Is Trading Zeke on the Table?

cowboyec

Reaction score
no.
much of this...in my opinion...is just chatter.
I'll believe a holdout occurs when it happens.

Cowboys1fan

Reaction score
Some rbs are just a different breed. Zeke looks like that breed. Peterson could still be running highly efficient in Dallas in our system. Zeke will have a long prime in Dallas

Cowboys1fan

Reaction score
I say extend his 2 years to 4 years around 13-16 million and see where we are year 3-4

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Jerry said dez wasn't going anywhere. Stephen said otherwise and he was released. Stephen likes zeke.
lol, you beat me to it. I was just about to say, Stephen didn’t say Dez was staying.

However, Stephen did say that Elliott was going nowhere.

GMO415

Reaction score
Uh, there's no more Hershal Walker deals to be made.....

cern

Reaction score
lol, you beat me to it. I was just about to say, Stephen didn’t say Dez was staying.

However, Stephen did say that Elliott was going nowhere.
It is obvious that some don't realize just how valuable zeke is to this team. Fortunately, Stephen isn't one of them. True 3 down rb's are almost as rare as franchise qb's and shut down corners.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I'm sorry, I don't know what you said here, at the beginning of your post. I can, however, say this. The NFL is not the NBA and it is a mistake to base business decision on how other leagues deal with similar situations. The NFL's union is nothing close to other leagues and in the NBA, one player can make the difference. In the NFL, that is not the case. Also, you don't have a hard cap in the NBA and you have all kinds of rules that basically allow you to circumvent the cap. You don't have those same kinds of work arounds in the NFL.

Zeke has earned the right be the starter on this team and to play out his contract. He has not earned the right to go to management two years early and demand a new contract. Sorry, we don't agree.
I'm saying whos to say ANY of our stars dont hold out early why is Zeke being singled out they all will do this as they are super stars and FEEL they want big$$ status by being the top 5 in pay at their positions all the time.. they will also have the threat of hold out early in the new contracts..the argument Zeke will do that on short tern early extension is Ludacris argument as they all can and might do it..

blueblood70

Reaction score
I'm sorry, I don't know what you said here, at the beginning of your post. I can, however, say this. The NFL is not the NBA and it is a mistake to base business decision on how other leagues deal with similar situations. The NFL's union is nothing close to other leagues and in the NBA, one player can make the difference. In the NFL, that is not the case. Also, you don't have a hard cap in the NBA and you have all kinds of rules that basically allow you to circumvent the cap. You don't have those same kinds of work arounds in the NFL.

Zeke has earned the right be the starter on this team and to play out his contract. He has not earned the right to go to management two years early and demand a new contract. Sorry, we don't agree.

"Zeke has earned the right be the starter on this team and to play out his contract. He has not earned the right to go to management two years early and demand a new contract. Sorry, we don't agree"

I think he does as he is a RB whos being over used leading in carries, yards etc and the threat and excuse used to NOT extend him a 2nd contract makes this unique to NFL RB superstars that truly shoud get the new contract after 3 years when they are eleigable because this is the one position that has short careers and are being used up and let go..they had long discussions on the Will Cain shows and others this week with Gordon and Zeke just beginnign to start this new trend and teams will most likely be doing this going forward given unique situations these RBs are in.." its smart money to extend him now instead of later, theres no downside you will pay him or lose him , might as well pay him while hes podcuting and still earning that money as opposed to all saying NO WAY HE a RB hes used up he will hit the wall blah blah blah..all true and that is why Zeke deserves anew Deal Now and its smarter.. Id rater FT Dak or Amari until a deal is reached i mean QBs have super long careers and can be extended and restructured many times, Zeke does NOT have this advantage..

I was on the other side until i started really lookig at this and what 5 RBs in the league have the power and the right to do this in given decade? i guarantee SB will be doing the exact thing 3years into his contract if the new CBA doesnt fix it..

blueblood70

Reaction score
They could get 2 firsts right now. I’d take that!
then you woke up from a Tequila haze dreamed and realized this isnt happening.. if RBs dont get extended or paid with their current teams somehow another feels the opposite and gives away the farm and extends Zeke? Zekes holding out regardless where hes at if not this off season but for sure next and I see his point..

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I say extend his 2 years to 4 years around 13-16 million and see where we are year 3-4

Why would anyone do that? He has 2 years left on his rookie deal and then we can franchise him for two more years. There is absolutely no reason whatsoever to give him a new, more expensive deal other then the fact that he may try to hold out.

Let him hold out. It will help force Dallas to continue to take talented backs in the draft and they will find out how they can replace that idiot for much cheaper and then don't need a top 4 pick to do it.

BermyStar

Reaction score
I think at the right price any player is tradeable. Zeke is one of the guys that I would make a trade partner over pay for. Value can't be close to even. So I probably wouldn't be able to move him but I'm cool with that.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
A question for Cowboys fans. This is a question not related to the off the field issues. Is Zeke worth a new contract with over 1500 carries since college?

Personally I would love to have Zeke the next couple years but I personally would not mind letting him after that. At that point he would be coming close to the end of his prime. So why not explore trading him now while he has value?
You are probably a year to late to get anything of substance for him. Any team trading for him now his gonna have to hand him a new contract which lowers his trade value

ItzKelz

Reaction score
You are probably a year to late to get anything of substance for him. Any team trading for him now his gonna have to hand him a new contract which lowers his trade value
Someone trying to fill seats will pay him. The Jets paid Bell.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Zeke is not on the trade table going into this season. The Cowboys are loading up for what they hope will be a serious run with perhaps the most balanced roster and best depth since the 90’s. No way are they going to allow the team to start this journey with a holdout or without their stud RB.

Dak, Zeke, and Cooper will all be on the field for the first game of the season, bank!