Is this Carson's audition to take Bland's job in the future?

Chasing6

Reaction score
Who said anyone is considering paying him anything close to those numbers. You’re getting butthurt over something 2 seasons away and unlikely to come to fruition even then!
Why 2 seasons away? This is year 3. Lots of players hold out on their last year of a contract.

Plus he just got injured. So should he take the risk next year of getting injured again on his last year of a contract?

He could very well end up holding out. Especially if Carson does not look good and Lewis will be a year older.

Is Jerry smart enough to draft a CB early to protect himself from a hold out? We all know he is not.

Jenky

Reaction score
With Lamb now signed and perhaps Dak/Parsons on the horizon, you would think they cannot afford two high paid corners. Carson has a golden opportunity to show that he can handle the starting job opposite Diggs. If he performs well, I wonder if they could make Bland available. I understand you never have enough corners, but Bland's value is at it's peak. Believe a pro bowl corner with elite ball skills, will garner a 1st rd pick. Of coarse, if Carson struggles this is all a moot point.
Not sure if srs. Bland could be better than Diggs when it’s all said and done.

quickccc

Reaction score
Not really a moot point. They may draft a corner in the next draft high. They easily could have drafted the number 1 cornerback this draft. The Alabama kid fell to them. Carson is slow. His 40 time was really slow and he is not a great athlete. Tough kid but limited.
40 time is not the tell all to player performance.
Diggs has proven that.

And it's been several past and current nfl CBs that have less than ideal 40 time, but have played faster the. What their pre-draft 40 time suggest.

Ironically byron jones was a helluva athlete, ideal 40 time speed. And had size and length.
Yet despite an All pro single year (despite zero INTS) ..cowboys were not interested in resigning byron to a major big contract....

Allow byron to walk but committed to a slower 40 timed Diggs when his contract time approached.
Why? ..besides top notch coverage, it was perceived that Diggs simply made plays..takes ball away...creates INTs...turnovers ...

Chasing6

Reaction score
40 time is not the tell all to player performance.
Diggs has proven that.

And it's been several past and current nfl CBs that have less than ideal 40 time, but have played faster the. What their pre-draft 40 time suggest.

Ironically byron jones was a helluva athlete, ideal 40 time speed. And had size and length.
Yet despite an All pro single year (despite zero INTS) ..cowboys were not interested in resigning byron to a major big contract....

Allow byron to walk but committed to a slower 40 timed Diggs when his contract time approached.
Why? ..besides top notch coverage, it was perceived that Diggs simply made plays..takes ball away...creates INTs...turnovers ...
Parsons Factor. You can't forget about Parsons. He makes every DB's job easier.

exciter

Reaction score
Why 2 seasons away? This is year 3. Lots of players hold out on their last year of a contract.

Plus he just got injured. So should he take the risk next year of getting injured again on his last year of a contract?

He could very well end up holding out. Especially if Carson does not look good and Lewis will be a year older.

Is Jerry smart enough to draft a CB early to protect himself from a hold out? We all know he is not.
Lol,
They’re not worried with him being out 6-8 weeks with a rookie covering this year.
Booth will still be under contract and Carson will have had a years experience. And this team always drafts a CB or 2.
Again, no leverage.

Praxit

Reaction score
..in the NFL biz. Your not there to take anyones job.

Though in reality. Its about opportunity for yourself. How many will you get?

How many stories have you heard. One got his lifetime chance, while other was not present?

exciter

Reaction score
Actually I'm adding to the damn conversation if you don't like it move on....... I'd say that you're triggered and your **** hurt... I'm providing facts I'm providing data and I'm telling you that's how our team and the rest of the league is looking at bland right now..

Posted actual facts on contracts given the players on just potential and they weren't even as good imo you can't handle it with someone doesn't agree with you but they actually provide data to support the debate I'm packing my statements you're just hyperbole you're just like to be excited Mr. exciter
Lol,
Facts and data?
Nonsense and gibberish isn’t facts nor data. When you couldn’t back your nonsense and gibberish you went off into left field with some “the team will be doomed without Dak”.
If Bland were a FA currently he would be somewhere as a high second tier CB in the 3yr 40m range. Probably unsignable here due to the current situation but nothing giving him the power to holdout and force Jerry to brake the bank on him!

Chasing6

Reaction score
Lol,
They’re not worried with him being out 6-8 weeks with a rookie covering this year.
Booth will still be under contract and Carson will have had a years experience. And this team always drafts a CB or 2.
Again, no leverage.
That is your opinion.

McMicah

Reaction score
I’m pumped to get to see Carson play. Bland will be missed, but if we hit on Carson, it immediately alleviates that need in the draft. Fingers crossed

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Cowboy fans on this board...(Trades like this never happen here)

Find a competent player who succeeds
Begin questioning if trading this player would get a high draft pick
Trade the player and go back to the draft well to find a player who can succeed
Begin questioning if trading this new player would get a high draft pick
Rinse and repeat

Jethro and Little Anus are incompetent. But after reviewing ideas such as these, I will take their ridiculousness over any Madden GM on this site.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Cowboy fans on this board...(Trades like this never happen here)

Find a competent player who succeeds
Begin questioning if trading this player would get a high draft pick
Begin questioning if trading this new player would get a high draft pick
Rinse and repeat

Jethro and Little Anus are incompetent. But after reviewing ideas such as these, I will take their ridiculousness over any Madden GM on this site.
I real GM will trade a player to get more value if they have no intent or can not financially afford to resign the player.

GM Jethro on the other likes to collect mid to late round comp picks.

cowboyec

Reaction score
no.
if he takes anyones job down the road it might be jourdan lewis.
but the outside is diggsy/bland country.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I real GM will trade a player to get more value if they have no intent or can not financially afford to resign the player.

GM Jethro on the other likes to collect mid to late round comp picks.
So you know what the management of this team will do a year from now?

Color me skeptical.