was hurt all the time and before Travis decline

I will go as far as agreeing with you that part of the whole zeke debate has to come with kellen Moore’s misuse and perhaps he would be better served in Tennessee

You and Ronnie and jazz are 3 that come to mind as his biggest fans and are adamant on if we run him 30 times he’ll get better as the game goes

me personally don’t know how that helps us if we’re having to punt from not getting first downs

I hate it when moore gets cute and I thought yesterday was an opportunity to give zeke more carry’s than pollard he looked good

Our coaches are horrible at in game situational calls and adjustments