Is Trading Zeke on the Table?

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
that failed last time..replace 77 catches and 1600 rushing yards with multiped payers, right because then noone would draft the likes of Fournette, Barkely, and others since Zeke..if the game is to do it by committee then why draft RBs high use them up in under 5years and cut them? no thats stupid.. it fails more then it works the whole committee didnt even work at WR..maybe we should do that at QB because at least Zekes leads his position since being drafted and will only count 14 per at RYB lest get 3 ok QBs and let them rotate, one for running , one for passing short, and deep ball guy..you all for under 17mil..

"Replace 77 catches and 1600 rushing yards with multiple players... that failed last... no that's stupid"

2015 Randle and McFadden stats- 50 catches for 410 yards, and 315 rushes for 1400 yards with 7 rushing TDs.

Zeke 2018 stats- 77 catches for only 567 yards, and 304 rushes for 1434 yards with 6 rushing TDs.

Lmao, so that failed huh? I agree that your post was stupid. You didnt even know how many rushing yards Zeke had.

And comparing RBs to QBs, god I can't believe someone willingly types this moronic **** out.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
SJ will pay him. 4 year deal and run him into the ground. Elliot knows this and will take a big paycheck.

I don't know why we would do that. We can just excercise our options on the two remaining years and then tag him for two more if we really only wanted him for 4 years and that would likely be cheaper. Either way, if he holds out and we got a good offer for him, I'd do it.

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
"Replace 77 catches and 1600 rushing yards with multiple players... that failed last... no that's stupid"

2015 Randle and McFadden stats- 50 catches for 410 yards, and 315 rushes for 1400 yards with 7 rushing TDs.

Zeke 2018 stats- 77 catches for only 567 yards, and 304 rushes for 1434 yards with 6 rushing TDs.

Lmao, so that failed huh? I agree that your post was stupid.

And comparing RBs to QBs, god I can't believe someone willingly types this moronic **** out.

DAK is that guy, but we should extend Zeke as well.
Need a combo to win a SB.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I don't know why we would do that. We can just excercise our options on the two remaining years and then tag him for two more if we really only wanted him for 4 years and that would likely be cheaper. Either way, if he holds out and we got a good offer for him, I'd do it.
And if you don't get a good offer for him?

cern

Reaction score
What about cutting/trading one of the big contract OL? Cowboys are pretty good at drafting in that area.
Or

Zeke Should get paid, in order to do that OL needs to restructure their contracts.
Dak will take a slightly team friendly deal that will help sign Cooper.

#Teamwork.
The o-line works together as a unit more than any other group on a team. They can't improvise or go rogue. So I wouldn't mess with them. We're set up with capable backups and two great youngsters in williams and McGovern.

blueblood70

Reaction score

Lmao, so that failed huh? I agree that your post was stupid. You didnt even know how many rushing yards Zeke had.

4-12 is total failure and they let Dmac walk and cut Randall..hmm so great they felt the need to draft 4th overall RB Zeke..why if they ahd the formula why not bring that awesome by committee team back?a Star and Elite star teams game plan for it changes the way they play defense, trust me with that QB crew we had , bone head coach, and poor defense..they came in with their preseason game plans against us.. hence the RG looked better but no way was that better or hey you know more then the DC FO as they abandoned that those players and got zeke..other teams followed with higher picks of RBs if the committee deal was the best, no RBs would ever be taken in the fist round.. gimme break..4-12 to 13-3 thats FACT.. Rookie rushing champion fact..from cellar to playoffs..Zeke had nothing to do with that? right..

not arguing with you im done this was my point and im sticking with it..

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
And if you don't get a good offer for him?

Let him sit. He's hurting himself if he does it. Besides, I think Cowturd has a point. It would be very interesting to see how Dak can run the Offense without Zeke. I mean, if he wins and puts up good numbers, then lets just go ahead and pay the guy 30 and go find another RB. Eventually Zeke will either come back and if that happens, then he has less leverage. If he stays out, that's money back into our cap and it helps elsewhere. Also puts him a year further from being eligible for FA. Eventually, the right trade partner would emerge and then we probably make a decent deal for him. What do you think the Browns or Cincy might give up for Zeke? Home town boy from right down the road in Columbus.......

Yeah, I might just go ahead and ride that train Corso.

Corso

Reaction score
No the better question is cutting/trading one of the big contract OL. Cowboys are pretty good at drafting in that area.
Or

Zeke Should get paid, in order to do that OL needs to restructure their contracts.

#Teamwork.
You sweet, naive thing you!
I just want to pinch your cheeks!

Corso

Reaction score
Let him sit. He's hurting himself if he does it. Besides, I think Cowturd has a point. It would be very interesting to see how Dak can run the Offense without Zeke. I mean, if he wins and puts up good numbers, then lets just go ahead and pay the guy 30 and go find another RB. Eventually Zeke will either come back and if that happens, then he has less leverage. If he stays out, that's money back into our cap and it helps elsewhere. Also puts him a year further from being eligible for FA. Eventually, the right trade partner would emerge and then we probably make a decent deal for him. What do you think the Browns or Cincy might give up for Zeke? Home town boy from right down the road in Columbus.......

Yeah, I might just go ahead and ride that train Corso.
I appreciate your candid answer my friend.
I can't say I'm on a side on this one. It's one of those - I don't want to be on any of these sides kind of deal to me, but what's happening is happening.

All I can say is I'm much happier as a bystander, than one involved on this one.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
4-12 is total failure and they let Dmac walk and cut Randall..hmm so great they felt the need to draft 4th overall RB Zeke..why if they ahd the formula why not bring that awesome by committee team back?a Star and Elite star teams game plan for it changes the way they play defense, trust me with that QB crew we had , bone head coach, and poor defense..they came in with their preseason game plans against us.. hence the RG looked better but no way was that better or hey you know more then the DC FO as they abandoned that those players and got zeke..other teams followed with higher picks of RBs if the committee deal was the best, no RBs would ever be taken in the fist round.. gimme break..4-12 to 13-3 thats FACT.. Rookie rushing champion fact..from cellar to playoffs..Zeke had nothing to do with that? right..

not arguing with you im done this was my point and im sticking with it..

Dude you've already been embarrassed just let it go. Skip to another thread.

I gave a level headed response with no angst whatsoever to your question, and you come back with some BS and name calling.

So I of course had to put you in your place since it'a obvious nothing has changed with you. You're trash and your football analytics are garbage. You brought up a scenario thinking it would validate your point, yet I showed you EXACTLY what i said in my original post regarding 90% of production at a fraction of the cost. It backfired now you look bad.

Btw the cowboys were 3-1 with Romo, McFadden, andRandle. If you think our issue in 2015 was our running backs, you're an even bigger moron than you put on

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I appreciate your candid answer my friend.
I can't say I'm on a side on this one. It's one of those - I don't want to be on any of these sides kind of deal to me, but what's happening is happening.

All I can say is I'm much happier as a bystander, than one involved on this one.

Honestly, I feared exactly this the day we drafted him. I'd love for him to be an Emmitt Smith but I just don't think he's going to end up being that for us. I don't see how we pay him and Dak and Cooper and Smith.........

Corso

Reaction score
Honestly, I feared exactly this the day we drafted him. I'd love for him to be an Emmitt Smith but I just don't think he's going to end up being that for us. I don't see how we pay him and Dak and Cooper and Smith.........
You may just end up being a great prognosticator, for better, or worse.

Last edited:

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
The 1st goal is to win in 2019.

Does trading Zeke now help accomplish that goal?

Does having him sit out 7 games or whatever the amount is a player can sit without losing a year vested? This is not a good situation to be in for either the team or Zeke, IMO but if that's what's gonna happen, the season is either going to be done before he's ever ready to make an impact or we are going to find that we really don't need a Zeke to win.

It really depends on the trade to me but IDK.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
if NOT paying RBs top money that have high mileage is league wide philosophy, who would trade for him? if hes worth the money and another team sees he not only is worth paying but to trade for him, why dont we pay him? who replaces him, not just another RB but his production??
Hence paying him 2 or even 3 years before he starts to slack off.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
You may just end being a great prognosticator, for better, or worse.

Well, if this ends up being the outcome, I'm pretty sure that I will not be know, around this board as "The Great Prognosticator", LOL.............

Corso

Reaction score
Well, if this ends up being the outcome, I'm pretty sure that I will not be know, around this board as "The Great Prognosticator", LOL.............
I'll hype you.
What better hype-man could you hope for?
I'm like the board's Flava-Flav!

Yeah Booooooy!!!!!

Dang... upon reading my own post... I don't want to be Flava-Flav.
I'll still hype your prog skills though.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
No the better question is cutting/trading one of the big contract OL. Cowboys are pretty good at drafting in that area.
Or

#Teamwork.
Zeke should definitely get paid.....I just do not think we should be the team to pay him.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I'll hype you.
What better hype-man could you hope for?
I'm like the board's Flava-Flav!

Yeah Booooooy!!!!!

Dang... upon reading my own post... I don't want to be Flava-Flav.
I'll still hype your prog skills though.

LOL..... Flava-Flav...... I haven't heard that one in awhile. Thank you Corso, I appreciate you.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Dude you've already been embarrassed just let it go. Skip to another thread.

I gave a level headed response with no angst whatsoever to your question, and you come back with some BS and name calling.

So I of course had to put you in your place since it'a obvious nothing has changed with you. You're trash and your football analytics are garbage. You brought up a scenario thinking it would validate your point, yet I showed you EXACTLY what i said in my original post regarding 90% of production at a fraction of the cost. It backfired now you look bad.

Btw the cowboys were 3-1 with Romo, McFadden, andRandle. If you think our issue in 2015 was our running backs, you're an even bigger moron than you put on
lmao no you are worng im not arguing with an FAN who think on the internet he knows more then the entire NFL and this FO.. they got rid of DMAC and Randall, why ? if it works the way YOU SEE IT , how in the world did the Cowboys miss this and go draft Zeke at #4..then the giants saw this huge mistake and draft SB at 2 Fournette went after and when healthy the Jaguars were better team with LF then without..

you cant cut or trade RB unless its a blockbuster trade and that means another team agrees wth me not you if they are spending draft picks and CASH on a RB OMG you cant do that , right..

Here what the FO should do , Pay Zeke NOW tear up his 2 years give him 3-4 yr deal at 14 per..make 3 guaranteed and then we all win.. Zekes still healthy , young, and in his prime with only 2 years longer then his rookie deal but pay him while hes producing and not declining..

No committee of just ANY RBs will replace Zeke..you would need the right combo and that could take time.. Zeke may hold out now you going into a season with the player we have an expect and know 100% we are better off without zeke.. NO WE ARE NOT.. if thats the case cut or trade Dak and Amari as well..because we can win with anyone..

I would never sign an aging RB to a third contract but he deserves his second one and win win for both sides is pay him now for all the actually good reasons i listed..he will be happy healthy and we will get his best years and not have dead money.. those saying trade or let him hold out , we would need plan and that takes an off season , if he holds out NOW id go ahead pay him hes esar it , hes been the best at his postion, he lived up to the 4th overall pick and deserves the nmoney and i say do it now..if he wont play then what? Dak and few rookie RBs take us to the playofs.. right the defenses will load up to Neutralize dak, like when Zeke was suspended and dare those rookies to run..

you didnt in anything because im not changing my mind..you want trophy and a cookie for what spewing an opinion not everyone agrees with? your opinion is no more valid then mine, in the end the FO will do what they feel and this little forums opinion doesnt matter one bit..

LMAO you act as f im the only one in fandom, NFL, and anywhere that believes Zekes worth signing and the committee deal is the right way..WRONG mixed opinions everywhere but the rams signed Gurley, Jets signed Bell, AZ paid theirs, and others.. Great RBS in their prime should be kept if both sides come to reasonable agreement and right now thats giving zeke his money 2 years early add 2 years and that keeps us from having a overpaid declining back because I believe he can play well the next 4years so why cut or trade him for gamble?

:igglestrophy: heres your trophy self proclaimed king of the internet...:cool::rolleyes:o_O