Isaiah Simmons traded to Giants

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Oh, is he? Not surprised. It was listed as a strength in his predraft scouting report, but they used PD's(Passes Defensed) and that can be inaccurate.

He appears to be a typical traits guy, very fast, fluid, agile, and explosive. However, at the end of the day he's a track guy trying to play football. In college, he could get by w/ superior traits, but in the NFL, everyone is fast, and so now he has to learn to play football. Apparently he's failing.
Probably want make things simple for him and allow his speed and athleticism to shine. Martindale will likely use him in a lot of blitzes.

JayFord

Reaction score
Probably right…..seeing that we haven’t beaten the Eagles or Cowboys much in the past 10 years, but….. in Daboll I trust. Plus, I think Wink is another smart dude with a good mind to maximize the talent his players have, so I’m sure hoping Wink already has a plan on how to use Simmons, be it LB, S, or some hybrid.

I’m thinking, because this guy is fast, to start with while he is learning the system, he may just be asked to rush the passer.

Can’t wait for September 10th to be here…..I sure hope MetLife is totally alive and loud that night. And I sure hope my Evan Neal can keep your Lawrence off of my QBs back this time.
you know...youre a thoughtful fan who knows football and football facts..i enjoy reading your post

and i usually hope the giants go 0-17

but for you i hope they go 2-15 both wins over the eagles

JayFord

Reaction score
Well we like our guys so don't expect any moves unless it's bringing in players that won't make the roster
if they trade him for a 7th odds are he isnt better than what we have in Cox

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Except for one thing

he didn't make it with the Cardinals and we have young players on our roster that have very similar skill sets and maybe our GM and our owner did not know about this and maybe the Cardinals weren't willing to trade to the Cowboys,

also maybe this is where Simmons wanted to play...​
we don't know the details you guys act like every single trade that comes up is made available to every team it might not be there might be details being left out but acting like some dude who was a bust, he may have some talent , saying its a big loss cause we didn't get him,​
I say look to this roster a guy like same name Isaiah land, similar skill set.. I mean we have players young players that we can develop here already and yes if the Cowboys knew about it and they were offered it and they thought he was worth kicking the tires on then they should have for the seventh round pick but this is kind of like that Mims thing a month or so ago the Detroit Lions got him some of our fans like damn look Jerry missed out really he's already been cut..​
I realize this kid had a lot of talent coming out they were bragging about how great this guy was and we should have drafted him I mean they thought he was going to be Micah Parsons but Nope he was not.​
And I say again we have guys on this roster young ones like Isaiah land that could be developed into a player like this...
Whatever. He is a good player that is coming up on a contract year (4th year 1st round pick). I had to watch Zona for fantasy and he is a 4-3 OLB, pass coverage OLB, rush end that AZ was using out of position. He would have been a great replacement for Overshown. Same player but Simmons is faster, more experienced, and makes more big plays.

Arlington Jonesboys continue to focus on staying "relevant" and not winning Super Bowls.
Pre-draft measurables
HeightWeightArm lengthHand span40-yard dash10-yard split20-yard splitVertical jumpBroad jumpBench press
6 ft 3+5⁄8 in
(1.92 m)
238 lb
(108 kg)
33+3⁄8 in
(0.85 m)
9+5⁄8 in
(0.24 m)
4.39 s1.55 s2.58 s39.0 in
(0.99 m)
11 ft 0 in
(3.35 m)
20 reps
All values from NFL Combine, except bench from Pro Day[15][16]
NFL statistics[24]

Career50371817725813.07.541211672
YearTeamGPGSTacklesInterceptionsFumbles
SoloAstTotLossSkIntYdsTDPDFFFR
2020ARZ1674311544.02.01120211
2021ARZ171770351054.01.5100740
2022ARZ17136831995.04.0201721

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Yall can't fathom that we think our players might be better than Simmons only because of his draft status. That's all this is. Atleast do the complaining for a good player.
the only reason I mentioned, is that we lost Overshown and we were about 6 deep at LB and losing Overshown, puts us at 5. is he really not as good or better than another 7th rounder on the roster or an UDFA?

stilltheguru

Reaction score
the only reason I mentioned, is that we lost Overshown and we were about 6 deep at LB and losing Overshown, puts us at 5. is he really not as good or better than another 7th rounder on the roster or an UDFA?
Is he a better linebacker than Cox or harper? No, he's not.

Jumbo075

Reaction score

Probably would have kicked the tires on this one and let DQ have a go at using him.

8th overall pick 3 years ago, traded for a 7th round pick. If a top 10 pick can be a bust, then maybe it's not so bad that the Cowboys miss on a draft pick once in a while.

rambo2

Reaction score
8th overall pick 3 years ago, traded for a 7th round pick. If a top 10 pick can be a bust, then maybe it's not so bad that the Cowboys miss on a draft pick once in a while.
See draft, see 13 wins, see current roster, see current contender. Connect the dots.

JayFord

Reaction score
NO! thats not how that works!!

*chokes on mountain dew*

our rookies need to show up preseason game 1 with 12 sacks

Kumbaya

Reaction score
you know...youre a thoughtful fan who knows football and football facts..i enjoy reading your post

and i usually hope the giants go 0-17

but for you i hope they go 2-15 both wins over the eagles
Stop that Jay…..I almost spilled my coffee all over this nice clean Giants jersey I’m wearing today In honor of having a smart GM like Joe Schoen. Beating Philly twice…hmmmmm…..I’d settle for once to start with. I can’t recall the last time my guys beat Eagles or Cowboys twice in one season. Maybe it happened when I was in my 20s And I just turned 70.

oh, and I would never say, I wish the Cowboys would go 0-17 because I wouldn’t want you to be drafting first in every round. You have very smart people deciding on draft picks…don’t want them to reload so fast. I don’t mind you going 8-9 Though.

Last edited:

lkelly

Reaction score
He also carries something like a $3.4M cap number this year between salary and roster bonuses. I haven't seen where the Cards are eating any of that. That's a bit steep for someone who is probably bottom 5 on the roster.

JayFord

Reaction score
Stop that Jay…..I almost spilled my coffee all over this nice clean Giants jersey I’m wearing today In honor of having a smart GM like Joe Schoen. Beating Philly twice…hmmmmm…..I’d settle for once to start with. I can’t recall the last time my guys beat Eagles or Cowboys twice in one season. Maybe it happened when I was in my 20s And I just turned 70.

oh, and I would never say, I wish the Cowboys would go 0-17 because I wouldn’t want you to be drafting first in every round. You have very smart people deciding on draft picks…don’t want them to reload so fast. I don’t mind you going 8-9 Though.
I dont want nothing that starts with an 8

7-10 is the sweet spot

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Is he a better linebacker than Cox or harper? No, he's not.
could he be 6th on the depth chart?

my assumption is LVE, Clark are starting LBs and Coxmaybe depending on how you look at parsons is Parsons a DE or LB? he is listed as LB, but he plays a lot of DE. Harper is depth. and even with parsons, then we are 5 deep. need at least 6. would he be better than Land? or Jefferson?

I am no advocating one way or other. but that we should consider all options, specially when it comes to a top 10 pick. would it be worth a 7th round pick?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
He also carries something like a $3.4M cap number this year between salary and roster bonuses. I haven't seen where the Cards are eating any of that. That's a bit steep for someone who is probably bottom 5 on the roster.
didn't the cards pay the roster bonus? or is it due when season starts?

erod

Reaction score
8th player taken in the draft three years ago for a 7th round pick.

Must be a swell guy.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Probably right…..seeing that we haven’t beaten the Eagles or Cowboys much in the past 10 years, but….. in Daboll I trust. Plus, I think Wink is another smart dude with a good mind to maximize the talent his players have, so I’m sure hoping Wink already has a plan on how to use Simmons, be it LB, S, or some hybrid.

I’m thinking, because this guy is fast, to start with while he is learning the system, he may just be asked to rush the passer.

Can’t wait for September 10th to be here…..I sure hope MetLife is totally alive and loud that night. And I sure hope my Evan Neal can keep your Lawrence off of my QBs back this time.
NFL fans all think the Giants are contending for third place in the NFCE. If either the Cowboys or Eagles organizations think that they’ll be the ones contending for third place.