Isaiah Simmons traded to Giants

USArmyVet

Reaction score
AZ unloading 2020 picks...

Traded the 5th they got from Dallas for WR Cooks and received back a 7th-round draft pick and a starting caliber OL with experience at LT, RT, and RG......I would think Jones is better than some of the back-ups Dallas has.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Probably right…..seeing that we haven’t beaten the Eagles or Cowboys much in the past 10 years, but….. in Daboll I trust. Plus, I think Wink is another smart dude with a good mind to maximize the talent his players have, so I’m sure hoping Wink already has a plan on how to use Simmons, be it LB, S, or some hybrid.

I’m thinking, because this guy is fast, to start with while he is learning the system, he may just be asked to rush the passer.

Can’t wait for September 10th to be here…..I sure hope MetLife is totally alive and loud that night. And I sure hope my Evan Neal can keep your Lawrence off of my QBs back this time.
The Giants are a good team. They just haven’t beat Eagles or Cowboys recently. They can beat Dallas on opening night. I expect a great game. Daniel Jones proved he can be serviceable now he has to go to the next step.

slick325

Reaction score
The talent is definitely there. He may just need a change of scenery. The Cards are a disaster.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Arizona is having a fire sale.

tanking for Williams it seems.

Bodes well for week #3
Cardinals are stuck w/Murray's deal until at least through the 2024 season (cap hits of $51M and $45M each of the next 2 seasons w/$97M dead money remaining) so they are drafting for #1 next season to select a QB????

Kumbaya

Reaction score
The Giants are a good team. They just haven’t beat Eagles or Cowboys recently. They can beat Dallas on opening night. I expect a great game. Daniel Jones proved he can be serviceable now he has to go to the next step.
Thanks for the kind words Balt……I would feel a lot better if your pass rush was held at bay….Waller, Campbell, Hyatt, Hodgins, WanDale Robinson, Shepard, Slayton, and Barkley are pretty decent toys for Danny Dimes to play with. We shall see…..

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words Balt……I would feel a lot better if your pass rush was held at bay….Waller, Campbell, Hyatt, Hodgins, WanDale Robinson, Shepard, Slayton, and Barkley are pretty decent toys for Danny Dimes to play with. We shall see…..
It’s one game. You have good coaching. The Giants will have a good game plan and will be at home. The Cowboys offense will be an unknown so our offense against the Giants defense will decide what happens.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
lots of potential and physical ability...haven't really followed how he has played...but a 7th is minimal investment.

Definitely minimal investment, but he seems to have been a bust so far for the Cardinals.

DCwarrior

Reaction score
These teams might learn to quit paying trash QBs elite money when it’s clear the talent is not elite. Cards have already gave up on this year and having a fire sale.

nathanlt

Reaction score
I wouldn't have hated it, but he's in that hybrid role where Dallas has a bunch of guys, I don't think he solves much for this defense.
I don't know that I agree or disagree, but its a fair point. Hybrids are tough to find a fit for, and Dallas seems to have several of those types of players in the safety LB roles.

Yoshimitsu

Lurch
Reaction score
He needs to rush the pasher. Giants have smart coaches I'm sure that's what they'll do.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Well we like our guys so don't expect any moves unless it's bringing in players that won't make the roster
right!?,

you mean like moves all offseason that we made for guys like Gilmore, cooks , and when we brought back Hankins..

you know some of you sound like toddlers,

you don't get your way you throw a temper tantrum, then you start throwing out false narratives like the Cowboys never make moves.. you mean my moves like they did back in 2018 to get Amari Cooper they made a trade all year last year they had to keep bringing in people like Peters , Barr, Fowler, and Ty Hilton and other guys that try to piece together the injury front they get it this year as well I already named some of the names but we do have a really good roster that did not need much additions to but here we go kicking and screaming that you need your pacifier??​
I mean I think you dropped your pacifier and if you need a hankey let me know....???​

blueblood70

Reaction score
He needs to rush the pasher. Giants have smart coaches I'm sure that's what they'll do.
so he rushes the passer and we're really deep at pass rush and really, we're looking for a linebacker not just a pass rusher,

so are you agreeing that we didn't need to bring the man in ?

why is every damn fan think every damn player that's available Jerry should've went and got him Jerry's an idiot you're not getting these players... Some of this fan base are clueless and delusional they think we should just be 3 deep with pro bowlers and bring in every guy who has a name that doesn't seem to be making it on the other team maybe we should give up three first round draft picks and go trade for Trey Lance ??? I mean maybe he's gonna be better than dak Prescott maybe we should just go get him now even though he looks like a boss just like this dude just like Mims just like some of these other guys our fan base keeps wanting everyone.

We have a pretty solid roster right now and by the way Isaiah land is a very similar player why would we need to go get this guy and then Be A development stopper, a progress stopper we have some good young players that can play hybrid safety linebacker and or outside linebacker and pass rush so we've passed on this guy and now everyone's in a tizzy?? ughh

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Cardinals are stuck w/Murray's deal until at least through the 2024 season (cap hits of $51M and $45M each of the next 2 seasons w/$97M dead money remaining) so they are drafting for #1 next season to select a QB????
It's the sunk cost fallacy. They will be paying Murray either way, and he isn't in the team's long term plans. So why would you pass up a talent like Williams?