Is Rock 'n Roll dead?

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
Gonna continue to derail this thread. I talk about Ozzy in a lot of these threads but everyone deserves to watch Randy Rhodes absolutely destroy the guitar in this video. Would have been one of the all-time greats if he hadn't died so young. I wear that red jumpsuit the bass player has when I go for breakfast. That's just me.

Rustinpeace21

Reaction score

Dunno if these guys were mentioned yet, but I’d say Volbeat is probably my favorite rock band of the last 10 years or so.

European band, but they do a great job mixing Metallica-esque metal with Elvis/Johnny Cash type rock and roll. This isn’t their biggest song, but it’s one of the new ones.

Passepartout

Reaction score
I love the oldies but goodies and really no offense to fans like of Katy Perry as really stopped listening to current music in the early to mid 1990's. Just saying!

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I consider myself a time traveler when it comes to music. I don’t care for much of what’s coming out today. It’s more business than art.

The older I get, the further back in time my tastes go. Right now, I mainly listen to 40’s big band and swing and 50’s on 5 on SiriusXM radio. That music and the messages behind it gets me moving and puts a smile on my face.
I have the 40's channel as one of my preselects in my car. Of course, 2 jazz stations, BB King's bluesville, classic rock, classic vinyl, deep tracks, 70's channel, and Frank Sinatra channel.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I went to the Rock and Roll HOF yesterday. It was super fun!
I wanted to get there last August. went to Columbus with my son. Was going to go to the NFL HOF then to RR HOF, but just didn't have the time.
Maybe if he goes to his convention again this year, will plan to do that.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have the 40's channel as one of my preselects in my car. Of course, 2 jazz stations, BB King's bluesville, classic rock, classic vinyl, deep tracks, 70's channel, and Frank Sinatra channel.
You have excellent taste!
:yourock:

About my only two different presets from yours are NFL Radio and 50’s Gold.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You have excellent taste!
:yourock:

About my only two different presets from yours are NFL Radio and 50’s Gold.
The bar I go to on Fridays. We meet up to play some dominos, then about 7, start the juke box. A few people are of course C&W fans, but myself and a few others tell them, we are about to educate you in real music.
Play the classic rock songs and some newer stuff also. 80's and 90's rock. I will throw in a Miles Davis tune at times also. Some will play Alice In Chains, Shinedown.
Grand Funk Railroad and Led Zeppelin gets played a lot. one friend and I always play something to try to stump the other as to who the band is. We usually get it right.

But now I have some new stuff to play. Will look to see if it has the Marcus King Band I seen in this thread.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The bar I go to on Fridays. We meet up to play some dominos, then about 7, start the juke box. A few people are of course C&W fans, but myself and a few others tell them, we are about to educate you in real music.
Play the classic rock songs and some newer stuff also. 80's and 90's rock. I will throw in a Miles Davis tune at times also. Some will play Alice In Chains, Shinedown.
Grand Funk Railroad and Led Zeppelin gets played a lot. one friend and I always play something to try to stump the other as to who the band is. We usually get it right.

But now I have some new stuff to play. Will look to see if it has the Marcus King Band I seen in this thread.
We used to have a place like that close by, just two minutes down the road. But the recent health crisis did them in and it’s about to be a Car Wash.

:(

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
One of the best songs ever....

Fun little story about the origins of the song name:

According to drummer Ron Bushy, organist-vocalist Doug Ingle wrote the song one evening while drinking an entire gallon of Red Mountain wine. When the inebriated Ingle then played the song for Bushy, who wrote down the lyrics for him, he was slurring his words so badly that what was supposed to be "in the Garden of Eden" was interpreted by Bushy as "In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida".[11][12]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Seen this cover song..they did a really good job...The lady drummer looks like a teenager....