Is there an issue with Amari Cooper?

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It would not have hit him in the shoulder. He had to reach behind him completely to make a play on it. You people need to stop letting announcers sell you on stuff you desperately want to believe and actually look at what happened. I have the tape. Cooper had just come out of his break and was running almost parallel to the yard lines when the ball went behind him and he had to reach back against where he was running. Look at how huge the separation was and the error was THAT much?

If Dak was going to float the ball more, fine. He even had room to do that. But you can't rifle the ball there and expect a WR to compensate for an error that egregious that fast. It needs to be on target in that case. QBs talk about trusting a receiver to be where he's supposed to be but receivers trust that QBs are going to have a ball not be off by multiple feet while running top speed.

Coop-Overhead1.gif
What makes you Tsum I'm listening to the announcers to getting my evaluation. I recorded the game I watched it five times. The ball would have hit him right in the shoulders. Make no mistake about it. It was a rocket a bullet. Why do you think it deflected so hard. Maybe it's you that needs to stop listening to announcers

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You make catches more difficult than they need to be and this is what you get. It would be silly of anyone to absolve Cooper for not catching the ball, but as a quarterback, your goal is to make it as easy as possible for your receivers. Dak has got to stop throwing it to receivers' back shoulder when it is no a back-shoulder throw. He needs to adjust his aim so that he'll hit the receiver in the chest or get the throw out in front of him.

This is a tougher adjustment for a receiver than I think we acknowledge. He has all his momentum heading toward the open area, running full speed and suddenly he has to halt his momentum and reach back for the ball. Often the ball gets through to the shoulder pads and bounces off or the receiver can't get both hands around it cleanly. It should not result in a drop as often as we've seen it happen with our receivers this year, but it is going to create a drop some of the time.
I don't think you have a clue and what you're talking about. Because you never did it obviously. And if you did you weren't that good. And I usually think you have a pretty good opinion on what you're talking about but I'm sorry you're wrong on this one

Nav22

Reaction score
So you think that pass to a covered receiver is a good pass. You are saying that the pass was adequate - it was only adequate because of the separation that Amari gave him - is that easy enough for you to understand?

THE PASS WAS POOR! THE CATCH WAS POORER.
So the QB gets zero credit, in your eyes, for passing to open receivers?

LOL is this real life?

——————————————

Cooper had thought to himself on the play: I got it.

“That’s what I was thinking, and those are the worst three words in football,” Cooper said, eschewing praise for his career-high 226 receiving yards as he lamented the interception he felt he should have caught. “I feel like I had it. It was an easy catch. Took my eyes off it because I was focused on the touchdown and I dropped it, and it created a turnover.”

aikemirv

Reaction score
So the QB gets zero credit, in your eyes, for passing to open receivers?

LOL is this real life?

——————————————

Cooper had thought to himself on the play: I got it.

“That’s what I was thinking, and those are the worst three words in football,” Cooper said, eschewing praise for his career-high 226 receiving yards as he lamented the interception he felt he should have caught. “I feel like I had it. It was an easy catch. Took my eyes off it because I was focused on the touchdown and I dropped it, and it created a turnover.”
Saying it was a poor pass is just too difficult for you Dak slobberers.
Is that too hard to admit? We all know Cooper should have caught it, but most of us know the pass was not very good either!

blueblood70

Reaction score
I don't see an issue with the drops. It's hard to tell but from the throws that Dak has made that turn into interceptions they appear to be behind. Yes, Amari had his hands on it but a bunch of his throws are behind the receivers. His bad throws are almost always behind not overthrown or low...Dak has an issue IMHO.
so true..Amnaris never been top 5 in my book anyway..hes great #1 a top 10 guy but at least jerry can see not to pay him the true top 5 money.. give him Fair value and keep him.. freaking Daks thrown passes that might be HARD ridiculous catch zone area but its not on the WR if hes running full speed one way and has to stop torque turn and try and get fast ball.. that on Dak 99%

Nav22

Reaction score
Is that too hard to admit? We all know Cooper should have caught it, but most of us know the pass was not very good either!
It was a great read and a good-enough pass.

Learn football, Bozo.
:thumbup:

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I don't think you have a clue and what you're talking about. Because you never did it obviously. And if you did you weren't that good. And I usually think you have a pretty good opinion on what you're talking about but I'm sorry you're wrong on this one

Actually, I was a receiver when I played. However, I don't claim to have been a particularly good one. It doesn't take that, though, to recognize that some catches are more difficult to make than others. A pass thrown opposite of your momentum is more difficult to catch that one thrown into your momentum. We've seen Cooper drop this kind of pass. We've seen Cobb drop this kind of pass. We've seen Gallup drop this kind of pass. That does not indicate that a pass thrown behind the receiver opposite of his momentum is easy to catch.

As I've said, it's still a catchable ball, but the evidence indicates it's not as easy as some here want to make it seem.

blueblood70

Reaction score
NO THERES NOT a Problem..

Funny TO had the same rep laughed all the way to the HOF..

aikemirv

Reaction score
The WR himself said it was an “easy catch”.

Keep embarrassing yourself. You know more about the position than Amari Cooper does!
:thumbup:

And yet you won’t even admit that a properly thrown ball is a td.
Yeah because he is gonna say that Dak could have thrown it better but keep embarrassing yourself in your denial!

While the fact is that 3 of Daks ints have been because he throws behind receivers.

And honestly 6 ints on his year so far is not terrible and that’s not even the point.

Nav22

Reaction score
When you can’t win on facts just name call-it works for a lot of people!
LOL or when you’re dealing with a stubborn know-nothing who can’t even accept what the WR himself said plainly.

“Dak slobberers” doesn’t count as name-calling? LOL you’re such an idiot.
:lmao2:

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
It is the type of pass that gets receivers killed. If it was thrown out in front of the pattern he could see who was coming to crush him, but when it's behind the receiver is defenseless.. QB's aren't accurate all the time you just hope the ball isn't tipped up in the air and intercepted when it happens.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Yes. He has an issue with drops.

He is also an incredibly dynamic receiver who gets open constantly and is incredibly dangerous with the ball in his hands.

So you take the good with the bad I guess. What’s the alternative?

Didn't seem to get open a lot against the Saints but that's just one game.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I never liked this saying, but the pass Cooper dropped hit him just left of the center point in his chest. He should’ve caught that. Again, I’m not worried about it because it happens. Cooper played a helluva game yesterday.

Cooper was how many yards downfield? How long was the ball in the air before it got to him? It's not just that he should have caught it, he should have tracked it so that he had a comfortable catch.

Once the ball leaves the QB's hand, it's up to the WR to adjust to it, and not just expect it to magically waft into his hands.

A pet peeve of mine. Go get the ball. It's not going to get you.