Is this Carson's audition to take Bland's job in the future?

erod

Reaction score
With Lamb now signed and perhaps Dak/Parsons on the horizon, you would think they cannot afford two high paid corners. Carson has a golden opportunity to show that he can handle the starting job opposite Diggs. If he performs well, I wonder if they could make Bland available. I understand you never have enough corners, but Bland's value is at it's peak. Believe a pro bowl corner with elite ball skills, will garner a 1st rd pick. Of coarse, if Carson struggles this is all a mute point.
Not Bland. But Lewis? Yes.

exciter

Reaction score
first of all you're not GM but a better idea , ld be to have diggs redo his contract make it team friendly like Tanks and sign BLAND,

IF bland remains good. You all don't realize he hasnt earned that LTD yet, not only injured had terrible playoff game and hasn't looked good in camp from what ive seen, those backup WRs were toasting him in many shots i watched,

this is a WAYYYY too soon post Jeez
Diggs’ contract is already team friendly until those last 2 seasons. Even then the dead cap hit is only 4.2m in 27 when his cap hit jumps to 24. It’s like they wrote the contract so they could walk away like they did Coopers. Also will be his 8th season in a position that starts to see rapid decline around that time!

blueblood70

Reaction score
It's outside of the box thinking as we are going to see how both Carson and Diggs performs for half a season before Bland returns from injury. If they both play well, then this idea is worth exploring.
and i said what i said way way too early to discuss this.. a lot of things are going to happen with diggs contract but overrating these rookies= priceless.. :muttley: :facepalm: like it was said about we're two years from removed from after to discuss this.

by the way i hope you're happy with when Daks not here and you can have all these shiny toys you want, here come 6 wins maybe 8 =See NY Jets and Giants, doesn't matter what you have elsewhere. .if Dak truly leaves,

IM trading away everyone lamb, parsons, and Diggs Tank and martin retired, gone , whatever than you keep Bland and Carson. Easy to project Huh?? how's Lance to Flournay sound.. get ready.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Diggs’ contract is already team friendly until those last 2 seasons. Even then the dead cap hit is only 4.2m in 27 when his cap hit jumps to 24. It’s like they wrote the contract so they could walk away like they did Coopers. Also will be his 8th season in a position that starts to see rapid decline around that time!
OK let's just forget what i said or n....u can have him redo it just like tank and its far MORE team friendly..

MORE

by the way i hope you're happy with when Daks not here and you can have all these shiny toys you want, here come 6 wins maybe 8 =See NY Jets and Giants, browns and many others, doesn't matter what you have elsewhere. .if Dak truly leaves,

IM trading away everyone lamb, parsons, and Diggs Tank and martin retired, gone , whatever than you keep Bland and Carson. Easy to project Huh?? how's Lance to Flournay sound.. get ready.

exciter

Reaction score
OK let's just forget what i said or n....u can have him redo it just like tank and its far MORE team friendly..

MORE

by the way i hope you're happy with when Daks not here and you can have all these shiny toys you want, here come 6 wins maybe 8 =See NY Jets and Giants, browns and many others, doesn't matter what you have elsewhere. .if Dak truly leaves,

You do realize this is Lawrence’s last season and chances are fair and they would be smart to let Martin walk for his twilight years!

blueblood70

Reaction score
You do realize this is Lawrence’s last season and chances are fair and they would be smart to let Martin walk for his twilight years!
that's what i'm saying but add to it the rest of them are all gone... primarily you have no comprehension of what might happen if Dak leaves, Full reboot no in between. be careful what you wish for if Dak leaves none of this matter that's my point. who care 2 years from now about Diggs vs bland none of it matters without Dak!!

Chasing6

Reaction score
Well, our scheme seems to get exposed very often against good teams if that's your play.
Our scheme is if we can get to the QB frequently we have a good defense with sacks and turnovers. That is great against poor offenses.

Once we play a balanced team that can run the ball and neutralize Parsons we are a hot mess.

Then want put 100% of the blame on Dak.

Chasing6

Reaction score
With Lamb now signed and perhaps Dak/Parsons on the horizon, you would think they cannot afford two high paid corners. Carson has a golden opportunity to show that he can handle the starting job opposite Diggs. If he performs well, I wonder if they could make Bland available. I understand you never have enough corners, but Bland's value is at its peak. Believe a pro bowl corner with elite ball skills, will garner a 1st rd pick. Of coarse, if Carson struggles this is all a mute point.
If Carson and Bland are both very physical corners, who is to say Diggs is not the odd man out?

I still have nightmares of Diggs not taking out Kittle.

exciter

Reaction score
that's what i'm saying but add to it the rest of them are all gone... primarily you have no comprehension of what might happen if Dak leaves, Full reboot no in between. be careful what you wish for if Dak leaves none of this matter that's my point. who care 2 years from now about Diggs vs bland none of it matters without Dak!!
How did we go from Diggs being traded in 2027 to Dak leaving next week?

blueblood70

Reaction score
How did we go from Diggs being traded in 2027 to Dak leaving next week?
Daks not leaving next week, but 2025 looming large, .
thats what ae are talking about, making decision on bland vs Carson vs Diggs

NEXT YEAR,, bland could be the next hold out after next season that's WHY! you trade Diggs next year, if Daks gone THAT IS WHY, don't just read comprehend.ughh!! so if Daks GONE , trade Diggs, Parsons, and Lamb..

than you keep Bland and Carson. See??? lmao IF what IF IF Carson somehow leave up to this HYPE..

Chasing6

Reaction score

NEXT YEAR,, bland could be the next hold out after next season that's WHY! you trade Diggs next year, if Daks gone THAT IS WHY, don't just read comprehend.ughh!! so if Daks GONE , trade Diggs, Parsons, and Lamb..

than you keep Bland and Carson. See??? lmao IF what IF IF Carson somehow leave up to this HYPE..
The real problem is GM Jethro plan that far ahead or is at least terrible at it.

exciter

Reaction score

Lol,
Bland doesn’t have enough capital to hold out!

blueblood70

Reaction score
Lol,
Bland doesn’t have enough capital to hold out!
Why are people overrating him and saying that he's due for a big contract and decision will be made, that why we are discussing this..jeez! :popcorn: :facepalm: :oldcouple:

Which by the way over two years he has 14 interceptions and five touchdowns.... That's more than a lot of our wide receivers and tight ends that made this roster.. so that where the projections are coming from. pick 6 king but ball hawking CB as well.. that ups his worth, easy to see.

Byron Jones signed a 5 year , $82,500,000 contract with the Miami Dolphins, including $10,500,000 signing bonus, $54,375,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $16,500,000.The Miami Dolphins and cornerback Xavien Howard agree to a five-year contract extension with $50.7M in new money.

J.C. Jackson signed a 5 year , $82,500,000 contract with the Los Angeles Chargers, including $25,000,000 signing bonus, $40,000,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $16,500,000.

Exactly what did Jones or Howard do to deserve that? And then what did he do to live up to it? You forget the NFL looking for playmakers and Deron bland is a bigger playmaker than Byron Jones or Howard all signed potential. If you say otherwise, you lose all credibility. That is what we look for what is the NFL done in the past being looked at as a possible signing in many places right now..

Do you need any more examples than those above to know what Bland might command?? You do remember Brandon Carrs what they paid way back?

Last edited:

Chasing6

Reaction score
Why are people overrating him and saying that he's due for a big contract and decision will be made, that why we are discussing this..jeez! :popcorn: :facepalm: :oldcouple:

Which by the way over two years he has 14 interceptions and five touchdowns.... That's more than a lot of our wide receivers and tight ends that made this roster.. so that where the projections are coming from. pick 6 king but ball hawking CB as well.. that ups his worth, easy to see.

Byron Jones signed a 5 year , $82,500,000 contract with the Miami Dolphins, including $10,500,000 signing bonus, $54,375,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $16,500,000.The Miami Dolphins and cornerback Xavien Howard agree to a five-year contract extension with $50.7M in new money.

J.C. Jackson signed a 5 year , $82,500,000 contract with the Los Angeles Chargers, including $25,000,000 signing bonus, $40,000,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $16,500,000.

Exactly what did Jones or Howard do to deserve that? And then what did he do to live up to it? You forget the NFL looking for playmakers and Deron bland is a bigger playmaker than Byron Jones or Howard all signed potential. If you say otherwise, you lose all credibility. That is what we look for what is the NFL done in the past being looked at as a possible signing in many places right now..

Do you need any more examples than those above to know what Bland might command??
When WR pay goes crazy, CB pay will go crazy as well.

exciter

Reaction score

Do you need any more examples than those above to know what Bland might command?? You do remember Brandon Carrs what they paid way back?
Who said anyone is considering paying him anything close to those numbers. You’re getting butthurt over something 2 seasons away and unlikely to come to fruition even then!

blueblood70

Reaction score
Who said anyone is considering paying him anything close to those numbers. You’re getting butthurt over something 2 seasons away and unlikely to come to fruition even then!
Actually I'm adding to the damn conversation if you don't like it move on....... I'd say that you're triggered and your **** hurt... I'm providing facts I'm providing data and I'm telling you that's how our team and the rest of the league is looking at bland right now..

Posted actual facts on contracts given the players on just potential and they weren't even as good imo you can't handle it with someone doesn't agree with you but they actually provide data to support the debate I'm packing my statements you're just hyperbole you're just like to be excited Mr. exciter