Is Washington a team to watch out for?

HotDog37

Reaction score
Dan Quinn is like know your enemy. Fortunately, we know Dan Quinn too.

Davidlee1973

Reaction score
The skins history of first rd a picks is horrible. Rg3, Haskins, pat ramsey, the infamous heath schuler. Who head butted the wall and face himself a concussion, heck I can’t remember them all.

calicowboy54

Reaction score
Yes they hired our former coaches, we know that, we took one of theirs too! (done). With that said, they have an early draft pick, and have a lot of cap space of near 70+ million. I think with some key upgrades in FA, draft etc, they could be a team to watch out for. Please give your thoughts on this. We like to sleep on teams in our division, but who knows what they'll do with new ownership also at the helm!
uh Duh they are a team to watch out for, especially if they get there QB issue resolved. Zimm has said we are only going to tweak things not reinvent the wheel. this means we will use existing calls and Defense scheme and just adjust some things. Cousin Danny is going to know what we are doing scheme and coverage wise but may not know what the play call will be as Zimm on any down and distance will do something different. He will know our personal front and back and how to tell his people to do things to exploit their weaknesses. Give Zimmer 2 years to implement his defense IF we keep Big Mike and him and then they will not be as big of a problem. but its going to take a few years, for Zimm to rebuild this Defense and get it the way he wants it.

ghst187

Reaction score
Is Washington a team to watch out for?????

Said no one ever…lolololol

MikeT22

Reaction score
The skins history of first rd a picks is horrible. Rg3, Haskins, pat ramsey, the infamous heath schuler. Who head butted the wall and face himself a concussion, heck I can’t remember them all.
Gus Frerotte aka Mr Butthead

MikeT22

Reaction score
A lot will depend on their QB. Having new ownership and being rid of Danny is huge. Looks like they have a good new GM.

# 2 overall pick, 2 picks in the top 10 of the 2nd round, 2 third rounders. Overall Washington has 6 picks in the top 102.

But it all depends on if their QB ends up being elite, just good or a bust.

I think they could be a regular playoff contender in a couple of years. Beyond that, who knows? A lot is riding on this draft and that #2 pick.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I could be wrong but I think wash is an easy fix , to be a winning team and contending for the div champ right away.
All the nfc east teams will have a hard time this year due to the other teams they all have to play. Tough group of teams,
and due to the 2 sos games dallas and phil gets tougher teams than wash and nyg.

Div wins will be more important this coming season.
Win totals for each team will be lower.

I think Dallas should be top contender.
then phil depending on if they can get their act together, and if they dont they could fall to #3 spot.
Then wash who could compete with dallas for div.
Then giants who probably remain in the cellar as they kept dumbo daboll as HC lol BB was available, and they kept daboll,
which is worse than dallas who kept MM.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Next year, no. The roster's too barren.

But they have a mountain of cap space, a mountain of draft picks, and non-Snyder management to spend both. A playoff berth in 2 to 3 years is very realistic.