Is Rock 'n Roll dead?

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
I'm old and have always been a huge rock 'n roll fan. I know there's a bunch of dudes like myself on here so is there any hope? Maybe nostalgic kids'? Give me some recent songs! The best I can come up with is Shinedown and Avenged Sevenfold in the last 10 years.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
If memory serves correct Frank Zappa said something to the effect of, rock isn't dead it just smells different.
57 years old here and prefer the older stuff.
I told my wife to bury me with a copy of Dark Side of the Moon, that way wherever i go at least I'll have something great to listen to.

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
If memory serves correct Frank Zappa said something to the effect of, rock isn't dead it just smells different.
57 years old here and prefer the older stuff.
I told my wife to bury me with a copy of Dark Side of the Moon, that way wherever i go at least I'll have something great to listen to.
Totally respect that brother. Zappa reference only adds to it

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score

Here's another good modern band.

I remember when they hit the scene a few years ago, the first thing and the most noticeable thing was how similar to early Zeppelin they sounded. From the singers vocals that are obvious nods to Robert Plants vocal inflections to the guitar player{in this very tune}lifting direct guitar lines from Zep's the Rover. Even the drummer plays a kit like Bonzo did, with of course adding the infamous "Bonzo triplets".
Not trying to rain on anyone's parade, just my 0.2.