Isaiah Stanback breaks down film

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Has one interception been discussed to this extent ever before? Doesn't even matter where you place the blame Dak played a fantastic game Sunday and one throw in a W doesn't really change that either way.

I guess that's what you get on bye weeks though...

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Lol has either of them played wr in the nfl and qb in the league

He put the ball where the deep in should've been, how can you not see it. The most elementary football guy can see this.
No he didnt

Zman5

Reaction score
Broaddus also thinks it's CeeDee's fault after watching the film for what it's worth. The route Hendershots ran and the way the LBs reacted should tell you CeeDee was supposed to be at the space vacated by the LBs and the Safety. He shouldn't be drifting toward the safety like he did. That should be very obvious.

Wangchung83

Reaction score
This Twitter poster (Ray H Sr) below said it best...:thumbup:

:hammer:

Lol I know one thing, coop and ceedee had more accolades coming out of college than Dak did. Dak is so great he ruined two top notch wide receivers bc it was them not him. Only thing in common is Dak and his 4th rd arm/brain/etc. ceedee had his head turned around towards Dak not the safety. If say he was suppose to take the sharp flat route then Dak overthrows him even more than he did.lol. If he overthrew bc the route was ran incorrectly then it also confirm he waits for the route which shows his lack of anticipation.

starfan1

Reaction score
Has one interception been discussed to this extent ever before? Doesn't even matter where you place the blame Dak played a fantastic game Sunday and one throw in a W doesn't really change that either way.

No that’s what you get with this board

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
Nope
Throw should have gone to the fly. If CD runs that route flatter the LBs would've been in the way. Hendershot should have run a shallower route. Dak should not have thrown that ball.

Dude if CD cuts it to the 42/43 yard in between the hashes it's a big play. Go to the 4:43 mark of that video. That's 3 former NFL players saying that CD ran a bad route. I there's an agenda here with Dak. But unless you're (generally speaking) a well known defensive coordinator posting here I'm going with the 3 former NFL players.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Lol I know one thing, coop and ceedee had more accolades coming out of college than Dak did. Dak is so great he ruined two top notch wide receivers bc it was them not him. Only thing in common is Dak and his 4th rd arm/brain/etc. ceedee had his head turned around towards Dak not the safety. If say he was suppose to take the sharp flat route then Dak overthrows him even more than he did.lol. If he overthrew bc the route was ran incorrectly then it also confirm he waits for the route which shows his lack of anticipation.
WTH are you talking about? Dak was the 2nd player from Mississippi State to ever be voted among the top 10 (8th overall with two 1st place votes by voters) to the Heisman trophy award since 1944. The actual Heisman winner that year (Marcus Mariota) is backup material in the NFL compared to everything Dak has accomplished so far. Dak was also a semifinalist to both the Maxwell and Bednarik awards in college. Add all of the accomplishments Dak has achieved as a pro, your rant is a joke! Even professional players along with ex-Cowboys all said and explained how it was CeeDee's fault for that interception.

tyke1doe

Reaction score

Good explanation on Isaiah Stanback's part but ...

He says CeeDee should have flatten the route underneath the safety instead of taking the "lazy route" by drifting up field towards the safety.

But here's my question: If CeeDee took the lazy route by drifting towards the safety instead of the flat route, why did Dak (anticipating the route) throw it toward the safety?

Why did he not throw to the "open" flat as Stanback suggested the play was designed for? :huh:

Now, I do see where CeeDee stutter steps before speeding back up, but by then it was too late as the safety breaks on the ball and gets the pick.

But, it doesn't make sense to me that if the right throw for that playcall was the flat, and that's where CeeDee was supposed to be, why did Dak throw it deep in the safety's area?:huh:

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score

He says CeeDee should have flatten the route underneath the safety instead of taking the "lazy route" by drifting towards the safety.

But here's my question: If CeeDee took the lazy route by drifting towards the safety instead of the flat route, why did Dak (anticipating the route) throw it toward the safety?
Why did he not throw to the "open" flat as Stanback suggest he should have done? :huh:

Now, I do see where CeeDee stutter steps before speeding back up, but by then it was too late as the breaks on the ball and gets the pick.

But, it doesn't make sense to me that if the right throw for that play call was the flat, and that's where CeeDee was supposed to be, why did Dak throw it deep in the safety's area?:huh:
I asked this and still havent gotten a logical answer

Thats why I said, I dont think he was supposed to run a deep In as opposed to a skinny post.

And the Dak homers have yet to acknowledge that if Dak saw him running a poor route, why did he proceed to throw it to him?

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
funny, Moose, a 3 time superbowl champion. played football all his life, says this was CD, but a reporter who never played football, but played one on TV LOL, disagrees with him.....so former football players opinions don't matter. but a reporter (who many have dissed as an idiot) in this case matters...because why?
Stanback was an NFL WR and says it was the fault of CeeDee.

Moose agrees.

Sturm disagrees.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

He says CeeDee should have flatten the route underneath the safety instead of taking the "lazy route" by drifting up field towards the safety.

Why did he not throw to the "open" flat as Stanback suggested the play was designed for? :huh:

Now, I do see where CeeDee stutter steps before speeding back up, but by then it was too late as the safety breaks on the ball and gets the pick.

But, it doesn't make sense to me that if the right throw for that playcall was the flat, and that's where CeeDee was supposed to be, why did Dak throw it deep in the safety's area?:huh:
Simple. Because Dak saw CeeDee taking a more rounded route, thus was forced to try to give CeeDee a chance to catch the pass.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Dak threw it too late. Should have thrown it to the spot as soon as CD made his cut.
No. That is not how they practiced the play. This is not street football. This is organized pro football where they practice those plays and routes during the summer and regular season.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score

I think it’s important Bc these tight window throws are how you win In The playoffs. Still waiting for that wow dak Prescott play.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
No. That is not how they practiced the play. This is not street football. This is organized pro football where they practice those plays and routes during the summer and regular season.
Street ball? You have no clue dude. If Dak wasn’t supposed to throw it at the point of the break where he was to be most open, he most certainly wasn’t supposed to throw it closer to the safety than the receiver. There is literally an almost five yard pocket from the linebacker and almost ten yard pocket to the safety that CD is sitting in when he is most open. I don’t know how anyone can blame CD for this.

Last edited:

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Street ball? You have no clue dude. If Dak wasn’t supposed to throw it at the point of the break where he was to be most open, he most certainly wasn’t supposed to throw it closer to the safety than the receiver. There is literally an almost five yard pocket from the linebacker and almost ten yard pocket to the safety that CD is sitting in when he is most open. I don’t know how anyone can blame CD for this.
Dak apologists