Is Washington a team to watch out for?

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
6 picks in the top 103 selections, with two picks in each of the second and third rounds, and a lot of cap space? Toss in a mix of an organization ridding itself of the Snyder stain and you have the potential for 2-3 year about face for the organization.
If they hit on Maye..........

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
6 picks in the top 103 selections, with two picks in each of the second and third rounds, and a lot of cap space? Toss in a mix of an organization ridding itself of the Snyder stain and you have the potential for 2-3 year about face for the organization.

Wild card with the rebuild will be Kliff Kingsbury. I see him as a potential boom or bust hire and also see him pushing for Daniel’s as he suits the style of player KK’s offense fits best. If those two (KK and JD) hit it off,…Ruh-roh.
wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i'm a bit jealous honestly

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
If they hit on Maye..........
You’re right BD, that QB has to hit, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see that pick as being Daniels. Just remembering Kingsbury heavily supporting Murray as being a first pick while he was coaching Tech. I think those traits match-up with Daniel’s strengths more than Maye’s.

Either way, it’s a good time to be a Commanders fan. It may be safe to say their fans are more excited for the upcoming season than we are.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yes, while we linger away in mediocrity .......... other teams change their entire front offices and teams.

Eventually all of the NFC east will overtake us.

Giants and Eagles have already won a Superbowl since us ........ only a matter of time until Wash takes advantage of the 30 years of Jerry without Jimmy.

shabazz

Reaction score
They still a need a QB. And que the posts that say "so do we" in 3, 2, 1.......
It's a great point and once they address that in the draft they will also have a very AFFORDABLE qb as well

Let's just hope that they can't develop him into a franchise quarterback ,lol.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
New ownership, a new HC, and depending on what they do with 80 million in cap $ and the # 2 pick yes there is reason to believe this team's woes are coming to an end.
Either way, they have the tools to get better.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yes they hired our former coaches, we know that, we took one of theirs too! (done). With that said, they have an early draft pick, and have a lot of cap space of near 70+ million. I think with some key upgrades in FA, draft etc, they could be a team to watch out for. Please give your thoughts on this. We like to sleep on teams in our division, but who knows what they'll do with new ownership also at the helm!
Maybe. Depends on how Drake Maye really is (Im assuming thats who they go with) They have alot of capital, draft and cap, to play with. I do think McCarthy was an underwhelming hire, and Kingsbury is a bit of a gamble

JBS

Reaction score
It’s not called sleeping on teams when they always suck

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Washington all hings on the QB.

We know they'll stick and pick at 2, whether it's Drake Maye OR apparently Jayden Daniels is now a possibility (a mistake IMO, but a high risk high reward choice).

So they will definitely be starting a new QB next year....which USUALLY means a poor record...unless you luck out like Houston.

If they pick Maye, they'll probably have a similar year like they had with Howell: they'll have a good enough roster to beat some teams...even us...but I doubt their record would improve. But If they pick Daniels...it's a wild card: could be much worse than they were, with a low chance of being this year's version of Houston.

Wizarus

Reaction score
It will take more than 1 year. But they will rebound eventually if Quinn works out for them.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
It will take more than 1 year. But they will rebound eventually if Quinn works out for them.
The QB will have to work out for them or Quinn won’t end up any better than the rest of their head coaches who’ve been fired. Quinn had 4 losing seasons in Atlanta in his 6 seasons. The only winning seasons were when Matt Ryan was playing well. Not much different between Rivera and Quinn. Both defensive coaches who made it to a SB and lost with a QB that had an MVP season.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Makes it fun, makes jerry more money and everyone is happy lol, no chance they get the williams kid?
The Bears would have to stay with Fields and pass on Williams. If they make that decision they would trade the pick and Washington would have to give up the farm to move up just one spot. There will be several teams interested in moving up and taking Williams.