Is there an issue with Amari Cooper?

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I have noticed that Cooper isn't real good at catching wobbly passes thrown late and about 2 feet behind him. Not a good quality for a receiver in this offense
You do realize that Cooper. Said he was looking to run for a touchdown and didn't look the ball in. Because it would have hit him right in the shoulder right through his hands. So get the facts before you comment on something please

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
11 catches 226 yards and a TD. He is fantasy football fine with me.

Heck no there is no issues. Cowboys problem is what I posted..."Man's got to know his limitations"
First of all not you but I never stated in an opinion I only asked a question. It's funny how people can't read and comprehend

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
That's a difficult route to adjust to the ball and is more on the quarterback to put it where it needs to be. The receiver is breaking across the field at full speed, he can't just suddenly go against his momentum, at least not completely. He can plant and attempt to pivot, but he's fighting against Newton's First Law.

Humans are not ball bearings rolling across a marble floor. Their momentum needs to be continually driven by their own efforts. Drive a little less, and you go slower. Cooper had to go slower a half a chest's worth while the ball was in the air. No planting and pivoting required.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Humans are not ball bearings rolling across a marble floor. Their momentum needs to be continually driven by their own efforts. Drive a little less, and you go slower. Cooper had to go slower a half a chest's worth while the ball was in the air. No planting and pivoting required.

Jason Garrett himself said Dak and Cooper were both at fault. Dak could have thrown the ball a bit more accurately, but it's also a catch a player of Cooper's caliber can and should make.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Jason Garrett himself said Dak and Cooper were both at fault. Dak could have thrown the ball a bit more accurately, but it's also a catch a player of Cooper's caliber can and should make.

Dak could have thrown it better. Cooper could have adjusted better.

The longer the pass, the less the QB can be expected to put it on a dime, and the more time the WR has to adjust. We're talking a foot here. Half a chest. Throw the ball withing a foot of exactly where you want it that far downfield, and I'm not going to fault the QB.

CowboysLegends2

Reaction score
I still really like Cooper but I wouldn’t give him Julio Jones money. With the position I anticipate Dallas drafting next year I would throw a block party if they drafted Jaylen Reagor out of TCU. He will skip his senior year and brings everything Cooper does to the table but Reagor is faster!

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is he Tony Romo's , Dez Bryant. It's not dropping footballs it's when and where you drop those footballs. It's not when you fumble it's when and where

Dez sucked now Amari Sucks lol Zeke now sucks lol who is next in line for Dak-extinction?

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I still really like Cooper but I wouldn’t give him Julio Jones money. With the position I anticipate Dallas drafting next year I would throw a block party if they drafted Jaylen Reagor out of TCU. He will skip his senior year and brings everything Cooper does to the table but Reagor is faster!

I also like Cooper. But the biggest question the Cowboys have to ask now, though, is if they have another number one-type receiver in Michael Gallup and thus can pour cap money into other resources. Gallup's improvement over the past year tells me he can be the go-to guy.

kskboys

Reaction score
This post should shut down this discussion.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I'm talking about your whole hands. Not just barely getting your finger tips on it.
I don't even know why you're discussing this. The ball would have hit him right in the shoulder

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Dez sucked now Amari Sucks lol Zeke now sucks lol who is next in line for Dak-extinction?
Is that what you got out of this. I never said any of that . that your interpretation that's how your brain works not mine

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Someone wore the wrong panties. They a little too tight?
You wear panties. I can't believe you admitted it. Because I know Amari Cooper re-emitted he took his eye off the ball because he was looking in the endzone. Maybe you missed out audical

blueblood70

Reaction score
You wear panties. I can't believe you admitted it. Because I know Amari Cooper re-emitted he took his eye off the ball because he was looking in the endzone. Maybe you missed out audical
Meh it doesnt change it would have been a super tough catch and would have stopped him there..it was catchable but VERY difficult, it was poor through for that route..momentum going all one way ball thrown behind.. just because Amaris too nice of guy to throw his QB under the bus like a OBJ or TO might have , doesnt mean it wasn't a bad throw,, Daks done this too many times on crossing routes.. its different when its hitch or some kind of stop right to have poor pass because a player can adjust easily and go get it but fast moving crossing type patter, the a ball needs to be out front not on the back shoulder, WHY because this can happen..over the middle bounced balls nearly all get picked..enough of the ball made it through to hit hard shoulder pad..

could it have been caught, sure but it was a bad pass not just little off , to hard wrong shoulder , behind etc etc if its on target its TD, at best its 20yard catch if Amari makes a super tough catch..

cwbyfn88

Reaction score
Pink lacey ones huh?

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Meh it doesnt change it would have been a super tough catch and would have stopped him there..it was catchable but VERY difficult, it was poor through for that route..momentum going all one way ball thrown behind.. just because Amaris too nice of guy to throw his QB under the bus like a OBJ or TO might have , doesnt mean it wasn't a bad throw,, Daks done this too many times on crossing routes.. its different when its hitch or some kind of stop right to have poor pass because a player can adjust easily and go get it but fast moving crossing type patter, the a ball needs to be out front not on the back shoulder, WHY because this can happen..over the middle bounced balls nearly all get picked..enough of the ball made it through to hit hard shoulder pad..

could it have been caught, sure but it was a bad pass not just little off , to hard wrong shoulder , behind etc etc if its on target its TD, at best its 20yard catch if Amari makes a super tough catch..
Not even the point. I would have slowed down a step I would have seen the ball coming and adjusted for it's Fligh. It wasn't a short slant. Intermediate passes you have time to do that. . Let's pick a part 1 NFL pass.