Is there any WR on this list you wouldn’t take over Lamb?

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
You’ve got to really contort things hard to think AJ Brown is better than Chase. Before Chase even played a snap in the NFL my eyes were telling me he was clearly better.

Again, I’m not saying Brown is better than Chase. I’m more confident in who he is as a player right now than what Chase is. True #1 is an establishment. Chase’s career could go any direction from here, I’m not 100% convinced he will consistently be that player from his rookie year or better. But if he keeps it up like Jefferson does then he’s an easy #1.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
yes but that's a simplistic argument to make. i understand it stemmed from a larger argument but you continuing to parrot it is fairly silly. AJ brown has a commanding advantage in tds over his career, (not this season despite a 3 td game) but overall their production has been very similar, throughout and so far continuing. So some random isolation to robert woods isn't the same thing as comparing two guys bodies of work directly

Parroting is necessary when the same question with the same answer is asked over and over.

AJ Brown did this on Tennessee, when missing time to injury. Not just games, but many partial games that isn’t displayed in YPG. Game where he was out by halftime week after week. It became such an issue he was Mr. glass on the Titans boards. Despite this, he’s 8th in the nfl in TD passes and nearly doubling CeeDee’s TD number in only 8 more starts. He’s averaging the second most yards per catch in the entire nfl from 2019-2021. More than Tyreek, more than Chase, more than Jefferson.

They only look similar if you take yards and ignore anything else. The point of the Robert Woods example was that he played for the Rams offense. He had those stats because of the situation he was in. Dak Prescott has played 6 years before this year, and in those 6 years he’s had receivers put up 5 1000 yard seasons. The year Before CeeDee was even drafted the offense had multiple guys break 1000 yards. Dak’s been in offenses that have continued to get more and more pass happy from his rookie year, culminating into last year where he set all kinds of team passing records. In his 4 years in Tennessee’s offense, Ryan Tannehill has had 2 1000 yard receivers; both are AJ Brown. And after losing him their offense is so much worse that they likely will not end with a single receiver that has even 700 yards. Tannehill is having a career low season when he is actually on the field and Malik has no where to go with the football. That is the environment AJ was producing in.

What would Dallas be right now if They didn’t have CeeDee? Let’s say they traded him away for a rookie or a past pro bowl vet as Tennessee did? They’d very plausibly still be 7-3. Maybe 6-4. Would Dak be a worse QB without him? He’s a good player who’s producing in the circumstances he’s given. Like many other WRs have done or will continue to do. What receivers wouldn’t be producing as the #1 in this offense right now?

Proof

Reaction score
Parroting is necessary when the same question with the same answer is asked over and over.

AJ Brown did this on Tennessee, when missing time to injury. Not just games, but many partial games that isn’t displayed in YPG. Game where he was out by halftime week after week. It became such an issue he was Mr. glass on the Titans boards. Despite this, he’s 8th in the nfl in TD passes and nearly doubling CeeDee’s TD number in only 8 more starts. He’s averaging the second most yards per catch in the entire nfl from 2019-2021. More than Tyreek, more than Chase, more than Jefferson.

They only look similar if you take yards and ignore anything else. The point of the Robert Woods example was that he played for the Rams offense. He had those stats because of the situation he was in. Dak Prescott has played 6 years before this year, and in those 6 years he’s had receivers put up 5 1000 yard seasons. The year Before CeeDee was even drafted the offense had multiple guys break 1000 yards. He’s been in offenses that have continued to get more and more pass happy from his rookie year, culminating into last year where he set all kinds of team passing records. In his 4 years in Tennessee’s offense, Ryan Tannehill has had 2 1000 yard receivers; both are AJ Brown. And after losing him their offense is so much worse that they likely will not end with a single receiver that has even 700 yards. Tannehill is having a career low season when he is actually on the field and Malik has no where to go with the football. That is the environment AJ was producing in.

What would Dallas be right now if They didn’t have CeeDee? Let’s say they traded him away for a rookie or a past pro bowl vet as Tennessee did? They’d very plausibly still be 7-3. Maybe 6-4. Would Dak be a worse QB without him? He’s a good player who’s producing in the circumstances he’s given. Like many other WRs have done or will continue to do

wholly disagree. like completely. tennessee has not had any good wide receivers since tannehil has been there save a part time rental of julio. robert woods is... not good. treylon burks has been injured as has tannehill. Dak has consistently had first round talents... Dez Bryant, Amari Cooper, Michael Gallup and Cedee and what happened when they lost Dez? Looked like tennessee. They had to go out and acquire Amari, and then supplement him with Ceedee. No if Ceedee was replaced with a rookie or an acl recovering journeyman Dallas would not be 7-3 even accounting for their near historic defense.

Even with all that mentioned... THIS year. they are still neck and neck, with AJ playing in a much better environment and Dallas passing offense being at a multi-year low.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Again, I’m not saying Brown is better than Chase. I’m more confident in who he is as a player right now than what Chase is. True #1 is an establishment. Chase’s career could go any direction from here, I’m not 100% convinced he will consistently be that player from his rookie year or better. But if he keeps it up like Jefferson does then he’s an easy #1.
Lmao you're hilarious

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
wholly disagree. like completely. tennessee has not had any good wide receivers since tannehil has been there save a part time rental of julio. robert woods is... not good. treylon burks has been injured as has tannehill. Dak has consistently had first round talents... Dez Bryant, Amari Cooper, Michael Gallup and Cedee and what happened when they lost Dez? Looked like tennessee. They had to go out and acquire Amari, and then supplement him with Ceedee. No if Ceedee was replaced with a rookie or an acl recovering journeyman Dallas would not be 7-3 even accounting for their near historic defense.

Even with all that mentioned... THIS year. they are still neck and neck, with AJ playing in a much better environment and Dallas passing offense being at a multi-year low.

What teams do you lose to with Noah, Woods, Gallup? CeeDee’s monster game you needed from him you still lost anyway. Minnesota CeeDee was a nonfactor. Multiple possession wins against Washington, against LAR, against Chicago, against Detroit.

I agree statistically this year they are close. But I don’t believe AJ is playing in a better environment as Dallas’s offense has had a big turnaround with Dak coming back, yet CeeDee was producing similarly with both QB’s this year, 74 ypg with Dak and 76 ypg with Rush.

But I also don’t believe half a season’s production equates to what is and isn’t a #1 WR. His big game against GB someone said put him at 1400 projection for year. And suddenly 1 game later after Minnesota he’s below 1300 yards. If he has a couple games like he did against TB sprinkled in to finish the year he’ll be below 1100. Or if he has another GB he’ll be back up again. It’s swinging on a pendulum where this is going, that one singular season (or not even at this point) doesn’t define an overall players’ worth. As it didn’t with Woods, as it didn’t with Thielen, as it didn’t with Lockett or Sutton or Maclin or Gallup

Last edited:

cnuball21

Reaction score

They only look similar if you take yards and ignore anything else. The point of the Robert Woods example was that he played for the Rams offense. He had those stats because of the situation he was in. Dak Prescott has played 6 years before this year, and in those 6 years he’s had receivers put up 5 1000 yard seasons. The year Before CeeDee was even drafted the offense had multiple guys break 1000 yards. Dak’s been in offenses that have continued to get more and more pass happy from his rookie year, culminating into last year where he set all kinds of team passing records. In his 4 years in Tennessee’s offense, Ryan Tannehill has had 2 1000 yard receivers; both are AJ Brown. And after losing him their offense is so much worse that they likely will not end with a single receiver that has even 700 yards. Tannehill is having a career low season when he is actually on the field and Malik has no where to go with the football. That is the environment AJ was producing in.

What would Dallas be right now if They didn’t have CeeDee? Let’s say they traded him away for a rookie or a past pro bowl vet as Tennessee did? They’d very plausibly still be 7-3. Maybe 6-4. Would Dak be a worse QB without him? He’s a good player who’s producing in the circumstances he’s given. Like many other WRs have done or will continue to do. What receivers wouldn’t be producing as the #1 in this offense right now?

Where would the Cowboys be without Lamb? Def not where we are now. He’s the only quality starting WR we have right now.

The last time we tried the “WR by committee” approach our offense was awful and we traded for Cooper.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Where would the Cowboys be without Lamb? Def not where we are now. He’s the only quality starting WR we have right now.

The last time we tried the “WR by committee” approach our offense was awful and we traded for Cooper.

What games do you lose without Lamb and with Cooper instead? The Commanders game you won 25-10? The Vikings game you win 40-3? Detroit 24-6? Chicago 49-29? Rams 22-10? Giants 23-16?

Last edited:

cnuball21

Reaction score
What games do you lose without Lamb and with Cooper instead? The Commanders game you won 25-10? The Vikings game you win 40-3? Detroit 24-6? Chicago 49-29? Rams 22-10? Giants 23-16

It’s not just about his per game stat line. It’s about him drawing coverage and opening things up in the pass game as a whole through the entire season.

Him and the coaches have publicly stated early in the season he was learning how to adjust to facing double teams and bracket coverages on a daily basis.

So if we don’t have him this year, yes, the WR group as a whole suffers and so does the passing game. Defenses game plan is differently and are likely more aggressive with 0 WR threats.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
It’s not just about his per game stat line. It’s about him drawing coverage and opening things up in the pass game as a whole through the entire season.

Him and the coaches have publicly stated early in the season he was learning how to adjust to facing double teams and bracket coverages on a daily basis.

So if we don’t have him this year, yes, the WR group as a whole suffers and so does the passing game. Defenses game plan is differently and are likely more aggressive with 0 WR threats.

Dallas doesn’t simply vacate the position if you dont Have lamb. You likely keep Cooper in that scenario, and he can garner similar double teams as any WR1 in the nfl does.

Do you believe teams are building “can’t let CeeDee lamb beat us or we’re boned” gameplans? GB’s secondary didn’t seem to treat him as anything special and they still won anyway.

Proof

Reaction score
What teams do you lose to with Noah, Woods, Gallup? CeeDee’s monster game you needed from him you still lost anyway. Minnesota CeeDee was a nonfactor. Multiple possession wins against Washington, against LAR, against Chicago, against Detroit.

I agree statistically this year they are close. But I don’t believe AJ is playing in a better environment as Dallas’s offense has had a big turnaround with Dak coming back, yet CeeDee was producing similarly with both QB’s this year, 74 ypg with Dak and 76 ypg with Rush.

But I also don’t believe half a season’s production equates to what is and isn’t a #1 WR. His big game against GB someone said put him at 1400 projection for year. And suddenly 1 game later after Minnesota he’s below 1300 yards. If he has a couple games like he did against TB sprinkled in to finish the year he’ll be below 1100. Or if he has another GB he’ll be back up again. It’s swinging on a pendulum where this is going, that one singular season (or not even at this point) doesn’t define an overall players’ worth. As it didn’t with Woods, as it didn’t with Thielen, as it didn’t with Lockett or Sutton or Maclin or Gallup

better environment than Tennessee. and Ceedee producing similarly with Rush and (an recovering dak) kinda supports my position imo. The offense passing game over the first half of the season has been far lower than in years past and ceedee is performing better than he has despite the adversity and as the defacto number 1. I'm also not going off of a half of a seasons output or trajectory and have no skin in the 1400 yd litmus. Just that he's ascending, and producing like a number 1 currently. To be clear I think AJ is better, just for the record. But the arguments for him and against ceedee just don't hold water to me.

Also we didn't have gallup for what the first month, so it would be noah brown, tolbert or fehoko and whatever non lamb replacement would be there. and yeah I think that would severely hamper the passing game.

Last edited:

cnuball21

Reaction score
Dallas doesn’t simply vacate the position if you dont Have lamb. You likely keep Cooper in that scenario, and he can garner similar double teams as any WR1 in the nfl does.

Do you believe teams are building “can’t let CeeDee lamb beat us or we’re boned” gameplans? GB’s secondary didn’t seem to treat him as anything special and they still won anyway.

If Lamb runs the right routes on the option routes against GB he has like 185 and 2 TDs.

They didn’t, and he torched them.

He should’ve been a big reason we won but the D choked.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
better environment than Tennessee. and Ceedee producing similarly with Rush and (an recovering dak) kinda supports my position imo. The offense passing game over the first half of the season has been far lower than in years past and ceedee is performing better than he has despite the adversity and as the defacto number 1. I'm also not going off of a half of a seasons output or trajectory and have no skin in the 1400 yd litmus. Just that he's ascending, and producing like a number 1 currently. To be clear I think AJ is better, just for the record. But the arguments for him and against ceedee just don't hold water to me.

Also we didn't have gallup for what the first month, so it would be noah brown, tolbert or fehoko and whatever non lamb replacement would be there. and yeah I think that would severely hamper the passing game.

And I disagree, I believe it more supports my opinion. Even with lower passing offense, Rush is pushing the ball to CeeDee; it hasn’t impact him. Yet when Dak comes back, Cooper is gone, CeeDee’s performance hasn’t ballooned as you’d expect a top receiver to do when things change in their favor, he’s just kind of the same. Not unlike Cooper was for so long.

Im not saying Lamb isn’t a very good receiver, as Cooper was, but a true #1 to me is a guy you give 25$+ per year no question. A guy where you never need to seek out his replacement/superior as he’s THE guy. A guy opposing teams fear will beat them almost single-handedly if they’re not careful. When was the last time you felt defenses were letting the run game do whatever it wanted because they can’t let CeeDee get the ball? That seems to happen to Philly every other week.

You can say that’s a bit extreme for defining a true #1, but CeeDee doesn’t quite fit that criteria.

budsboys

Reaction score
I definitely would take lamb over 5 of the wrs on that list lamb is still just 23 and hasn’t even reached his peak his ceiling is extremely high and within 2 more seasons everyone will be saying something different also just about everyone on this board is always trying to put our players down and when it comes to wrs in our system the numbers don’t always match the talent just look at cooper everyone wanted him gone last year and now they wish we still had him moores offensive system doesn’t cater to a #1 receiver

Proof

Reaction score
And I disagree, I believe it more supports my opinion. Even with lower passing offense, Rush is pushing the ball to CeeDee; it hasn’t impact him. Yet when Dak comes back, Cooper is gone, CeeDee’s performance hasn’t ballooned as you’d expect a top receiver to do when things change in their favor, he’s just kind of the same. Not unlike Cooper was for so long.

Im not saying Lamb isn’t a very good receiver, as Cooper was, but a true #1 to me is a guy you give 25$+ per year no question. A guy where you never need to seek out his replacement/superior as he’s THE guy. A guy opposing teams fear will beat them almost single-handedly if they’re not careful. When was the last time you felt defenses were letting the run game do whatever it wanted because they can’t let CeeDee get the ball? That seems to happen to Philly every other week.

You can say that’s a bit extreme for defining a true #1, but CeeDee doesn’t quite fit that criteria.

Again, Dak was coming back from injury, and we just had a blowout where the running game stole the show. I'm curious how it trends the rest of the year, but to me given the change in quarterbacks, the loss of amari, gallup being out and schulz being in and out... getting career best numbers (so far) from ceedee is what you want to see.

y'all have (had) AJ Devonta and Goedert I'm not entirely convinced that AJ is the sole reason philly gets good run looks. I mean on the opposite of end of the spectrum, teams were selling out to stop Henry and yet...?

But no, I'm not handing Ceedee 25 mil yet, but we're also only 2.5 years into a 5 year decision point

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Again, Dak was coming back from injury, and we just had a blowout where the running game stole the show. I'm curious how it trends the rest of the year, but to me given the change in quarterbacks, the loss of amari, gallup being out and schulz being in and out... getting career best numbers (so far) from ceedee is what you want to see.

y'all have (had) AJ Devonta and Goedert I'm not entirely convinced that AJ is the sole reason philly gets good run looks. I mean on the opposite of end of the spectrum, teams were selling out to stop Henry and yet...?

But no, I'm not handing Ceedee 25 mil yet, but we're also only 2.5 years into a 5 year decision point

Do you believe Michael Gallup is a true #1 WR?