Is there a level beyond genius?

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
...Romo. Without Tony scrambling much of this season would be lost.

Think Jason Garrett with Bledsoe under the center. It wouldn't be a pretty sight.

DCfaninDC

Reaction score
Undisputed;1665686 said:
How exactly are we shooting ourselves in the foot so much and still blowing teams apart? Not to mention with a banged up roster and the refs screwing us.

LOVE IT.

I know, I started to believe that the refs were going to win Chicago the game no matter what is the cost. Especially Witten's block, what was wrong with that.

Also, I think Al or Madden said too, Glenn might be back in mid-season, man can you imagine the point the Cowboys will be putting up against teams?

igtmfo

Reaction score
First Tony Sparano, now Garrett ... Jerry will give JC a similar "offer he can't refuse" to keep him.

Jerry must be paying Sparano nearly head coaching money to keep him here this year, else Sparano would have taken the promotion and the xtra money from buncha other teams that wanted to give him the pure promotion to offensive coordinator not only last year but the year before ... maybe Sparano got head coaching consideration somewhere (I can't remember ... ) ...

Papa Johns pizza for life .... ?

Wezsh0T

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31;1665024 said:
I'm having trouble thinking up a word that describes Jason Garrett's play-calling these first few weeks. His offense, with his #2 receiver out and his #3 reciver basically ineffective with a broken finger, just lit up the best defense in football for almost 500 yards and 34 points.

:bow: :bow: :bow:

What's awesome about the playcalling is that I'll predict run, predicated on the Cowboys team we've been watching the past 5 or so years, and I get pass. Several times where I thought pass, we ran. I love that Garret shifts his playcalling to take advantage of what's happening, while still keeping it less than predictable.

I think they refused to let Sparano interview elsewhere by making him assistant head coach? I could be wrong on that one...

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
If I have any complaint at all about Garrett's play calling, it is that he seems to be settling into a trend of calling a run on 2nd and very long (15 yds or more). Three times tonight, IIRC and once or twice last week. It hasn't hurt us too bad because Tony is so good at picking up 3rd and 10 or more. But I don't like that call consistently.

I don't want that to sound like I'm trying to be a wet blanket though. Garrett is doing a marvelous job and it is just so good to see us being aggressive and keeping the pedal to the metal. I just love it.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
Lots of love for Garrett. Much love. He just has a knack for this job and it's obvious.

Lots of love for Wade as well. Man, it is NICE having a head coach that actually TRUSTS his coaches and his players.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
DCfaninDC;1665714 said:
dude if Crayton would have dropped that ball, there would be no blocked FG, maybe a blocked PAT.:D

Overall, a great game. The O just wore down one of the "best Ds" in the NFL. At the end, they couldn't tackle the Cowboys.
I'm saying we missed the TD and obviously the FG after the drop (on 4th down remember?) :D

But it's really interesting how they are using TO and Witten. TO is crossing the field constantly (same way I play him on Madden :) ) and they are sending players deep into the secondary to catch balls.

Garrett and Wade are some ruthless coaches, in that they are constantly attacking teams, no matter how good they are. MY goodness how us fans have been waiting for this.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
Difference between this coaching staff and in years past is that BP in all his stubborness would never have abandonded the run so early like the Cowboys did. He would have run the ball up the middle 20 more times before he would have opened things up by throwing 5 yard dump passes. Wade and Red Ball actually are making adjustments on the fly and it's working.

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
I'm having trouble thinking up a word that describes Jason Garrett's play-calling these first few weeks. His offense, with his #2 receiver out and his #3 reciver basically ineffective with a broken finger, just lit up the best defense in football for almost 500 yards and 34 points.

The biggest thing to me is that he isn't married to his game plan and will make adjustments if something isn't working or if he sees a vulnerability in their defense.

The difference between Garrett and our previous play-callers is that he can actually think outside his own ego.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score

Lets not get the anointing oil out just yet. :rolleyes: :D

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I think Jason is doing great. I loved how he lined TO up in the back field and then put him in motion. TO loved it as well, when asked about lining up in the back field he just looked at the reporter and said you liked that too?

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
I think it was like getting punched in the nose for the Bears defense when we went for it on fourth down, and converted!

They proabably aren't used to teams going for it on 4th against that D.

I loved the call. (although it made me nervous):D