Is Trading Zeke on the Table?

blueblood70

Reaction score
Honestly, I feared exactly this the day we drafted him. I'd love for him to be an Emmitt Smith but I just don't think he's going to end up being that for us. I don't see how we pay him and Dak and Cooper and Smith.........
the rams will figure it out..why not us?

blueblood70

Reaction score
Zeke should definitely get paid.....I just do not think we should be the team to pay him.
why not if its done properly, like possibly this

Here what the FO should do , Pay Zeke NOW tear up his 2 years give him 3-4 yr deal at 14 per..make 3 guaranteed and then we all win.. Zekes still healthy , young, and in his prime with only 2 years longer then his rookie deal but pay him while hes producing and not declining..

blueblood70

Reaction score
Hence paying him 2 or even 3 years before he starts to slack off.
Im in agreement with this, see my statements to the trolls

when I first heard he might hold out and want to get paid early I said no way but then thought about it and hes earned new contract so pay him early and let him play it out..

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
why not if its done properly, like possibly this

Here what the FO should do , Pay Zeke NOW tear up his 2 years give him 3-4 yr deal at 14 per..make 3 guaranteed and then we all win.. Zekes still healthy , young, and in his prime with only 2 years longer then his rookie deal but pay him while hes producing and not declining..
I just wanted to take a post to say:
I enjoy you.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A question for Cowboys fans. This is a question not related to the off the field issues. Is Zeke worth a new contract with over 1500 carries since college?

Personally I would love to have Zeke the next couple years but I personally would not mind letting him after that. At that point he would be coming close to the end of his prime. So why not explore trading him now while he has value?
Who the heck is gonna give you anything worthy in return knowing they're gonna have to extend him to a record contract!! :huh::lmao::huh:

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Who the heck is gonna give you anything worthy in return knowing they're gonna have to extend him to a record contract!! :huh::lmao::huh:
Raidahs still exist yay?
They do all sorts of cray cray on the day day.

Dang... I got that to rhyme.

blueblood70

Reaction score
The Rams are the idiot jackwagons who started all this mess. They flat out signed Gurley to a stupid deal so I just a soon not follow the Rams rational on this one.
Gurley is Injury prone and already Declining Zekes out performed him and healthy..i get what you are saying but its can be done.. the overpaid QBs are killing teams much more then RBs I can tell you that..

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Gurley is Injury prone and already Declining Zekes out performed him and healthy..i get what you are saying but its can be done.. the overpaid QBs are killing teams much more then RBs I can tell you that..

I don't think it can be. I mean, lets say you sign him to something, what's to stop him from basically threatening to sit out again in two years? Once you give in, it's going to end bad. You either keep getting worked or you end up with a player who waits till it hurts most for him to threat to sit and you are screwed. That's how I see it anyway.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I don't think it can be. I mean, lets say you sign him to something, what's to stop him from basically threatening to sit out again in two years? Once you give in, it's going to end bad. You either keep getting worked or you end up with a player who waits till it hurts most for him to threat to sit and you are screwed. That's how I see it anyway.
so Dak and Aamri wont so that come on that can be said about all players, have you seen what the NBA has come contracts mean nothing and owners and the leagues are allowing it..this will start happening in the NFL already has to degree with Brown and OBJ, Bell they basically got thei way just on other teams..Zeke has earned new contract and keeping him happy the next 3 years is not negative , id like all 3 and make short run like San fran or Seatle did..just have to have core on both sides and Zekes part of that..

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
so Dak and Aamri wont so that come on that can be said about all players, have you seen what the NBA has come contracts mean nothing and owners and the leagues are allowing it..this will start happening in the NFL already has to degree with Brown and OBJ, Bell they basically got thei way just on other teams..Zeke has earned new contract and keeping him happy the next 3 years is not negative , id like all 3 and make short run like San fran or Seatle did..just have to have core on both sides and Zekes part of that..

I'm sorry, I don't know what you said here, at the beginning of your post. I can, however, say this. The NFL is not the NBA and it is a mistake to base business decision on how other leagues deal with similar situations. The NFL's union is nothing close to other leagues and in the NBA, one player can make the difference. In the NFL, that is not the case. Also, you don't have a hard cap in the NBA and you have all kinds of rules that basically allow you to circumvent the cap. You don't have those same kinds of work arounds in the NFL.

Zeke has earned the right be the starter on this team and to play out his contract. He has not earned the right to go to management two years early and demand a new contract. Sorry, we don't agree.

DCwarrior

Reaction score
I love the player but I am done with his off field drama. IF he does hold out, trade him for whatever you can get and move on.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Does having him sit out 7 games or whatever the amount is a player can sit without losing a year vested? This is not a good situation to be in for either the team or Zeke, IMO but if that's what's gonna happen, the season is either going to be done before he's ever ready to make an impact or we are going to find that we really don't need a Zeke to win.

It really depends on the trade to me but IDK.

I don't know what you are referencing.

The league has already said he will not be suspended.

There is ZERO proof that Zeke will hold-out this season. At this point that's just National Media conjecture.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I think the first thing that would have to be defined would be "value".
Do they pull a Patriots deal. under the table without him even knowing it. For some reason I think Jerry learned his lesson with Emmitt. I for one don't care if we keep him or trade him. I've seen the great Elliot I've seen the sloppy Elliott. Tough decision,

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I think we will extend him and trade him before he is used up. If we give him 15 a year then in a few years it won’t be highest paid.
Marion the Barbarian. I can name so many running backs that got beat up so fast in this league. This is the year with Prescott is no longer in my opinion a rookie in training. If he doesn't come through and shine this season it's not going to matter what Elliot does.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
RB's are not done and past their prime after 4 or 5 years. Not as much as fans think anyway.

There's a difference between being done and no longer being elite, which is what you pay if you sign them while they're elite.

Besides maybe half a dozen true superfreaks like Payton, Sanders, Dickerson, etc., RBs aren't elite over 5 years.

Even 5 elite seasons is optimistic. Lots of guys flash elite for a few years and drop off a cliff. Alfred Morris only had 2 elite seasons. Terrell Davis 3. Earl Campbell 3.