Is Washington a team to watch out for?

RonWashington

Reaction score
Chicago Wash New England will all take QB’s 1 2 3 . Meanwhile Dallas at 24 needs a starting OL or LB . Not a medical project or a ST . Need to plug in a day one starter . Hopefully Overshown shows something in 24 like start .

I think with a healthy Hurts the Eagles are the main Cowboy problem .

Last edited:

ArtClink

Reaction score
That hurts, Art. But you know what, that’s a coin flip for me as I read your post today.
As terrible as Washington’s ownership has been the past 25+ years, at least they have a new owner who seems to be serious about making deep playoff runs, something Jerry has little interest in based on his actions. Washington has a chance to turn it around. But here in Dallas it’s business as usual with a new drunk Jones member to lead our team after the fuhrer dies.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Chicago Wash New England will all take QB’s 1 2 3 . Meanwhile Dallas at 24 needs a starting OL or LB . Not a medical project or a ST . Need to plug in a day one starter . Hopefully Overshown shows something in 24 like start .

I think with a healthy Hurts the Eagles are the main Cowboy problem .
lol medical project lol, you know how we love to do that

ArtClink

Reaction score
Some of you are dying for that to happen as if drafting a QB in the first round guarantees success. The Cowboys have only used three first round draft picks on QBs in their entire history. As long as our QB situation remains the same we won’t be using a first round pick on a QB.
Typical, the Jones cartel would neglect using a top pick on the most important position on the field, but then again we have an almost 30 yr streak (ie, no nfc championship appearance) to extend thanks to the fuhrer.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
As terrible as Washington’s ownership has been the past 25+ years, at least they have a new owner who seems to be serious about making deep playoff runs, something Jerry has little interest in based on his actions. Washington has a chance to turn it around. But here in Dallas it’s business as usual with a new drunk Jones member to lead our team after the fuhrer dies.
sounds familiar eh!

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Typical, the Jones cartel would neglect using a top pick on the most important position on the field, but then again we have an almost 30 yr streak (ie, no nfc championship appearance) to extend thanks to the fuhrer.
The Cowboys haven’t needed to use many first picks on QBs and let’s be thankful because no position goes bust as often as QBs. The Cowboys have been very lucky. Roger Staubach only cost them a 12th round pick. They got lucky with Danny White in the 3rd round, although he never got them to a SB. As Jerry once said, Romo was a miracle. We got lucky with Dak in the 4th round. You don’t want to use a first round pick on a QB unless you absolutely have to. It’s a huge setback when a first round QB goes bust. I would rather use that pick on another position that could help the team.

ArtClink

Reaction score
The Cowboys haven’t needed to use many first picks on QBs and let’s be thankful because no position goes bust as often as QBs. The Cowboys have been very lucky. Roger Staubach only cost them a 12th round pick. They got lucky with Danny White in the 3rd round, although he never got them to a SB. As Jerry once said, Romo was a miracle. We got lucky with Dak in the 4th round. You don’t want to use a first round pick on a QB unless you absolutely have to. It’s a huge setback when a first round QB goes bust. I would rather use that pick on another position that could help the team.
I know what you mean but there are also many success stories built around #1 or very high first round QB picks. Houston is the latest example.

Davidlee1973

Reaction score
How many quarterbacks have the skins drafted in the first round that were a bust.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I know what you mean but there are also many success stories built around #1 or very high first round QB picks. Houston is the latest example.
Yes, there’s a lot of success stories and Cowboys had one in Troy Aikman. However, he didn’t start having success until we built a great team around him. Houston has a success story going with Stroud but they could have ended up like the Panthers had they been able to get the first overall pick and draft Young, which they attempted to do. Bryce Young and CJ Stroud are just another example of what a crapshoot drafting a QB is. There’s a lot more flop stories drafting QBs in the first round than success stories.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I would love to see the NFC Beast come back when it was a tug of war and a slugfest back in the day. Sux being in the NFC Least for so long. So yes DQ makes the Commodes better. Bring back those days of old.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Dallas needs to worry about its own issues primarily. I expect them to extend Dak to lower next year's cap hit. That should free up money to plug some holes in defense leaving them to draft bpa at positions of need. Hopefully this years draft is better than last year's.

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
If we pick up where we left off, we need to watch out for EVERY team. And yes, unless we are actually "all in" by some miracle, we will split with the No-Names, even if Quinn is garbage. Washington has picks, they have cash, we have...Jerry and Cap Boy.