Is this Carson's audition to take Bland's job in the future?

Chasing6

Reaction score
With Lamb now signed and perhaps Dak/Parsons on the horizon, you would think they cannot afford two high paid corners. Carson has a golden opportunity to show that he can handle the starting job opposite Diggs. If he performs well, I wonder if they could make Bland available. I understand you never have enough corners, but Bland's value is at it's peak. Believe a pro bowl corner with elite ball skills, will garner a 1st rd pick. Of coarse, if Carson struggles this is all a moot point.
You could always trade Diggs, but Jerry is never smart enough for figure that out.

Let Bland walk for a conditional 3rd, when you could trade Diggs for a first.

Jarntt

Reaction score
So our top 2 CBs have had all pro seasons. While I don't think either is a top 5 CB in the league it at least shows they have both shown the ability to be really really good. If Carson does the same at his cheap price it is even more palatable to keep both Bland and Diggs because the money you save from signing a Lewis or Gilmore type by playing Carson on a mid-round rookie deal can go towards paying Bland's contract. You need at least 3 good CBs in the NFL nowadays. If we get to 4 or 5 we can talk about trading someone for picks

Chasing6

Reaction score
Did you watch our DB's against Packers last year?! Everyone should be replaced, our safeties are not good either but will be right back out there out of position for easy scores
,comical.
Our DB's are not good when our Pass Rush does not show up!!!

Is it easy being a DB, when the QB is constantly under duress yes it is.

Complimentary football my friends.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I mean, they just traded Hendershot. Productive players on rookie deals rarely get traded at all.

I get your point, but Bland is unique in that he could hold out as the #2 corner with a year left on his deal (like CD just did) and is going to bring a lot more in a trade than guys like Biadasz or Armstrong.
I give them their props on Hendershot but I feel he was getting cut anyway.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
With Lamb now signed and perhaps Dak/Parsons on the horizon, you would think they cannot afford two high paid corners. Carson has a golden opportunity to show that he can handle the starting job opposite Diggs. If he performs well, I wonder if they could make Bland available. I understand you never have enough corners, but Bland's value is at it's peak. Believe a pro bowl corner with elite ball skills, will garner a 1st rd pick. Of coarse, if Carson struggles this is all a mute point.
In 2 years, the salary cap will be higher. And some other high paid players will not be here.
There should be cap room, if the brainless trust get brains. :muttley:

DLaw will not be here, probably Martin as well. Very possible Steele won't be here either. That is more than enough to cover the cost of Bland and to retain Tyler Smith.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
Have the Cowboys, say in the last 10-15 years, ever let an actual star leave in FA, apart from Demarco Murray? Not including guys like Ware who were in obvious decline. For all of their mismanagement and cheapness, this isn't something they've been known to do.

GoldenR

Reaction score
Our DB's are not good when our Pass Rush does not show up!!!

Is it easy being a DB, when the QB is constantly under duress yes it is.

Complimentary football my friends.
So..........according to you, we have not had complimentary football for over 25 years.

GoldenR

Reaction score
The Cowboys scheme got exposed. That was more on the coaches. Love said as much on Parsons podcast. The Packers plan was to run the football at our small front seven then throw the football off of it.
Well, our scheme seems to get exposed very often against good teams if that's your play.

sbark

Reaction score
Bland broke in as slot CB, did well
Can see Jourdan Lewis ageing to point
If Carson does well, Bland moves back to slot and Lewis moves on

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Bland will return after the BYE week to reclaim his position on the field. Carson must have an all-pro season to take that job away from Bland.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Well, our scheme seems to get exposed very often against good teams if that's your play.
The Cowboys have issues with Shanahan tree coaches. Just like most of the league. Supposedly Zimmer’a scheme gives their offenses problems. It’s funny how when we beat the Bengals, Rams, Lions, and Eagles guys like you seem to forget those were good teams.